main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**THE OFFICAL** How do you think Mace will die thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by THE_DOODE, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Mace will confront Palpatine as the others flee to safety, and Vader will walk out of the shadows, Mace realises he's out numbererd still fights both of them :cool: Goes down a hero :)

2. Anvia_Fett

Anvia_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Id like to see either Dooku or Vader kill Mace. It would make more sense to have Anakin kill him cos of the glare he gives Mace in TPM. Or, as Slave2 suggests, both Vader and Palpatine. That would be a great fight, but Ive always thought of Palp as the guy who always tries to stay behind the action, not in it(until ROTJ, that is)

IMHO Boba killing Mace would look... well, stupid unless it was done absolutely perfectly.. But, still, Lucas should try and keep a clean image when it comes to kids killing people. He might not care about Hollywood and all that, but showing Boba determined to kill Mace in a movie that 10 year olds will wanna watch won't do anything to stop real life violence.

3. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Mace will be impaled by Anakin, much the same way that Qui-Gon was killed by Maul.

4. Rilina

Rilina Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2000
    Well, I definitely don't think Mace will die at the hands of a young Boba Fett. C'mon. His father hardly lasted ten seconds against Mace, and Boba himself wasn't exactly hot stuff in ROTJ. I think some Boba Fett fans are just looking for something to validate their adulation of an otherwise peripheral character.

My personal Mace theory? He's taken down by Vader while trying to defend the Jedi Temple. Vader gets his revenge and eventually destroys the place.

5. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I think it will be Dooku myself it makes a lot of sense....

But i hope it's Anakin that would be cool

It will take a lot of punishment or a great trap to kill Mace Windu

6. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    OK, I just saw ATOC again and I payed particular attention to Mace. I have to say upon closer examination, that Mace is OVERRATED. He was slow and uncoordinated. Luke Skywalker was more impressive when he killed all of Jabba's hinchmen.

I take back everything I have said about Mace Windu. Everyone but a minor Jedi could defeat Mace Windu in a duel if he fought like I saw him fight in ATOC.

Mace Windu is as overrated as Boba Fett ever was.

7. Nomi Jade

Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    //Holds on to Boba-Whipping-Mace Fantasy til Episode III. ;)

8. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    well, considering boba fett is actually Jar Jar, I'd say he kills mace... on accident :D :D :D :D

9. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Just for the record I don't like Mace. He is one of my least favorite characters but the idea of Boba Fett killing him would make him look like a wuss.

10. rockwilder57

rockwilder57 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2000
    More than likely, Boba will have a confrontation with his father's killer. IMO, if he doesn't kill him, I believe he will have a part to play in Mace Windu's death. In AOTC he is a mature 13, depending on the time frame between Ep.2 & Ep.3, he could possibly be between 16 and 18. I agree that Mace dying at the hands of Boba, would make him seem less powerful, considering he is like, what, only second to Yoda in skill. I'm not ruling out completely though.

11. THE_DOODE

Dec 3, 2001
    Mace isn't slow......

He is just so good he's smooth

it's like Mario Lemieux, he looks lazy and slow but he's the best right?

same thing

12. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    I don't know who Mario Lemiwhoever is but the Mace Windu I saw in ATOC was slow and stiff. Doode, you want slow machine-man Vader to kill Mace? Skillwise, I now think that could happen. But then I also think a lot of other people could kill Mace too ;)

Besides whoever said Mace was so all powerful anyway? It's not stated in the movies.

EDIT: Oh, speaking of Mace Windu, I saw the 12" figure yesterday. SWEEEEEET!!! I love that expression he has :)

13. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    How about this: There's a three-way fight between Mace, Obi-Wan and Anakin. Mace would die or get injured by Anakin. The remains would go to Boba Fett.

Obi-Wan and Anakin would continue to duel. . .

SD

14. Wet_Fett

Wet_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    The clones will turn and kill all jedi including mace.

15. _Zap_

_Zap_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    jango fett only got killed by mace in 10 seconds because
    he got trampled by the reek that must have really hurt and the pain might have reduced his skill and all he had to fight mace with was 1 pistol! his jetpack and all his gear on his armor got destroyed by the reek and his other pistol got lost or broken when he got trampled
    boba fett would be able to kill mace
    he could pack all sorts of nasty weapons like thermal detonaters and missles and big huge blasters. he could start with a sniper rifle and try to kill him that way. then he could attack him with missles and detonators
    then if mace survied he could shoot him with a rapid fireing blaster which would slow down mace then when mace gets close to him he can kill him with his flamethrower

16. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    It's gotta be Boba Fett, probably in a spaceship since hand-to-hand wouldn't be a fair fight.

Anakin will be off killing Dooku and going to the Dark Side. He doesn't have time for 3 huge saber duels (possibly 4 if he tries to take on Palpatine, and I think he will) so someone else will polish off Mace.

17. GORILLA

GORILLA Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2002
    Boba could possibly assassinate Mace. Like a sniper shot from long range. Mace is not all powerful, he can't see and predict everything. Boba COULD get the drop on him if it's unexpected.

18. Bresson

Bresson Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    Does anyone remember Windu's first scene in CLONES? When Padme and her entourage walks in, Lucas lingers on a long close up of Windu thinking about something. I mean, I saw the movie again this afternoon (at the world famous Graumann's Chinese, packed to the gills with a general audience, thank you very much), and that close up just jumped out at me because it was stayed on so long and I couldn't figure out what the hell he was contemplating. Maybe it's nothing, but Lucas isn't known as someone who lingers on even a meaningful moment so for him to hang on that expression was curious and may hold a clue as to what Windu's all about. Hopefully it's something; so far, I don't think his character's had much of an impact in the overall story line. He just sorta walks in and out quite a bit, rather than having an overall effect on Anakin's path.

19. Darth_Kyber

Darth_Kyber Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    I SAW A QUOTE SOMEWHERE FROM HAYDEN MENTIONING THAT HE WANTED TO BE THE ONE WHO TAKES OUT MACE. ANY HELP?

20. Bresson

Bresson Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    Don't believe anything the actors say. Right now, they're in the dark as much as we are. Hayden might have just said that because Sam Jackson's known for being quite a jerk on sets.

21. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    George makes sure we know how frustrated the Jedi Masters are throughout the film by the fact that they cannot detect what's going on. That's why he shows Mace pondering for so long. I don't think it's to make us think he's plotting anything.

22. 5darth2maul1

5darth2maul1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I also believe that Mace will die at the hands of Boba. We shall see in 1,087 days ;)

5D2M1

23. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    I hope and belive also that it will be in the Hands of Boba fett :)

24. bigbeast

bigbeast Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2002
    Jabba the Hut will eat him, but he's so badass that he uses the force to create a shield while inside the Hut's stomach (as well as one of those hefty little breathing devices) and then Boba will go inside of Jabba's stomach with the Slave 1 and blow him up. That would then explain why he has a good raport with Jabba for ROTJ.

25. THE_DOODE

Dec 3, 2001
    How do you know Jackson is a jerk on sets?

Hayden said that cause he thinks Sam is such a cool guy i heard that quote on Entertainment tonight or something .

But it's not up to them it's up to Lucas and i think Mace will fight Dooku and almost kill him then Boba will rush in and disinagrate Mace while Mace is about to kill off the powerful count this way Boba gets revenge and Mace looks powerful he just gets killed while concentrating on Dooku the same way the Palps died concentrating on Luke....
    Mace is overconfident that's probably the way he will die..

I think this is a good idea...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.