main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST ST Complimentary Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Downunder, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Contreras1991

Contreras1991 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 18, 2017
    I enjoyed a lot but mainly Luke and Kylo engagement, Holdo kamikaze attack and the throne room battle

thehighground and Strongbow like this.
  2. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    The opening pan down to the Resistance spaceships escaping is a worthy addition to the traditional saga opening of starfield then pan to spaceship.

Xinau and Strongbow like this.
  3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    There were heaps of amazing scenes.

Holdo going lightspeed into Snoke’s ship and his fleet may have been the best scene in the entire series. That was breathtaking. I loved how it went completely silent too.

The entire confrontation in Snoke’s throne room. Especially Rey and Kylo vs. the Praetorian Guards.

Leia surviving in space and using the Force to get back to the ship. I saw this being criticised on here, and I don’t know why. I thought it was amazing. After eight films it was awesome to see things with the Force that we’d never seen before. Which brings me to my next point...

Luke vs. Kylo. Some of the cinematography in this sequence was amazing. Especially with Luke standing there with all of the AT-M6’s standing infront of him.

Everything on Crait looked stunning. The colours were beautiful. And that chase with the Falcon with the classic Star Wars music playing was awesome!

The Dreadnought appearing out of hyperspace at the start was epic. I went “Woah!” out loud in the cinema. Snoke’s ship jumping out of hyperspace was epic too. I love watching ships jump out of hyperspace! But what made these moments better than usual, was the fact that we’d never seen these ships before. It’s was like “Boom! New gigantic, badass looking ship!”

Rey training with Luke’s lightsaber.

Etc.

4. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I liked the motif that played during some of the Resistance/Rose scenes. It can be heard at the beginning of "The Rebellion is Reborn" on the soundtrack.

Darth Downunder likes this.
  5. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    - Luke's awesome pole-vault move from cliff to cliff.
    - Rey accidentally terrorizing the Caretakers.
    - Loved the Leia in space scene. Goes some way to dispelling the false movie myth that being in the vacuum of space means instant death. Also shows us what would logically happen when a person floating in space reaches out with the Force & tries to pull a starship towards them. Brilliant scene.
    - Yoda's physical appearance might not have been perfect, but his scene was IMO. His dialogue & his lesson to Luke about the master-student role was one of the highlights of the movie. If only Luke had not cut himself off from the Force Yoda could've been there helping him years earlier.
    - The ancient Jedi texts, shown on board the Falcon. Just don't expect them to be page-turners Rey.
    - Holdo repeating the last words of the medical frigate captain before he died. "God speed Rebels". Although that phrase seems slightly anachronistic for the SW universe. Similar to Han's "I'll see you in hell". Perhaps in that sense it's an ESB homage.
    - Kylo foreshadowing Luke's fate at the end of the movie. Telling Rey that if she were behind their Force projection it would cause a strain that would kill her.
    - That Force projection/communication idea is as brilliant as it is simple. Imagine if we'd seen Luke & Vader doing that in the OT!
    - The ST now has some of its own mirroring going on. Both TFA & TLJ feature: Poe being a wise-ass to an enemy commander at the start of the movie. Finn getting electric shocked. BB-8 doing something funny & cool with his "hand" attachment. Probably more that I can't recall.

6. KembaSkywalker

KembaSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 16, 2016
    I guarantee this has already been mentioned, but the entire Yoda sequence was absolutely amazing. It got me emotional.

My favorite line of the entire movie: "Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."

7. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Great post.

8. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    There are too many to list, but the one that I am absolutely in love with at the moment are both the first and second-to-last scenes with Luke.

Darth Downunder and themoth like this.
  9. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Luke’s last scene with Leia, his confrontation with Kylo and his death is possibly my favorite stretch of film in the saga.

Xinau, Revanfan1 and Padme1977 like this.
  10. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Wow.... tough to pick. I loved so much of this movie.

Opening scene. Visually extremely striking.
    Holdo attack on the Supremacy.... there was an audible gasp in the theater last night when that happened.
    Luke/Kylo on Crait.
    Luke/Leia on Crait (oh, the tears!)
    Snoke/Kylo/Rey
    Kylo/Rey/PG fight. (Just an amazing fight)

11. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Pretty much everything that happens in the Throne Room, the Kylo and Rey fight against the guards is probably one of the best action sequences we've seen in Star Wars. It was inventive, exciting, dangerous and had character moments. Major thanks to whoever was responsible for the choreography on this and well done to Daisy and Adam, they must have worked hard on it.

MarcJordan, Slater, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  12. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Kylo and Rey with Snoke, everything of that scene is incredible.

MarcJordan likes this.
  13. Darth Hood

Darth Hood Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    I loved how when snoke is eviscerating Kylo Ren he brings up pretty much every fan criticism of his fight with Rey on Starkiller.

14. Padme1977

Padme1977 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 8, 2013

I'm going to have to watch it again, many times but i think you might be right. My favorite scene as of right now (and has been for years) was the last few scnes of Vader/Anakin vs Luke at the end of ROTJ both were Vader/Anakin kill Sideous and were he removes his helmet and tells Luke that he has saved him...

Thinking back I have to say the Luke and Leia and then Luke vs Kylo scene may be in close running, it was so well done and so emotional and then that massive twist were he isn't even THERE, wow.

Jennifer

themoth and Darth Downunder like this.
  15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Yoda sitting down next to Luke to watch the fire.

16. Rancor Keeper

Rancor Keeper Jedi Master star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    It's amusing that for a franchise that has dominated the sound effects and music categories in the Academy Awards since 1977, the most stunning and powerful effect of all was the absolute perfect silence they used in this scene. The entire theater held their breath, what a moment.

Xinau, MarcJordan, Nate787 and 10 others like this.
  17. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    yeah Mark Hamill was great , I was worried that after 35 years he might not have retained it, but he's Luke , never a false moment .

and the lightsabre battle with the red guards was amazing , the moves were terrific .

18. entermemo

entermemo Jedi Knight

Feb 21, 2011
    I loved loved loved the police/guard uniforms on Canto Bight!

19. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    I loved Kylo and Luke's confrontation. I think they had the best acting together, wish we would've been able to see more of them interacting.

thehighground likes this.
  20. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    That was amusing.

21. cronus33

cronus33 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    So many to list.

The emotion Rey shows throughout the film. The tears, frustration, the anger/rage. Loved it all. And her calling Kylo "Ben" got me every time. Love it.

MarcJordan likes this.
  22. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Many of my favorite moments have been mentioned, like the silent destruction of Snoke's ship, the Kylo/Luke confrontation, Luke's farewell to Leia, and Yoda's return.

I have a three more:
    - Before Leia's return to the cruiser, her getting blasted out of it by explosive decompression. I was certain they'd have to kill off Leia, and I was shocked they'd do it in such a fast, blunt fashion. Then, they fooled me.
    - After saying goodbye to Leia, Luke's last gesture to Threepio, a friend who was there with him from the very beginning.
    - And, it may seem silly, but I'm glad they put the dice back in the Falcon's cockpit.

Xinau, MarcJordan and Tho Yor like this.
  23. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Definitely Luke milking the Loch Ness monster. Amazing sequence.

24. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Luke & Yoda for sure
    Throne Room Fight
    Finn vs Phasma
    Opening Battle
    End Battle
    Kylo vs Luke

Epic absolutely Epic.....

MarcJordan and Darth Downunder like this.
  25. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    - BB-8 working inside the X-Wing -- a first in the films, I think, and very cool.
    - Poe holding for Hux (Poe throughout the film, actually)
    - The quick scenic shots in Rey's meditation
    - The Falcon's shadow when it enters the battle on Crait
    - Finn's near-sacrifice, which brought me close to tears

I agree with many others mentioned as well. This thread is a great read, in part for helping me process more of the film.

Xinau, MarcJordan and Sarge like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.