JCC The odd & interesting world of dreams

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Coruscant Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  2. I Are The Internets Force Ghost

star 8
  3. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    I usually can't remember my dreams, but they're probably boring anyways as I usually dream about my dead family members. (1 sister, 1 brother, my dad and my mom all within the last decade).

Here's an article on why dreams can be so frightening:

http://news.yahoo.com/strange-sleep-disorder-makes-people-see-demons-152946861.html

It also explains alien abductions, at least the ones where people describe being taken from their beds.
  4. Todd the Jedi Mod and Inquisitor of SWTV

Manager
    star 6
    Yeah, we recently talked all about sleep and dreams in one of my psych classes. Funny enough, we talked about the muscle thing, where you try running or other fast activities in a dream and you can't because your body knows you're asleep but your mind doesn't (freaky, I know). So what happens that night but me dreaming about myself running a race, starting out fast and finishing even faster. Maybe it's because I'm actually a runner that it's easier for me to dream like that, but it was kinda funny how I seemingly disproved that theory.
  5. Diggy Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Last night I dreamed I made out with a JCer. They were very good.
  6. Diggy Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It means that Malkie and I are comfortable in our heterosexuality, and also care about the environment. You may have noticed I had an erection, but I can assure you that was only because Malkie has the touch of an Asian masseuse when he uses a sponge.
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  7. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    I dreamed I was having quadruplets. Well, not me, my wife.

Oh, I also dreamed me and my friends were multimillionaires and drove a fleet of Hummers through France wasting money and being ****s to the French.

I hope I saved some money for the quadruplets.
  8. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Bet someone is hoping that's not a prophetic dream. lol

Last night I dreamt of work. But work was cross between a gift shop and the magic shop from Buffy.
    Last edited by Healer_Leona, Apr 18, 2013
  9. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Dreamed the correct process of refilling a radiator.
  10. darthhelinith Jedi Master

star 5
    Keep dreaming that my teeth are falling out, although less frequently now, thankfully.
    Scares the **** out of me every time because my Mum is a dental nurse and she's mad enough whenever I've needed a filling.
  11. I Are The Internets Force Ghost

star 8
    I had a dream last night that we were still partying, but then Bane walked in with a keg in one arm and a case of Miller Light in the other. He then said YOUR HANGOVER MUST BE MORE SEVERE. Very strange.
    heels1785 likes this.
  12. heels1785 JCC/PT/New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    This is your body..without fiber!
  13. I Are The Internets Force Ghost

star 8
    When I see you...I see a bagel....WITH CREAM CHEESE
    heels1785 likes this.
  14. heels1785 JCC/PT/New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Carbohydrates. Sugary tomato paste..PROCESSED DAIRY
  15. I Are The Internets Force Ghost

star 8
    You suck Bane!

Who said that? Kill them all!
  16. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I had a dream a few days ago in which I was walking in my room, and then suddenly collapsed to the floor.

[face_plain]
  17. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I was driving to work when I noticed I was wearing fluffy bunny slippers. Annoyed that I didn't have time to go back home and change, I happened upon a horrific accident (I don't remember what it entailed, just that it was horrific). Then the focus shifted to some young guy in a suit who was at the accident scene and looking at a file. There was a photo of a young woman inside, and he said, "This is my only chance to be a successful lawyer. Either that or go to Harvard." Then the West Wing credits started playing. At that time I thought, "Damn, I haven't finished West Wing after all!" 'Cause I certainly didn't recognize this episode.

I think my sleep was somewhat interrupted because I turned into a middle-age black man and the POV changed to TV-camera-like. He woke up in a big, comfortable bed like I was in-- in an office. Another man came in, apparently an old friend. The man who wasn't in the bed said, "You'll be out of here in three days... as long as you were sober." Seemingly implying that the guy had a history, and this was a hospital who held relapsing alcoholics hostage. The guy in the bed replied, "I wonder what [the previous tenant of this hospital room/office whom they had apparently both known and respected] would have done." This TV show was very confusing.
    Last edited by Darth Guy, Apr 23, 2013
  18. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    I was playing some Crusader Kings II: Game of Thrones mod yesterday, so I ended up dreaming that I owned three dragons last night. Unfortunately the biggest escaped and started burning down New York. I tired running after him (like that famous "Fenton!" video) but then he turned on me and attacked. I spent the rest of the dream running through Manhattan until I woke up.
  19. heels1785 JCC/PT/New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Had a dream that I was in an endlessly high movie theater, and that I had to keep running up its stairwells, because there were people throwing small snakes at me.
  20. I Are The Internets Force Ghost

star 8
    I dreamt I was doing a Reformation project with a friend, and Ghostbusters on the TV. We both had no idea who was the main character (Bill Murray obviously), so I did a frantic Google search while my friend continued to work on the project. Google became more and more confusing to use while my friend became more and more angry that he was the only one doing the project.
  21. AAAAAH Jedi Knight

star 4
    in my sleepfilm last twili, i happened to lumber into the biosphere of droogulius caesar the seventy-two in the sidelines of sector 92/5 (consider the luckful quality of it!). he had a smally man pinching to his upper thigh that he called "pyeenos" but i am vinced his truehandle was moavin amunculo. anyhee, droogulius was gripping bloody tennis implements in each mitt and his visage was massively crimsontime and was flooded with hotbeads. "not a good day for bodygames," i broached. "el sol is in full yawn, juicin' the pavement." "i know this," he stung, bugged. "and will you vacate the forespace? i am gauzier than the most gauzy pyramidraiser in the polis." i slurked aside and he passed, featherruffed and flatmouthed. "your pickwick lies open!" i belted after him. i was iceshouldered in whole. "i meant well, by goose", i grummed to myself. it was then i awoke, mifflehearted.
    Point Given and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  22. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    I had a weird yet strangely coherent sci-fi/fantasy dream.

There was some kind of dark entity deleting my identity and then chasing my girlfriend and me through several alternate realities (including a pulp world, some kind of dieselpunk place, and what looked like a World War One setting). Said entity sent kind of Men in Black after us, and we had to be constantly in the move, sleeping in alleys and stealing food and clothing from places (including a hilarious dieselpunk Wal-Mart). I eventually found out that my pursuer was actually (dun dunnn) a 70 year old version of myself trying to find redemption for some horrible thing he had done via killing his younger self thus negating his own horrible act.

It was quirky and dark, yet a very enticing dream. Don't think The Matrix, think Time Bandits or Momo.

I should write this **** down.
    Point Given and Healer_Leona like this.
  23. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Weird dream where I went to work after putting my clothes on backwards. One co worker noted it and I went to fix it, but then she asked why I didn't fix my shoes. I told her you can't put shoes on backwards ( not right to left, but toes in back) and she replied you can if your feet are backwards. Sudden dread filled me, but I woke just before looking down at my feet.
    Point Given and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  24. Todd the Jedi Mod and Inquisitor of SWTV

Manager
    star 6
    I had some very vivid dreams last night.

So I'm walking around Greenwich Village when I see a guy who looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger. I keep walking and lo and behold it is him! I try to keep my cool and not bother him, so I walk on past. Then he calls to me and I turn around and walk over. He asks me where the Central Station is, and I assume he's talking about Grand Central Station, so I tell him. We start walking toward it and all of a sudden he starts speaking with a Midwestern accent and says "I'm not him". It's at this point that I realize this guy is way too short to be Arnie, but he kinda smiles and switches back and forth between an American and Austrian accent. He walks on ahead with the people he's with, leaving me standing in confusion.

Another dream involved the Colbert Report. I was the special audience member who got to sit at the other desk on the set (for some reason the set was nothing like it is IRL, and that was apparently a thing). I was organizing a bunch of pencils in front of me when the show began. For some reason I decided to leave the desk and moved to a spot in the audience. At one point during the show a woman got up to go to the bathroom, and Stephen ogled her as she left, and made some joke about her appearance.

A third dream involved me trying to aim my gun at some bad guy around the corner (because apparently I own a gun and know how to properly use it :confused: ). Then the dream started rapidly shifting. I tried going after the guy, only to be captured by the woman behind the hostage situation. She was this dumb-looking matriarch of this huge family. I tried to kill her but my gun was completely in shambles, more like a toy gun than a real one. I asked her to make it fair by fixing the gun, and she agreed. Then one of her attractive daughters showed up and said "Wait, I have another idea." Before you knew it, I was engaged to this woman's daughter and everything was alright.
  25. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    I dreamed I walked into a mall and went down to one end and the entire area was a collection of every science fiction and fantasy book, and every RPG game and miniature and supplament, and every magazine and statue ever created. Ever. And everything was reasonably priced and nicely packaged. And the employees were nice and extremely helpful.