*The Official 4th Meeting Planning thread*

Discussion in 'Lincoln, NE' started by Jedi_Liz, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    This is the *Official* 4th meeting planning thread.

At our next meeting, we need to discuss:

-Getting T-shirts done (lets try to figure out different designs, the one we were going to do is no blah, now that I have seen Omaha's)

-A possible joint event with Omaha. I have talked to their City Rep a few times this past weekend and we may possibly do something together as a group

-If we don't have an age limit, then we must have a waiver form. And, members that are under 13 would not be able to participate in board activities, unless a sibling or parent signs up for them.

Any other ideas? And, please, let's actually have a serious discussion about this. No acting goofy here, this is a serious planning thread. We have not had a meeting in 2 months.

(Bobafemme and other moderators/managers, do not lock this. The other thread flopped and anyway, that member moved away.)
  2. Obi-Wan's Apparition Force Ghost

star 5
    I was waiting for this! :D We are desperate for another meeting.

Along with the things that Liz mentioned, we should also discuss seeing the movie together (unless we do that before or after the meeting). We should also discuss the banner.

Thanks Liz! :)
  3. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    something to add:

I'm talking to paperclip_x, the Omaha city rep, via Yahoo, and he has invited us to their July meeting. Its a cookout at a public park in Omaha. Lets try to get our next meeting planned so we can see if we could attend.

EDIT: Date would be July 20th or 21st
  4. Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Master

star 4
    A cook-out with OFF would be fun :)
  5. Rogue_Angel Jedi Knight

star 1
    oh yes a cook out sounds great
  6. Obi-Wan's Apparition Force Ghost

star 5
    I think a cook out sounds excellent! That way we would be able to get to know other Nebraskans!
  7. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    this next meeting is very *important*.

As compared to the other Fan Force clubs, we have fallen *way* behind. Most other Fan Force groups meet once a month. We have *not* met since April.

When is everyone free in the next three weeks before that proposed Cook Out?

I am not free on tuesdays and thursdays, and this weekend will not work since my niece and nephew are coming to stay and I will be helping to babysit them.

Please give an idea of dates that will work for you and lets try to figure out a place to meet. I want to try to have a set place to meet for now on.

8. Obi-Wan's Apparition Force Ghost

star 5
    Do weekends work for anyone else? I could go on weekdays... but it might be a hassle. If on a weekday, I know I couldn't go if it was before 3-ish.
    I really don't know where we could hold this meeting. [face_plain]
  9. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    mmmmm cookout. Those are always good. :)
  10. Obi-Wan's Apparition Force Ghost

star 5
    I love cookouts! What fun... :)

If that event could possibly be on the 20th, we should be having this meeting pretty soon.
  11. Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Master

star 4
    The dates for the cookout don't work for me :( I won't be available from the 19th through the beginning of August.

Before that, I'm free mostly. I don't do much :)
  12. Obi-Wan's Apparition Force Ghost

star 5
    Would everyone be free on Sunday the 14th? I don't know where we could have it, if we are talking about a permanent place. :( We should probably meet in another temporary place (such as the food court) one more time. Then at this meeting we could discuss a better place for the next one, because I really cannot think of anywhere. :(
  13. Warmaster_TsavongLah Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ashley you are NEVER available hehe j/k. Thought i'd stop by and say hi from orange county, IT IS GREAT here. As usual nice talkin byebye.
  14. Obi-Wan's Apparition Force Ghost

star 5
    It's going to be weird having a meeting without you, Josh.
  15. Warmaster_TsavongLah Jedi Knight

star 1
  16. Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Master

star 4
    weird... or quiet :p

yeah, happy 4th to you too Josh

I think I'm free the 14th. I don't see why we need a permanent place. That could get really old - we could just do something different for every meeting :)
  17. Obi-Wan's Apparition Force Ghost

star 5
    Other FFs don't have permanent places, do they?
  18. Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Master

star 4
    The ones I'm familiar with don't (but then, that's like 2 besides us, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything ;))
  19. Obi-Wan's Apparition Force Ghost

star 5
    Um, do we agree on the date then? Has Liz answered? ?[face_plain] Now we need a time and a place.
  20. Obi-Wan's Apparition Force Ghost

star 5
  21. Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Master

star 4
    The date is fine with me, as far as I know :)
  22. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    :::city rep sneaks in after a long break:::

I don't really want a regular meeting.....would anyone like to just meet at East Park to see Men in Black 2? (Star Wars in not there anymore), and [EDIT/Added] NOW its down to ONE location!)

::::sneaks out again::::
  23. Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Master

star 4
    No thanks, I'm not interested in seeing MiB. But don't let that stop the rest of you ;)
  24. Obi-Wan's Apparition Force Ghost

star 5
    :eek: It's only at one place?!?! Where? (I don't get the paper anymore. [face_plain] )
  25. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    Arwen! It has the TWO TOWERS teaser trailer before it! Don't *you* want to see *that*? ;)

I'm too busy to go anywhere on Sunday, anyway......unless we decide on a time and a place, we might as well postpone the meeting again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.