main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *Official* 2006 FIFA World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by rhonderoo, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith Bane

Sith Bane Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 14, 1999
    And the rest of the world, but okay. Yet I don't come into the MLB thread to try to convince you otherwise.

It's like you're at a U2 concert and you inform every other fan there that you hate U2 and like Britney Spears better. The logical reaction of those people would probably be to ask you why the hell you're there and not at a Britney Spears concert. If you get my point. :p

EDIT: But yes, back to the topic at hand. I'm also curious what was said to Zidane. It must have been serious.

2. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    The 32-year-old Italian defender Materazzi is viewed as the hardest of the "hard men" in Serie A. In 2004, he was given one of longest bans in the history of the Italian game for an unprovoked attack on another player in the tunnel. His victim, who was punched in the face, said Materazzi had taunted him throughout the game. (the Guardian)

Lovely fellow, then.

3. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    [face_pig]
    Henry is the best striker in the world
    Cesc is the best young proven talent in the world

You cant even argue with this. So meh.

4. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    caucasian [face_laugh] half black [face_laugh]
    LOL u both lost.

5. DarthBurns

DarthBurns Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    Agree with Henry, but Rooney has more talent by far than Fabregas. Cesc has the potential to be one of the best midfielders in Europe, but Rooney is looking to be the best player in the world.

6. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    Yeah but the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo cant even be considered young talent anymore, 3 or 4 season in top flight football, and a Euro and World Cup under thier belt.

Cesc has gone from first full season to Spain debut in a matter of months.

7. Kyp

Kyp Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Cesc is good, can be great, but he's just that.. good.. he practically disappaered in the first half of the season last time around.

I also liked your comment "hate it when teams play tactically after watching teams like arsenal play beautifully"

biggest load of rubbish I've heard.. Arsenal were hardly beautiful getting to the CL final. They played a tactical game.

8. Rebel Scum

Rebel Scum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 20, 1999
    No doubt he's got the talent but he still has much to prove if he wants to become a world class player..

My money is on Messi...

9. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    Dissapeared? He was learning his game, it was his first full season for christ sake, trying to fill the legendary boots of Patrick Vieira. The last 4 or so months, he wasnt just good, he was great. He totally demolished Juve and Real

We do play beautiful football. Yes maybe part of the champions league was tactical, but that was just in the knockout rounds, and even then we played thrillers against, Real (twice), Juve (twice) and Villareal in the first leg. Stop being such a hater, even with 451, we were playing entertaining football. Only the 2nd leg of Villareal was ugly...and the final we had to resort to it because of 10 men disadvantage.
    Its a fact that arsenal play the best looking football in the premiership. Its not the most effective football these days, and its not winning us much, but its pretty. Stop being a blind hater.

The Highbury game against Real was called the more exciting nil nil ever. Obviously some bias there because people barely remember any nil nils, but it proves how entertaining we are. You lost.

10. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    lol darth_boy lost.

11. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    don't do that

12. George_Roper

May 1, 2005
  13. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    so anyways when do you we pack this baby in and move back to the other thread? surely the Arse love n hate war is best suited there.

14. George_Roper

May 1, 2005
  15. Kyp

Kyp Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Dissapeared? He was learning his game, it was his first full season for christ sake, trying to fill the legendary boots of Patrick Vieira. The last 4 or so months, he wasnt just good, he was great. He totally demolished Juve and Real

So you only need to play great for 4 months and be great for about 18 mins against rubbish teams like Ukraine, Saudi Arabia(against who he hardly ruled the roost, mind, with a full game) and disappear in the game of your life(France) to be hailed as the most proven youngster in world football?

I'm not saying that Cesc isn't good or way better than average, but where the hell do you get your rubbish from? If Cesc hadn't been playin for Arsenal, you wouldn't even have heard of him. Cesc had Vieira in his pocket, sure, but in the Real game at home, I remember that it was more down to rubbish finishing from Real than anything about Cesc that made the game interesting and in the return leg he hardly had a stronghold on the thing. I don't remember the second leg very well, mind.

We do play beautiful football. Yes maybe part of the champions league was tactical, but that was just in the knockout rounds, and even then we played thrillers against, Real (twice), Juve (twice) and Villareal in the first leg. Stop being such a hater, even with 451, we were playing entertaining football. Only the 2nd leg of Villareal was ugly...and the final we had to resort to it because of 10 men disadvantage.

part of the CL? from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1. That says it all, doesn't it? I saw your god Thierry Henry stranded on an island, crying to his midfield "why? why? why? ball plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" and then start whining when he got injured and couldn't pull down headers because he was outmuscled by most defences in the knockout stage. I saw the press state that he 'sambaed' past 4 players in the Real game, I saw the game and it looked more like 4 chairs than Madrid defenders. He was good in the game, yes, credit, but he didn't do much apart from that. Real, Villarreal x2, rubbish.

Its a fact that arsenal play the best looking football in the premiership. Its not the most effective football these days, and its not winning us much, but its pretty. Stop being a blind hater.

best looking football? Arsenal have scored less goals than Chelsea, MU in 2005/06 and looked pretty clueless till Adebayor came in in January.. do you go to a pub where they screen repeats of Arsenal 2003/04 to get more customers every week or something? What is this 'best looking football' that Arsenal played? I'd say that Spurs were more entertaining than you for the major part of last season. Chelsea were boring me, I agree -- Arsenal were perhaps more entertaining than them at times.. but Arsenal hardly gained a stronghold on that thing till Eboue found his boots[Jan 30~, African Nations Cup end] and Adebayor came in[around the same time].

The Highbury game against Real was called the more exciting nil nil ever. Obviously some bias there because people barely remember any nil nils, but it proves how entertaining we are. You lost.

I have *never* see anyone say such a thing. Where do you get your stats from? the invisible man?

I'm sure you'll reply with something about "why all the hate" or "you lose" and some songs about homies in da hizzouse but please try to keep this conversation sensible and with ACTUAL stats instead of being a, ahem, blind lover.

PS: I love Cesc, I think he is going to become one of the best footballing brains under the tutelage of Wenger, but an youngster who is flourishing in Europe and running games? Andres Iniesta. He's going to be the best some day. The natural heir to Xavi. I simply love that guy.

16. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    So you only need to play great for 4 months and be great for about 18 mins against rubbish teams like Ukraine, Saudi Arabia(against who he hardly ruled the roost, mind, with a full game) and disappear in the game of your life(France) to be hailed as the most proven youngster in world football?

You seem to be a bit slow on the intake. Im not saying he was perfect this season, but he worked hard, and finished with a superb run. Stop being so emotional

I'm not saying that Cesc isn't good or way better than average, but where the hell do you get your rubbish from? If Cesc hadn't been playin for Arsenal, you wouldn't even have heard of him. Cesc had Vieira in his pocket, sure, but in the Real game at home, I remember that it was more down to rubbish finishing from Real than anything about Cesc that made the game interesting and in the return leg he hardly had a stronghold on the thing. I don't remember the second leg very well, mind.

What rubbish are you talking about exactly? My belief that he is the best young talent in the world? You make it sound like im making this crap up, and its a unfounded theory. EVERYONE would agree he is ONE of the best in the world. But i happen to believe he is the best. Stop crying that i have an opinion. I've watched this boy for 3 years now, and I know the talent he has. The only other person that impresses me on that level is Messi. And your thoughts on the those games = made up nonsense. He was fantastic. It was the games that made his name.

part of the CL? from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1. That says it all, doesn't it? I saw your god Thierry Henry stranded on an island, crying to his midfield "why? why? why? ball plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" and then start whining when he got injured and couldn't pull down headers because he was outmuscled by most defences in the knockout stage. I saw the press state that he 'sambaed' past 4 players in the Real game, I saw the game and it looked more like 4 chairs than Madrid defenders. He was good in the game, yes, credit, but he didn't do much apart from that. Real, Villarreal x2, rubbish.

LMAO @ this total nonsense. Leave this conversation because you know nothing about football if you thought he was crap in those games. Seriously, i think this is more about you being in the "ohhhh i like getting emotional and reacting like a baby any time darth_boy says something club" than Cesc. His champions league form more than anything is the reason why he even got a game for spain. stop lying.

best looking football? Arsenal have scored less goals than Chelsea, MU in 2005/06 and looked pretty clueless till Adebayor came in in January.. do you go to a pub where they screen repeats of Arsenal 2003/04 to get more customers every week or something? What is this 'best looking football' that Arsenal played? I'd say that Spurs were more entertaining than you for the major part of last season. Chelsea were boring me, I agree -- Arsenal were perhaps more entertaining than them at times.. but Arsenal hardly gained a stronghold on that thing till Eboue found his boots[Jan 30~, African Nations Cup end] and Adebayor came in[around the same time].

LOL more trash to prove you dont watch Arsenal.
    Its a fact we are the most entertaning, i dont care who scored what. Chelsea play BORING football. LOL @ you disagreeing with this.
    Also a big fat lol @ thinking Adebayor changed our season aaahahahahaha. If anything he made it harder to get 4th, because of the chances he missed against Portsmouth.
    I like Ade, he adds to the team, but he didnt change anything. lol @ Spurs being more entertaining. Alot of my mates are Yids, and they admit that they were lucky to win 5 or 6 games to how awful they were.
    Also LMAO @ you thinking Eboue had more to do with out form than Cesc. Eboue only replaced Lauren, who was not the one letting us down. Further, Eboue made great runs, that mostly resulted in NOTHING. Cesc was making key passes. Hleb came into form. Freddie finally found some form. Dennis made some nice cameos. Bobby found some form off the bench.

17. Kyp

Kyp Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    u mad?

dork edit: That wasn't necessary.

18. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    *yaaawn*

lol @ crying because someone had a different opinion to you.

19. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    There is a football thread people :p

20. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    This thread lost.

21. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Zidane lost.

22. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Give it up...d_b will never admit that we Yoruba run this soccer ****.

23. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001

why dont you go on MSN and pretend you are nigerian and how you were robbed out of a world cup place, so i can go on msn and mock you AS USYAL!

24. Mr_Mwindu

Mr_Mwindu Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2002
    geez isnt this a world cup thread?!

and matterazi has denied insulting zidane's mother at least...

http://www.football365.com/news/story_188477.shtml

25. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    :_|:_|:_|

klinsmann won't stay our coach!!!!!!

how dare he!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.