main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** The Official*** Across the Stars MTV video- what's the verdict?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by SamuraiYoda, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    I thought thwe beginning rocked! Also glad there not too much new footage.

2. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    "Yes, I noticed that about the Love Theme. Why is it being called Across the
    Stars, then? Where did that come from?"

It's one of these two: A) It was the name of the video mix all along and LFL and Sony Classical's marketing people goofed and called it the name of the love theme for some time. B) It was the name of the theme at first, but JW decided to just use the name for the video mix.

3. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    I didn't like the video very much - mainly because I was expecting the Love Theme from the soundtrack - which I've been listening to constantly for weeks now. :p The music int he video is a mixture of the Main Theme, the love theme and some other bits thrown in, I think.

Plus seeing mostly the same footage from the trailers, which I've also seen over and over again for a while, was weird because of the way some of the footage was re-worked.

I'll have to watch it a few times to get used to it.

4. Bjorn75

Bjorn75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2001
    I've seen it two or three times now, and here is my (perhaps I should say 'initial'?) verdict:

It's not bad, but it is in no way shape or form a new "Duel of the fates" music video. I watched the old one from -99 for comparison and there is clearly a difference in ambition between the two.

I'd go in details, but suffice to say that my expectations for (and faith in) AOTC is sky-high, but mostly because the superb trailers, not because of the on-par "Across the Stars".

PS. Yes, the DeathStick exchange is Obi-Wan at his finest. It echoed of the "who's the more foolish" line. :)

5. Tedakin_Skywalker

Tedakin_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2002
    Another interesting point about the title of the track is this.. Sure it's called the Love Theme but when I put the disc in my CD Rom and listen to it the tracklisting comes up on realplayer and it's listed as Across the Stars... Damn you Sony and your song title trickery. Riddles I tells ya.

6. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I think Across the Stars is the name of the single that will be (or was) released separately from the soundtrack.

7. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    jamesdrax (and anyone else who's interested), NataliePortman.com has a mirror in .MOV form. It can be found here. Enjoy! :)

8. SamuraiYoda

SamuraiYoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    I'm totally glad the new video wasnt as good as Duel of the Fates because it didnt hardly show anything new which is good.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>It's very George to figure out a way to discourage kids from smoking<<

somehow i think deathsticks are a little stronger than a cigarette;;D

10. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    You can learn more about deathsticks from Holonetnews.com, in the past issues. (WARNING: If you're completely avoiding *official* info, then holonetnews.com is not for you)

11. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Did anyone else notice how Obi's line, "Be mindful of your thoughts,Anakin, they betray you," mirrors Luke's line in ROTJ "Your thoughts betray you, father."?

I love the parallelism GL is using. :)

12. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    I love the video. Just check the sig. ;)

13. jedi-jeff

jedi-jeff Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 2, 2000
    I was impressed with the Across the Stars music. I am amazed how John Williams still puts out great music after so many films.

14. 5darth2maul1

5darth2maul1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I personally didn't really like the video.
    The music was all chopped up, hardly any new stuff (although the death sticks scene was great), and it was basically just an extension of the trailers...This is just my opinion however...

5D2M1

15. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    True, there wasn't much new stuff. But the new scene and the extensions of previously seen scenes were great. And, it's good to have everything in one place instead of having to go through the multiple trailers.

16. 5darth2maul1

5darth2maul1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    That's a good point, I no longer have to watch 4 trailers to see everything, I have it all in one handy little music video. :)

5D2M1

17. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I was a bit diasapointed with the video. The music was great, but there was hardly anything new footage-wise. Not including the death sticks (great scene!) and not including the extended trailer shots, there were only about 2 or three totaly new bits. Oh well. The extended footage fromt he trailers was cool. I loved the bit with the guy riding on the flying whale thing, they look so cool, and the bit with the gunships strafing battledroids and those wheely things looked awesome as well.

As for having all the good trailer stuff in one easy package, I prefer my trailers. They're higer resolution. :D Fullscreen is goooood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.