main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Abel G. Pena Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 13, 2005.

1. Halagad_Ventor

Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer star 4 VIP

Jul 3, 2001
    Hey folks. Just a quick update to let you know this reddit AMA is about to go off in about 5 minutes here: http://redd.it/1uqc2b

Both is just fine, dlot.

2. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Abel, you wrote a novelette for LFL that hasn't seen the light of day? The world is unjust! :_|

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I still don't know what reddit is, so I haven't participated. Made for an interesting read though.

Halagad_Ventor likes this.
  4. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Hey Abel. I noticed in your AMA that you mentioned looking forward to resurrecting Vongerella as soon as possible. Is this a hint that Vader's Legacy might see a revival in the Star Wars Blog or more of a general statement?

5. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Indeed it is, indeed it is.

Barriss_Coffee and Plaristes like this.
  6. Halagad_Ventor

Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer star 4 VIP

Jul 3, 2001
    It's unfortunate, I'll give you that. But if there's one rule that's tended to be true of my Star Wars work, it is that it always tends to be see the light of day ... sometimes it just takes an additional 5-10 years.

Thanks for stopping by, GAJ. It's greatly appreciated!

What, you mean perfectly-worded opacity is not enough?

Vongerella years to live a little, so I'm seeing what I kind do. Patience for now, Paxis.

Take care,
    Abel

Tython Awakening and Gorefiend like this.
  7. R4-D4

R4-D4 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 6, 2003
    Halagad_Ventor, what are you doing these days? What you think of the new canon? What’s your take on the One Canon thread?

Golbolco and Tython Awakening like this.
  8. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Abel will you ever return?

9. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Looking over some of Abel's past articles, it really is impressive how influential he was and is on the EU. His articles did so much for minor villains and backstory characters in particular - people like Adas and Xendor went from random scary-sounding names to fully-realized historical figures, and other writers built them up further from there. His articles gave us all the Grand Admirals, all the Emperor's Hands, backstories for characters from largely-forgotten sources like the newspaper strip and kriffin' Teras Kasi...

So thanks so much, Abel, if you still read this. Would love to see a release of Vader's Legacy and Aliens in the Empire Part 3 one day; you'll for sure have an audience of at least one!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
  10. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    At least 2 with me