main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The odd & interesting world of dreams

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Sep 8, 2012.

1. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
    Didn't part of your dream involve balloons filled with some sort of acidic liquid...and wasn't the dream in the style of a Friday Night Lights episode?

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh yeah! It was like a water balloon fight, but with acid in them. In the style of FNL. And Matt Saracen got his face burned with one. I saw him sitting there... I'm not sure if he was dead or not because he was sitting up against a wall. But there was narration a la Stand By Me talking about how we'd continue on but without Matt Saracen.

3. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Jeez. Don't become a Dillon Panthers quarterback, I guess.

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    School rivalry pranks gone too far.

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    My dreaming last night consisted of a bunch of little dreams. At one point I bumped into Nicholas Cage and just as I was thinking "I FINALLY MET A CELEBRITY ON THE STREET" he started doing a Nick Cage freakout over something. At another point I was eating what I assume was an IHOP breakfast and I was eating the bacon. I thought, "Wait a minute, I'm a vegetarian" but kept eating it. I don't even miss bacon! Another one was with a woman I didn't recognize who kept insisting that she was my girlfriend.

6. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    DG, I dreamed that we went out on a date. Then you left me in the backseat of your car and let your dog drive. He almost ran a woman over and I couldn't successfully explain how this was all your fault.

I'm never going on a dream date with you again!!

7. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't know why I would let my dog drive. He got his license taken away recently.

8. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    EDIT: Stupid boards.

9. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I tend to only remember my dreams when I'm taking melatonin. Had one not too long ago where I was at this high school reunion type of gathering for a school I never went to. Instead of being held at a school it was at a large Cape Cod style house on the shore of a lake/river in New England and the entire class was milling about the house. They recogized me but I didn't know any of them and insisted that I was joking about not knowing them despite me honestly not knowing who they were. Then there a bunch of Freemasons who came in and began to hold some ceremony in the middle of this house while the rest of the high school reunion was going on around it with nobody but me noticing the all the Masonic crap going on.

And if you can, drink about half a bottle of NeuroSleep about 30-45 minutes before bedtime. You'll have some of the trippiest dreams ever.

10. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Last night I dreamed I was at an arcade here in Japan stuffed wall to wall with games(literally you couldn't even walk between them you had to climb over some to get to others). The walls were giant panes of glass on all sides. In the arcade there were tables, and on the tables there were little bowls filled with maraschino cherries. I eat a couple, because I love them. Someone is out behind the arcade looking in, and sees me do it. He starts pointing at me and shouting. He and the owner start talking--shouting, really--very fast in Japanese and I don't catch any of it. Then he called the police. I try to figure out what I've done wrong, and apparently I was supposed to pay for them and this was seen as a huge deal. I try to pay but all I have is USD(like, wads and wads of 20s and 50s) and he isn't having any of it. The cops show up and then what turns out to be my partner(because I am a hitman with a partner suddenly) and he tells me that the boss has called in a hit on me because I've made a scene with the local authorities and my position has been compromised. I ask him how long we have and he tells me that the call went out two hours ago(I guess two hours had passed in dream time). We go to the trunk of my car to get some weapons but the only things in there are some chains. We grab them and duck behind the cop car which is now abandoned(along with the arcade). A car races by, and I hear something whizz past my ear. It's a chef's knife, and this is apparently the trademark of one of the other hitmen. The car screeches to a halt perpendicular to the cop car a little way up the street, and chef's knives started whizzing past us like bullets. The cop car isn't providing any cover at this point, so we decide to race across the street to an abandoned building, doing some crazy acrobatic slow motion Spider-Man level agility dodging along the way. I double back to pick of a couple of the razor sharp chef's knives before scrambling into the pitch black building. My partner and I post up behind a doorway and wait for our assailants to come through the door, which one does. He doesn't see me, and goes right past, and I sink the knives into his chest, and they slide through like warm butter. The guy is in pieces in a matter of seconds, as I continue to stab and the knives continue to go in and out of him like cutting water. I'm absolutely dripping with blood. After a moment and after dragging the body out of the way, I crouch back into the shadows and wait for the others to come through. They're calling for him, and one starts approaching the door. He walks past me, and as I'm about to lay into him I wake up.

11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I've been having a really terrible nightmare: I keep seeing the Giants win World Series games, thus bringing them closer to a championship.

12. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Last night Daniel Craig showed up in my dream. wtf, I didn't even know I had a thing for him.

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Do you have a thing for him now? I've always found that after I dream of someone I tend to crush on them.

14. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I think I do now. This was totally random, as I was fangirling about something else entirely just before going to bed.

15. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I had a weird dream. I was in some kind of theater class, and our teacher gave us some cardboard and told us to represent the concept "cat". So we cut some mouse ears and built a cardboard coffin, and we all stood around the coffin grinning. [face_worried]

16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I had a quick dream last night in which I was shooting the **** with someone at work... I wake up, and realize I slept in for over 1 & a half hours... I was late to work today. :p

17. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I had a dream recently in which my Mum said she was looking into getting some rescue battery chickens.

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Minigolf! We finally played minigolf! Dream started out with a bunch from Orlando being in line for the Jurassic Park Ride at Universal Studios. Seems we had to play mini golf as we went through the line which was very entertaining, but apparently also dangerous as we were playing in a live version of the Jurassic world. Least of the matters were the little Compy's that would steal our balls and take players out of the game, or sending your ball too close to the T-Rex chained in the sandpit. Andrew, I'm sure they'll have some prosthesis for that arm he took.

Cathy, you were told not to wade out into the little lake for your ball. Who knew there were giant prehistoric sharks?

In the end we were all running and screaming to get out and Tom, you swing a mean golf club that the raptor won't forget anytime soon. Thanks!

tom and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  19. Darth Somnambulous

Darth Somnambulous Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    I ain't 'fraid o' no sharks.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  20. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    This morning when I woke up I had been dreaming that Admiral Adama was trying to take over the universe. It was really scary! And I can't remember the rest, it was weird. Usually I remember dreams.

21. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Just woke from a doozy....

It started off with Emma Stone and I having to go to a boating convention in Lake City, Florida. We had to rent a car and the only thing they had left was a Prius....top speed was only 50 mph. Kenan Thompson was going too....he got a brand new red corvette. But he can't drive stick, and wound up destroying the thing's transmission within an hour. Stone and I left him behind.
    We get on I-10 somewhere between Destin and Tallahassee, and she tells me she's forgot her birth control pills. Apparently we had off-camera unprotected sex that i can't remember and she is worried about being pregnant missing one pill. I'm like "its okay just call a pharmacy, there's like ten million of them in Florida." So she gets my phone out of the car's console, but its dead. She then goes for my GPS, but that's dead too. I pull off to the road to a little town with a drug store and a jr. high school.

She goes into the pharmacy, but comes out. Too late, she's pregnant with my kid. And I can't even remember the conception. THIS SUCKS.

So we get back into the car and keep going to Lake City. When we get there, we go to the convention and boat show, then head to downtown Lake City....and there are the WTC trade towers. Someone rebuilt the WTC towers.....in Lake City Florida. Only they were a LOT bigger. It starts raining...clouds so dark they blot out the sun. Everything is bathed in a gray fog. And I decide what the hell...I never saw the towers in New York, so I'm going to go explore these. I get up to the 200th floor...and a plane hits the building. So I find a secret stairway in the building and run all the way down. At one floor I meet a nun who gives me a quarter....she tells me its magic and will protect me. I say thanks and keep going. Finally I hit the parking garage level and am out to freedom...I run at full speed to the parking garage exit, and in doing so I run over some stupid 8 year old kid who jumps in front of me. It's raining harder and so foggy that when I look up at the towers, all I can see is a red glow through the fog where they are burning. News reporters on the scene, claiming that the President has issued a state of emergency. Fox News reporters are also on the scene, claiming that Mitt Romney wold never have let this happen.

Everything is chaos and I get back to a parking lot and there are Emma Stone and Kenan Thompson and....

Then I wake up.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I dreamt the other night that I was fighting back zombies with no weapon to speak of but my bare hands. Very short dream, but I think I would have escaped and or defeated them all.

23. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Last night's dream: I don't remember why I was there, but I was in a large room where the ceiling constantly fired rockets at me, meaning I always had to be on the move while I figured out how to escape.

24. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Last night, I dream I was sitting outside, watching deer go by, and then a hammerhead shark swim through the air. So, I decided to go inside and get dinner. I walked into this huge apartment building and got lost, unable to find my way around. I eventually boarded a tram with a few other people, who were also lost. One guy said that he didn't like the elevators, and I said that I didn't like them either, as they toss you around. We get off the tram and go on a hunt for the terminal with the tram that will take us home. We end up getting separated and I join with another group of people, also looking to find their way home.

As we roam this massive complex with trams and terminals and walk through a food court, we notice that everything had become very quiet and everyone was staring at us and trying to prevent our passage. One man, seated at a table, kicks a chair in my path and tells me to turn back as I'm "getting too close." I tell him that it's my brain and thus my dream, and therefore, I can do whatever I wish.

The man becomes upset and says, "NO! You don't understand! You don't own this world! They do!"

I ask who "they" are, but receive no answer. Our progress impeded, I turn back and decide to find a different way around. Only, there's a group of people fighting a zombie as I move passed, and they're trying to keep the zombie away from me. "We can't let it hurt the brain! Protect the brain!" I eventually get away from that group and emerge from a building and walk through a lobby, with someone talking about what "a great movie" that was, and I see an overlay of credits scrolling. I ignore them and go outside, to see trees toppled all over, as if a storm has passed through, and no one around, save for two teenage boys standing on a street corner.

The doorbell rang and I woke up and maintenance had arrived to fix a breaker.

Point Given likes this.
  25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I dreamed that I found what appeared to be a remote control but turned out to be a powerfula lien weapon as evidenced when I accidentally brought down a building with a button click. Later there was news that some psycho was holding children hostage in a school and so I went in to investigate. Some lil old lady went nuts and I told the romeote to use stun. She didn't go down. So I said ok a bit more powerful then. her head came off. Oops.
    A human shaped alien came to Earth looking for the romote. The remote did not want to go back so we did battle. I told the remote it could choose the manner of death and hit a button. A screen lit up saying "use the spork". Sure enough there was a plastic spork on the ground. One stab later, no alien.

Healer_Leona likes this.