main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** The Official*** Across the Stars MTV video- what's the verdict?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by SamuraiYoda, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamuraiYoda

SamuraiYoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    Is it going to air on the 16th or not? I've not heard an official announcement as of yet...so is it or isn't it going to show? If so, what time?

2. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Is there one? Surely, it'd come out about now if they was? :)

3. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    In America, it's meant to show up on MTV on April 16, that must Tuesday there, I think. So it might show up on Channel V, Music Max or Video Hits in Australia at the same time. ;)

Last week, we were told that the music video would appear on Video Hits on Sunday morning on Channel 10 but it turned out to be a sick lie. Just what we needed. :mad:

It may show up at the Official Site or at the Sony Sountrack site. Either way, we'll probably need someone to mirror it. I have very fond memories of when we discovered that couldn't download the trailers directly from the OS. GRRR! :mad:

Hopefully, it turns out well with this one. It'll go for 5 minutes 33... I just wish I had Broadband. ;) :p

4. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    Does anyone know if Muchmusic in Canada will be airing it?

5. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    I would think so, Muchmusic is alot better than MTV anyway. What time are they gonna show it on MTV anyway.

6. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I thought it was confirmed it would be on the 16th...I never heard anything of it being on Sunday...

7. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Will this music video(whenever it comes out) feature any new footage? Anybody know?

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!

8. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I imagine it will, Windy.

9. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm thinking on MTV it will premiere on TRL(Total Request Live) tomorrow afternoon; the reason being is because that program premiered the Duel Of The Fates music video back in 1999; they also premiered the teaser trailer for Attack Of The Clones back in November. I am going to check out TRL tomorrow afternoon and record that sucker. Can't wait to see and hear it!

10. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    From what I've heard, it's supposed to have at least a little bit of new stuff. (So that means while I'm looking forward to the video, part of me wonders if the vid's not going to show something I'd consider spoilery. I've gotten completely paranoid. ;))

On MTV I imagine they'll be showing it during the teenage drool-fest they call TRL, which I think runs from about 2:30 to 4 pm central-- it's what they did with the "Breathing" trailer, anyway. From what I understand VH1 is more likely to play it more often, but they just tend not to announce when very much in advance. [face_plain]

(edit: bah, you beat me to it, Tyranus. ;))

11. jayme_

jayme_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    I heard it has new footage. I watched TRL today and there was no mention of it premeiring tomorrow. :(

12. SamuraiYoda

SamuraiYoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    Guys, its the same deal as the Duel of the Fates video. It will show new footage, behind the scenes stuff, while playing ATS in the foreground.

On many ads, it says April 16th, which would be tomorrow.

My concern was the fact that Lucasfilm hasn't made any big announcements about it yet, so maybe I was thinking it is postponed or something.

I hope not.

13. Dayda_Amidala

Dayda_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    TRL airs from 3:30-5:00 on the east and west coasts.

14. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I couldn't find any information about it on MTV.com, and I haven't heard anything about it.

I really don't want to miss it if it comes on.

15. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I'm sure it'll be available for download immediately after it airs. If nothing else, some fanboy will tape his TV screen and put the video up on KaZaA.

16. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I am very suprised that nothing official has been mentioned. I remember when Duel of the Fates aired, everyone knew it. Heck VH1 showed it non-stop for 30 minutes.

17. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    It's just another symptom of the low-hype marketing approach that's being given to AotC, and I like it.

18. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    I'm still debating whether to watch it. I haven't heard Across the Stars & I'm not sure if I want to before the movie comes out. What to do.. what to do?

19. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I HAVE heard ATS, and I'm damned if I'm going to miss it. :) As long as it hits the net quick smart, I'm happy. I live in Australia, and don't have pay TV, so the chances of me seeing the entire clip on TV are so small they don't bear thinking about. Sigh. Thank god for the internet.

20. starkillah

starkillah Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    Yes..I too am pleased that they aren't hyping this movie like TPM. Around this time in 99, before the release of TPM, it was overkill. Literally everywhere! But now it seems George is going back to the OT strategy. If you are a true SW fan, then you will know about the music video and other release info from Lucasfilm. The general public wouldn't know anything, unless people heard from word of mouth. And positive word of mouth from people is actually better IMO than any advertising.

21. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
  22. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    I think for you folks in the NYC area or anyone that has MTV for that matter, that it'll definitely premiere on TRL, but continue to play on VH1, being as they're both owned by Viacom.

23. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I find it odd that there's been no mention of it on MTV, VHI, mtv.com, or vh1.com. I just hope it's because they're keeping it as a surpise, not because they're not showing it.

24. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    There's no mention on the Muchmusic site either. Maybe it will be on MuchMoreMusic?

25. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Okay, TRL (AKA Satan's second coming) is on around 4pm eastern right? I never in a million years would pay extra for MTV, moreover I would never watch MTV were it free, so I will be looking for the ATS video on VH1. Will the two networks be airing it simultaniously?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.