main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *Official* 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Everton, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    The problem with saying that you don't rate Ramos highly, and that Capdevila can't defend to save his life, is that they've both been fixtures in defenses that have won the European Championships and the World Cup.

2. Jozy_Oguchi

Jozy_Oguchi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2010
    Ramos got caught sleeping(or just forward?) a few times in the semifinals but he's far from a liability. Especially with the way his team possess the ball.

3. World_Cup_Wally

World_Cup_Wally Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2010
    Glen Johnson...now there's a right back who likes to get forward but who is a defensive liability.

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I usually dislike Ramos but come on, he's had a nigh perfect World Cup.

5. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    it's just conditioned into most of us that Ramos is ****. i think it's a combination of him being a part of the lol defence of Real Madrid and a burning jealousy of his overall prettiness.

6. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    They are also the fixtures in the defenses that has conceded the fewest goals of any World Champions in history. I suppose that probably has more to do with the way that Spain as a whole play the way the do but there it is.

7. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Oh I recognise they have a good system and it works wonders, but whenever I watch Spain I'm just sat there baffled as to why the hell the opposition don't exploit the flanks more often. Ramos is usually out of position and halfway up the pitch and Capdevilla doesn't look comfortable going into the tackle. I do wonder how much they rely on Casillas, Puyol and Pique for their clean sheets.

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    [image=http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/7d405ef5-94dc-4a05-97a9-1a0b5a9465f6.jpg]

9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  10. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    And yet it's still 100x better than any design I've seen for the 2012 London Olympics.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.