main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH *****THE OFFICAL VOTE OF NO CONFIDNECE IN LOVELY LOTUS****

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Kozzai_Wasspri, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kozzai_Wasspri

Kozzai_Wasspri Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    After erewading that post by jedi mike, I can only say that a true fan would never do that to another. they know how much SW means to them.

true, i skippedout on a meeting, but I never investedanything other then time into it. and i didn't take anybody's cash either. all I did was come to terms with my own fandom.

2. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Hmmmmmmm, weirdo? Well, I have to step in that one, Mr I am walking around with my lightsaber handle (not too good lookin' on top of it), maybe thinking I am some kind of Jedi (that is REALLY weird, and VERY scary!!!)... By the way, don't think you way of saying "I'm gonna go have a smoke, be right back" wasn't weird since you actually left without saying anything to anybody?
    Also, Mr. JediMike that I thought of as a really cool guy, does nothing else here than trying to complain and destroy what we tried to put together. You do not know the whole story, and shouldn't be foolish enough to follow only one person's point of view (exageration/lies?) and it is not the little "nice" note about Lady_Lucas and I that will change my mind about how things are getiing right now. Also, yes, Mary didn't want to go at C2 after all, and wasn't going to. The reason why she finally went is because my fiancee and I called them home since we couldn't get a hold of her at their hotel, and that we begged her to show up, since it meant a lot to us to see her there.
    Also, John is far from a weirdo as you call him, he is probably far more educated and has a huge culture on very many things, you just have to get to know him to see that, and I am VERY proud to be these guys friend.

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    This isn't constructive with vague references. You all need to discuss this in your next meetings.

4. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    there is some truth to this, but on the other hand things will fester if left alone. Still everyone needs to know both sides. there is also no need to argue amungst ourselves about who is right or wrong until some simblence of truth is known

5. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I don't know all the sides, but I read what was on here, and some PMs. I think it best to discuss this at a meeting, instead of airing dirty laundry in front of every newbie and non-involved party. I don't think everyone is comfortable with discussing the issues this way.

6. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    i think it all is going to be moot if something possitive doesn't happen soon

7. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    For Lady_Lucas and I, it is an easy choice.... As our friends from NSYNC would say... BYE BYE BYE ;)

8. jedimike421

jedimike421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    I know that you are concerned about this post (and I can understand this)but I felt that I needed to share the truth with what happened concerning my involvement with the City Rep and Secretary of our FanForce when it came to my attending C2. It's better to have words spoken on our messageboard than to risk a public meeting and risk a possible argument in a public meeting place.

9. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    JediMike, you whine even more than our fellow Luke Skywalker...

10. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    to borrow from queen amadala:

I can see now that the queencity force no longer functions.

it may be safe now to assume that you can consider this boar the Cincinnati message boar.

11. jedimike421

jedimike421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    Ludo, am I to keep silent and act as if nothing ever happened? I am not whining, I am just letting everyone know what happened and why I wasn't at C2. Is this the way to deal with problems is to let them happen to me and hope it doesn't happen again? Please if you have thought of a better way of handling this situation, please let me know.

12. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I would be upset too if I were in jedimike's shoes.
    I do not know what really happened, but so far his is the only side of the story that has been publically offered from what I can tell.

13. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    I am so angry right now that common decency and privately discussing things has been thrown right out the window, that I do not know what to say.

I'd love to throw some more rocks around and go pointing out things that jedimike421 has done to Lotus, but that wouldn't be right.

I'd love to throw some rocks around and go pointing out the peculiarities of Kozzai and bring up how many times he's been banned, but that wouldn't be right either.

I feel as though the posts being made by jedimike421 are a cry for attention because he wants people give him special treatment. When I say special treatment, I mean that he wants to look like a victim. But when a person makes another feel uncomfortable enough make them lie to avoid hurting feelings or worse, I've got to wonder about that person. Had I know exactly how far things had gone in private messages, I wouldn't have even allowed jedimike421 to have directions to my residence.

When he showed up on my doorstep, Lotus did not feel well, and was not going to go to Cel II After hearing the situation in detail, and a phone call from jedimike421 to see if Lotus was already feeling better, just a meager hour and a half after having left; I decided that it would be in our best interests if we didn't contact him and invite him along. I was also so mad, at that time, that I wouldn't have been able to be civilized with him. I knew a little about earlier things, but from what I understood, jedimike421 claimed to only be joking. When I heard more, I didn't like it.

Lotus no longer wants to be involved with the group, at this point. And it's all because of things not being kept private. Dirty laundry needs to be washed before it is aired out, otherwise the whole neighborhood stinks.

Lotus really did some hard work trying to recruit some more folks for our group at C II. God only knows that she skipped out on things she'd have liked to have gotten accomplished in the hopes of making this a bigger and better group. To be torn publicly like this is really hurtful and immature towards her. And if a person claims to have respect, why would they continue to degrade another?

I'm not so worried about what you say or don't say about me, but I've tried to defend other folks on this board who've been flamed, and I'm not about to let Lotus be an exception to the rule because of her being CityRep. What you say about me doesn't matter. I've had worse things said to me by my own family, you can't hurt me with words.

14. Geekzapoppin

Geekzapoppin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 1999
    So is this it? I hope that things don't completely fall apart over this.

If Lotus felt uncomfortable around Mike, then so be it. There are people I feel uncomfortable around. Unfortunately, we can't bond with every person on the planet. It just doesn't work that way.

However, that being said, I can understand Mike's anger. If Lotus felt uncomfortable with Mike's going with them, then she should have just told him so. I'm sure that she didn't say anything because she was trying to spare his feelings. That's a noble thing. Unfortunately, lies are hard to keep up. Mike found out and was understandably hurt and upset.

Should he have posted it all here for everyone to read? No. It was a personal thing and it should have been hashed out in private.

In the end, it's just all a big mess. Bad choices were made ON BOTH SIDES. It is my sincere hope that things can be settled and that the group can continue. I don't know if that's possible, but I hope it is.

15. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Thank you Geekzapoppin! I agree with what you've posted. Things could have been handled differently all around without it being made public.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.