main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official A.C. Crispin Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    A.C. Crispin is author of a Han Solo trilogy of novels. Ann has also written a number of Star Wars short stories, has written novels in the Star Trek and V universes, and has written many original fantasy novels.

Jedi Council Forums Username: accrispin

Discuss Ann's novels and aspects of his writing in this thread. You never know, Ann might drop by from time to time!

2. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    Hi Ms. Crispen!!!

What's on the horizon for your publishing schedule? Anything you'd like to tell us about and/or recommend to us?

As always, I think any return by you to the SW EU would be a DEFINITE PLUS!!! Your SW EU work product always shows that you "lived and breathed in the Star Wars Universe!"

Best!

Ana V

3. Bossk_BountyHunter

Bossk_BountyHunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 3, 2002
    Young Han Solo trilogy was pretty good for pre-ANH material.

I like the ideas she presented for Han and Lando's falling out and how Han dropped his shipment of spice.

4. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I agree, Ana. ACC would definetly be a welcome addition to the EU, and specifically the NJO. I absolutely loved The Han Solo Trilogy and since then Ive wished that Ms Crispin would return to write another SW book.

So, will our wish come true, or what ... ? ;)

5. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Ms. Crispin expressed interest in another thread in writing Princess Leia's backstory...let's hope Del Rey lets her!

6. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, I woudl love to know Leia's backstory. Very little is known about her except she was a Princess of Alderaan and was involved in politics VERY young. I think her story would be absolutely fascinating, and kinda like the exact opposite of Han's.

And also, I love Ann Crispin's work, wish she had written more. Thrilled that she posts on this forum! :)

7. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Yes, I was also about to mention AC Crispin's proposal... that would be awesome if that got greenlighted!

8. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I've read all of Ms. Crispin's published SW work, and I thoroughly enjoyed it all (who would've thunk? ;)). :)

I really hope that she does get a chance to write in the EU in the future as I know there are tons of fans of her work. :)

~*~Bria

9. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    I'm a big fan of her Han Solo trilogy. Those three books are the best in the entire SW series - and to think I almost decided not to get them as I wasn't sure if I wanted to know Han's backstory. Glad I did! I'm also hoping that Ann will return to write the Leia Organa trilogy.

10. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    Originally I thought it would be stupid to develop a just-about-Han backstory. But holy cow, did I ever change my mind in a hurry!

I must say that the Han Solo trilogy was one of the most entertaining books I've ever read. I loved the first showing of everyone's favorite sarcastic smuggler, the development of the Lando/Han friendship and eventual arguement, Bria Tharen and Han's buddies....overall a great story.

I sincerely hope that ACC is allowed to re-enter the Star Wars fold again! excal

11. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    I would have enjoyed the HST even if they were not Star Wars books. I thought that they were very well-written and entertaining. I hope that Ann does Leia's backstory too, that would be fantastic.

12. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    I read the Hutt Gambit before I read any other Star Wars book or even saw the movies and I LOVED it. It and Star by Star are my favourite SW books ever.
    but Godzilla (the old one!) is on Space Channel now... so I must cut this post short.

13. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Scuze the spelling, it's rather late here :p
    Aside from Han callin Bria 'babe' and the Hutt sex change thing (but really, I'd hate to think of how else those things would mate, and aren't some worms asexual?) I thouroughly enjoyed those books. They were written competently and tied all the other backstories to him superbly while not totally giving away his childhood (like the whole Solo business). I absolutely adored how she brought us right up to ANH (although after just losing Bria, he seemed to develope a coy interest in Leia fairly quickly no?).
    This being said, I would buy a Leia backstory from her in a heartbeat. But if I were her, I would really wait until Ep III comes out before attempting it so as to not cross wires unneccesarily(sp).
    I heard she posts here occasionally, so I really hope I didn't come off as arrogant or stupid or whatnot.

14. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    A Leia backstory would be cool, but given her talent to tie so many threads together, I'd love to see her tackle a Prequel character, perhaps Padme.

Either way, I've always loved Ann's writing and would love to see her back in SWU.

15. Doo-Kimmie

Doo-Kimmie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Ms. Crispin,
    Why Bria? Why such a blatant attempt to undermine the relationship between Han Solo and Princess Leia?

16. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    How does it undermine it? Did you want Han to be a celebate monk until his early 30s?

17. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

Of course they do. In thier little closed minded bubble Han never found a single woman attractive in the 30 some odd years before he met Leia. Bria, my friend, was a godsend, giving Han a motivation to be so turned off to the opposite sex and bicker with Leia in ANH. Bria complements Han and Leia's relationship... the two loves of his life begin to parrallel in order to show what made one relationship fail and another suceed.

18. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Speak for yourself ParanoidAni-droid. :) I'm a loyal Han and Leia fan and I never once believed that Han was celebate before meeting Leia. At his age and leading the life that he did that would be totally unrealistic.

I loved the HST and reading Han's backstory. It was a fun and entertaining read and I thought Ms. Crispin did a wonderful job of tying in all the bits and pieces of Han's life that we had learned in other books. I'd like very much for her to do Leia's backstory as well.

19. accrispin

accrispin Author of the Han Solo Trilogy star 1 VIP

Jul 11, 1998
    Thank you, Gatherer, for giving me my own topic here.

:)

I'm currently working on a Star Trek trilogy and a fantasy trilogy. No Star Wars at the moment. We'll see what the future holds in that regard.

Best,

-Ann C. Crispin

20. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
  21. Yoda_the_Funky1

Yoda_the_Funky1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    A.C. Crispen 0wnz. My fav. books out of all the SW books out there is the Han Solo Trilogy. Nice work.
    And with the prequels, it makes reading them all the more enjoyable.

22. marvelfett

marvelfett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
    In another post Miss Crispin said that in the harback version of the Han solo Trillogy (put out by sci-fi book club) there is a big error in the printing. Does anyone know what the error is?

23. accrispin

accrispin Author of the Han Solo Trilogy star 1 VIP

Jul 11, 1998
    For some reason the Science Fiction Book Club people left the epilogue out from the end of The Hutt Gambit in their version.

That's a fairly important epilogue, since it introduces the situation in Rebel Dawn. I told them about it, but they said there was nothing they could do to fix it.

-Ann C. Crispin

24. marvelfett

marvelfett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
    Thanks for your response. I guess I shouldn't have been so hasty to trade my paperbacks in to the used bookstore once I got the Hardcover. Do you know if this is a common mistake in other Sci-Fi bookclub Star Wars books?

25. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Ms. Crispin,

I noticed in your bio at the Shore Leave Con Website that you have been involved in workshops, teaching, etc. in places around the Baltimore, MD area. Do you live in/near Baltimore and also would you be interested in checking out what our Charm City FanForce is up to lately?

I have the link to our City Forum in my sig.

Thanks!

Ian
    (I've also talked to you once or twice in the alt.fan.starwars newsgroup I think, but that was awhile ago)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.