main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo The Official Activity Idea thread--Seeking Ideas!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarthIshtar, Jul 5, 2005.

1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Here's an opportunity to throw out ideas in general. You can assign them to months (i.e. December: dress our Vader action figures like Santa and set them on fire) or just in general (i.e. "Wild Wookiee Jello Night"). This is to keep it out of the "Hey, um, it's May, what are we going to do?" We can vote/veto, etc. here.

2. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    So far, we have a proposal to do Summer Birthdays/Bad Poetry Night in July.

I propose (always with refreshments included):
    Utah Fanforces Trivia Challenge (Invite those crazy people in SLC to come down and have a gruelling game of SW Trivial Pursuit.)
    Fanfilm night (watching them or making impromptu one)
    Impromptu SW skit night.
    Recreation of the Battle of Endor using water balloons. (Tall people will be assigned to the Ewok team.)

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay, we have a suggestion from the Salt Lake City Fanforce, who want to join us for September.

Maroldh would like to see if we can do a combined outdoor games activity. This is a pretty broad topic, so what sort of things could we do? Also, in September, jdavidchadwick is coming to Utah to visit and he wants to come to our Fanforce activity. He'll be going back to the Middle East just after that, so let's make it cool.

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    September idea: Costumed Mini-golf with the SLCFF.

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    JULY ACTIVITY

ACTIVITY: SW GAME NIGHT/BIRTHDAY PARTY
    Who: Y'ALL!
    When: Friday, 7 p.m. to whenever we decide to get a life!
    Where: Seratoma Park (will get confirmation from Dana)
    What: SW LIFE and "DARK SIDE" (aka "apostasy") and potluck b-day party.
    Cake by Ish
    Drinks and treats and whatever you want to eat by the rest of you!
    What to wear: Casual stuff. We won't be overly active.

P.S. If you have any other SW-related games, bring them if you like!

6. MiaTiska

MiaTiska Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    I suck at mini-golf, but hey it's fun, as long as people don't mind waiting for me to take my 5,000 putts. ;)

Ideas are slipping out of my grasp, will get back to you. Oh yeah I'm supposed to be working on that writing group thing too, huh... Doh.

-Mia

7. MiaTiska

Jul 22, 2005
    Since I think we're supposed to post ideas over here...

What about having a sort of SW/fannish 'garage sale'? I'm sure we all have tons of books, comics, knickknacks, pictures, etc., some of which we may not want anymore. What if we all brought the stuff we don't want anymore to see if anyone's interested in buying?

Or, we could simply have everyone bring their most impressive SW stuff and show it off to everyone. ;)

-Mia

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow, that is a wicked cool idea. Or we could have a SW drop-and-swap--we come with our coolest stuff and we can barter if we like.

9. MiaTiska

Jul 22, 2005
    Yup, bartering works too. As long as both parties think it's a fair trade...I know how devious some of you can be. *looks around suspiciously*

-Mia

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, come on, we all know lori-anne would steal my cookies as well as my prized possessions. ;) Now, one idea this might be is to do this in the September activity, which we were going to try and do with the SLC FF and with our visiting friend, jdavidchadwick. That way, the bartering options would be more fun, we could showcase what both groups have to offer, and it might be fun to do it with potluck stuff.

11. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Some notes. Who is lori-Anne? With me there is no e. 2nd I am no theif. Sneaky and cute maybe, but stealing? no. 3rd is it possible to post on these forums after I move out of the area? Since I know you guys, and not the other folks? Might I be an 'honorary' member of the Provo fanforce? I'll prob. still have UT residency... ::hope hope::

12. MiaTiska

Jul 22, 2005
    Of course you can still post! :)

You might get jealous of our awesome and l33t activities, though. ;)

And Ish, I like the idea of trying it with the SL FF. But didn't they already have an idea for the Sep. activity? *scratches head*

-Mia

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I talked to Mary, my evil twin in the SLC FF and she thinks that it's a good idea.

14. MiaTiska

Jul 22, 2005
    Cool!! We'll just have to figure out transporation, probably for us, since we're a smaller FanForce.

*sniff*

-Mia

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, I suggested that they come down here, since me and Dana came up to their activity in SLC. I don't know if it'll go over well, but you have a good point.

16. MiaTiska

Jul 22, 2005
    Well, and considering not even all of our active members may be able to come, we may only be taking up one or two people...

Well, as long as my suspicions are correct and I have my parents' van, I volunteer to drive. ;)

Edit: Ish, what are you doing on the boards at 6 in the morning???

-Mia

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    6 in the morning, doing things like packing, studying, etc. True about the number. We probably could have it up there with greater ease than them dragging themselves down here.

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I saw an interesting thing going on in SLC FF forums--they have certain months open for people to plan and host. I think this would cut down on the kind of misunderstanding we had recently and if there were a month where the activity didn't happen, we'd know who to tickle. So, should we try this?

19. MiaTiska

Jul 22, 2005
    I like that idea. My only reservation is if someone plans something that I happen to hate. ;)

-Mia

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, we can put it to a vote.

21. MiaTiska

Jul 22, 2005
    Should we create a poll?

-Mia

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, we should.

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    So, Ideas for November? Thanksgiving activity? I have a really fun family tradition making candy turkeys out of ginger snaps, chocolate frosting, candy corns, and hershey's kisses and we could do that, coupled with something else. I personally will be watching ROTS sometime during the month, but don't care if it is an activity. We could do something completely not-SW related, or like bowling and yelling about our victory in Huttese...

24. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Hello, just dropping in again from the nether regions of the galaxy (Northern Utah). I just wanted to ask if the Provo FF chapter has an official website or some kind of PR web page? I hope it's not inappropriate to ask in this thread, but I really didn't feel that it merited a new topic thread. Thanks. :)

Edited for spelling. *doh*

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    There is one, but it kinda hasn't been updated since the days of when I was a missionary.