main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Admiral Ackbar Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by AdmiralNick22 , Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Well, Sovv was the one who ordered Bel Iblis to not fire through the refugee ships. Kre'fey obeyed, but Bel Iblis ignored and fired into the oncoming craft.

Not an easy decision to make, but I agree that Sovv made a mistake and should of seen the bigger picture- defending 1 trillion New Republic citizens on Coruscant who were defenseless.

--Adm. Nick

2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Fey'lya actually directly ordered Sovv to fire through the refugee screen, and Sovv refused. Fey'lya then, I believe, removed Sovv from command, though that was forgotten in the chaos of the fall, and probably for the best.

As for SOM, I expect Ackbar will show up. It would be hard to show General Skywalker without showing him interacting with his superiors.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    As I thought. Sovv is an absolute fool and should be charged with treason and war crimes. And genocide. And collaboration with the enemy.

It's HIS fault Imperial Center was lost. :mad:

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I agree, Jello. Sovv was a fool at best.

He's not interesting. He's not sympathetic. He's a damned idiot that lost Coruscant to the scarheads.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I mean, if someone as useless and officious as Fey'yla sees sense, you don't have much of an excuse, right?

6. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Well, is it reallt Sovv's fault if it was merely a plot device. :p

Joking aside, I wish that they put Bel Iblis is command at Coruscant. Or Wedge. Both are commanders that probably would of given the Vong a much harder time. ;)

Of course, had Ackbar been there, he would of laid a trap for the Vong... :D

--Adm. Nick

7. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Daala would've been a better commander than Sovv-and I'm 100% serious when I say that, too.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, at least she would have tried to ram the kamikaze ships with her skull or something.

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    She would've fought, which was the crux right there.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It could've been Pellaeon... *shudder*

11. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Pellaeon: "All forces, retreat!"
    Sovv: "Uh, the Yuuzhan Vong fleet has not even arrived yet..."

:p

--Adm. Nick

12. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    hehehehe [face_devil] my fish loving friend. Perhaps i've spared this small thread the full might of the Yuuzhan Vong fleet. Perhaps I see Admiral Ackbar a true warrior and we all Yun Yammka blesses those that are true to the call. ;) [face_devil]

13. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Has Wedge ever lost a battle?

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I think he lost that simulated battle in Darksaber when he was on Yaveris, but I could be misremembering and he actually won. In fact, now that I think about it, I think he won.

15. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    He definitely beat Ackbar.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    That was one of my favorite scenes back in the day.

17. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Yeah, that was an awesome scence. It was the first time we see Wedge beat his military mentor in a simulation. When everyone realized that Wedge had the makings of a fleet commander. A truly great scence. And all the more impressive when you realize that it was him vs. a MC90.

jhc:

If it isn't my favorite scarhead. :)

If you try to attack the Ackbar Fan Club I will unleash the full fury of my fleets! :D I will totally go Ebaq Nine on you guys. :p

--Adm. Nick

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    So you'll win the day only to die in the end? :p

19. SwordoftheJedi

SwordoftheJedi Jedi Master star 5

Jan 7, 2005
    At least it would be a glorious end. A hero's death. One befitting of the Great Admiral Ackbar.

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Ackbar had a good life and a good death... although I wish he'd have killed Sovv before going. :)

21. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    I was actually reminded of this by another thread, but you know what I've long wanted to see? Ackbar's funeral. It's just such a tremendous event -- the state funeral of a colossal hero, one of the very first major state events after the reconquest of Coruscant. A marker of both grieving and victory. I'd just love to see a visual of that, of the rows and rows of the galaxy's top dignitaries. It's the kind of thing that would give us a great Essential Guide image somewhere. Maybe even a picture of Cal Omas, finally.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    And it should be underwater.

23. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Ackbar's body should just be floating around in a pool of water.

No, wait. A lazy river so it passes by all the guests without the need for a line at the casket.

24. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Hey, did you guys ever notice that Barack Obama's first name is an anagram of Ackbar? if you switch the first three letters to the end, it's Ackbar.

=D=

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    IT'S A CONSPIRACY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.