main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** The Official*** Across the Stars MTV video- what's the verdict?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by SamuraiYoda, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C_3PO

C_3PO Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2001
    I can't belive I wasted an hour watching a bunch of irritating preteens screaming like ring wraiths. "Oh my god, I requested Britney Spears cuz i'm a little dork! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" <shudder> I'm down for dropping a bomb on them. Or maybe we can rig an old warehouse with nuclear weapons and say the backstreet boys are playing in there and we can wipe out a whole race of annoyants! I wonder if annoyants is a word. Oh well, it is now.

Don't do that again. The next person who makes me scroll sideways will be banned.

2. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Well, needless to say, I'm disappointed. But, luckily, I found out about it before it happened in this time zone. There's a definite advantage to being a West-Coaster. When it DOES show, I'll know about it 3 hours beforehand. I won't have to waste any of my time watching TRL.

3. jayme_

jayme_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    Oh, quit your bitchin'. Now, it won't premiere anytime this week. I watch TRL (Yes, I watch TRL. Just for new videos and news though) and during the episodes on Thursday and Friday they announce guests and premieres for the next week. So I actually saw this coming last Thursday. We'll have to wait till Thursday to see if they mention it premiering next week.

4. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    "TRL is 1 1/2 hours only during the summer."

"Why do you know that?" - Conan O'Brian

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!

5. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    I'm not sure if this is good or bad. I set up a tape for TRL today, but forgot to change my vcr for daylight savings time, so the tape missed the show by an hour. I decided that if it had taped I wasn't going to watch it until after the movie... so now I'm glad I have a chance to tape it, but I'm also paranoid that I will give in and watch it before the movie comes out.

On a side note, I also thought it was 1 1/2 hours. Had no clue that it was only that long in the summer. [face_plain] Even if it was a 30 minute show, it'd be too long.

6. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Windy, "I hate you so very, very much." (General Cartman Lee)

;)

7. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    The show was 1 1/2 hours today. This whole ordeal sucked donkey d*ck. Now, it's rumored it'll be Friday when the video comes on. That sucks cause I'll be in class. I waited to only tape the video, not the crap that sandwiches it. 8-}

8. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey, on Entertainment Tonight they said tomorrow they're going to show a new scene (I think it was the one showed in the Austrailian footage available for download, won't go into details to protect those that didn't download it).

And, they're gonna show some editing stuff and they showed John Williams conducting with Across the Stars in the background.

9. SamuraiYoda

SamuraiYoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    Sorry I got everyone thinking that the video would air today.

But it isn't my fault, and I suffered through TRL like everyone else so...heh, I apologize.

But hopefully, it will hit soon.

10. Darth_Darren

Darth_Darren Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2002
    I hate TRL. And USA Today, now.

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    SamuraiYoda, it isn't your fault at all. We were all basing our hope on the USA Today article. But, tomorrow be sure you catch Enteretainment Tonight.

12. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Edit - Thanks, Mogook. :)

Alright, so everyone had to endure an episode of TRL for nothing. But, the upside...

From TF.N:

Previews of Music Video on E.T.

Previews of Music Video on E.T.
    Wed, Apr 17, 02 12:04:13 AM EDT

Jarbacca chimes in:

I was just watching entertainment tonight and they said that tomorrow, April 17th, they will have a story on the AOTC music video. They showed some of the never-before scenes (it was of obi wan climbing into the speeder, and he said "what took you so long?")and hopefully they will tell us when to expect the full video for "across the stars."

This looks to be a preview of the music video that was anticipated today. We've also had reports that the video will make its debut on Friday. Stay tuned. Thanks to everyone else who wrote in.

13. SamuraiYoda

Mar 19, 2002
    So, I guess we get redemption after all.

On E.T. we will get to see some stuff about the music and the video, and hopefully a video release date.

I'd like a mod to rename this "The Official E.T. Video Segment Thread" or something.
    ;)

If not, it's okie day. Anyway...5 more hours until E.T. on the east coast.

14. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Thank you all very, VERY much! I have been looking for this info for a while.

15. SamuraiYoda

Mar 19, 2002
    Tuesday.

Next Tuesday, at 4m, we will see the video on TRL.

This time, we are SURE of the date, time, and show.

Thank God.

And that clip from E.T...way to go, Lucas. It looked spectacular.

16. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Yes. Very excited! :D

17. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I can't wait. I guess we'll be back in here next week counting down the minutes.

18. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Haha, yes, yes. I'm sure we will be.

Ah, "what a sad commentary in our times."

19. SamuraiYoda

Mar 19, 2002
    "SamuraiYoda, if you have objects with me making your thread 'Official' then let me know, but as of now this and the 'officialy released info' thread will be the only places in the NSA where you'll be able to discuss the new video."

That's fine...I started this to alert everyone of the video, because no one was really talking about it, and I figured most people had forgotten it. But yeah go ahead and do whatever...it's not really my decision.
    ;)

20. SamuraiYoda

Mar 19, 2002
    Just a reminder that the video will air in just 2 days...I'd say this video will get us more hyped than even the trailers. I know the Duel of the Fates video hyped me up more than the Episode I trailer and that says a lot.

21. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I hope it shows action scenes along with the love story.

22. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    From the OS:

"Across the Stars" Music Video to Debut

April 23 is already a big day for Star Wars fans, but you'll want to make sure you've completed your store run early. The new music video for the Episode II soundtrack song "Across the Stars" by composer John Williams will make its debut on MTV on Tuesday at 4 p.m. EST. The video, which includes new footage from Attack of the Clones, will also make its online debut here on starwars.com on Tuesday.

Looks like we are going to have to suffer through TRL again.

23. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    Speak for yourself! I'll just download it from SW.com. I don't get MTV anyway. ;)

24. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I'll just bootleg it or something. [face_laugh]

Don't think I've ever seen you around these parts before, Nate.

25. Padawan-kirky

Padawan-kirky Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    it the best im listening to across the stars now its sooo moving and beautiful its by far one of the best themes yet!u can just picture it between Anakin and Padme!~Awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.