main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** The Official*** Across the Stars MTV video- what's the verdict?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by SamuraiYoda, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    ...god i cant wait...im off tommorow i think ill stay up all nite and then set my alarmm to wake me up at 3 55 p.m. and that way the time will go by shorter...

...spoken like a true crazyass star wars fanatic huh?...

2. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Kirky! I'm listening to ATS right now as well!! And since I don't get MTV, I'll be off to starwars.com to download the video ASAP.

3. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Well today is the day. I guess i will watch TRL for the second time in two weeks. I have my tape and VCR all ready to tape it.

I think that this video is gonna be boss. I am hoping to see some new footage but i also fear seeing new footage. After seeing this video and i am not gonna intentionally watch anything new. I have only seen 2 of the commercials and i am gonna leave it at that.

Well 6hrs till 4pm EST

4. SamuraiYoda

SamuraiYoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    I just picked up the soundtrack and Across the Stars is listed as (2) Love theme from Attack of the Clones.

Weird.

Anyhow, only a few more hours until the video...

5. Soothsayer

Sep 20, 1999
    I feel confident that this video will be very cool. So here is what i am proposing we all do.

After seeing the video on TRL we should all vote for it to be on the following days shows as one of the top 10. I remember this happend with Duel of the Fates and if memory serves me it got up to #6. I think ATS is better than DotF and we should strive for a top 5.

What do you all think?

6. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I'll definatly be voting for it every day.

Maybe we can get it in the top 5.

7. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    ...good idea...how do we vote..i want to vote now before ive even seen or heard it...

...i am fanatic...

8. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I don't think we can request it yet. I'll find a link and post it here.

Only 45 mins left!

9. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    Anyone know if the video will be played on Muchmusic in Canada? Times?? Thanks! :D

10. Soothsayer

Sep 20, 1999
    I am not sure how to vote either since i never watch the show. Hopefully all JC members will vote and they can tell there friends to vote on other boards and so on and so on.

Show starts in 10 minutes.

See you after it airs.

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Here's the link to MTV.com where you can vote for your favorite video. Scroll down to the bottom, click other, and type in the video info. By tomorrow I'd expect ATS to be a choice. But for now, we'll have to manually put it in.

12. JohnnyboyVT

JohnnyboyVT Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2002
    TRL, just mentioned it will be aired, so stay tuned...

13. JediBeowulf

JediBeowulf Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2001
    That was GREAT!

I loved that banter with Obi-wan and that guy in the bar...he he he..."You WILL go home and contemplate the meaning of your life".

14. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    JUST SAW IT

It is....incredible.

It didn't spoil me at all, with the exception (MILD SPOILER) of the beginning scene with Obi-Wan, which was hilarious.(/MILD SPOILER)

It really gave you a feel of the movie, and now I'm excited as ever to see it :)

15. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Aside from the hilarious first scene where Obi-Wan pulls the old mind trick on Elan Sleazebaggano, the video was somewhat dissapointing. Not only did most of it consist of trailer footage, but "Across the Stars" wasn't played in full. It was an often confusing mix of cues from the film. Having said that, it's still an exciting, powerful video. But it could've been much better, and it falls short of the "Duel of the Fates" video.

16. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    Will there be an encoded quicktime available today?

17. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    That's what I liked, NO SPOILERS :)

18. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Very cool. I would have liked to see more new stuff, but hey, I'm a Star Wars glutton. Even the movie won't fill my hunger.

19. Soothsayer

Sep 20, 1999
    I agree with Son of the Suns. I think the video was very good, but i think i would have liked it better if they would have just played ATS. That song in my opinion is one of the best Star Wars songs ever done.

I will still vote for it for TRL though.

May 16 come on and get here

20. Tedakin_Skywalker

Tedakin_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2002
    I agree nothing worth the excitement. Only 1 or 2 new things. I guess you all noticed the added effect in the trailer shot with the ships landing? The Jedi lightsabers are now ignited.

21. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Two other "newer" shots are:

More droids getting blown up.

"Angry Anakin" scene from FL trailer is extended a bit.

22. BizAOK

BizAOK Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    When do you think the music video will be up on the internet? After its had a chance to be seen by ALL people in the US? If I recall, "Clone Wars" trailer was released before west coast people had to wait to see it on Fox TV.
    Still not on the official site....

23. jayme_

jayme_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    I thought the video was nice, but I was dissapointed at the lack of new footage. But oh well, more to see in the movie! I was also trying to figure out what was happening in the scene where Anakin, with sabre ignited, jumped on a bed and swung at something. I kept rewinding it but it just looks like he swung at air.

Jaime

24. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I seriously encourage all of us to vote for it to play on TRL as often as we can. Personally, I haven't seen it. I just want to spite the people who are watching TRL.... [face_mischief]

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!

25. Bucky

Bucky Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    You can wtach the video at the offical site.

Very cool.

Bucky...out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.