main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Ahsoka in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by G-FETT, Feb 15, 2008.

1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Me too

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Eh...I guess I'm at O16. I don't hate her, but she had some really Sue moments that could've been toned down or "Shut up, Snips, we're doing it my way this time." I actually like Ahsoka but sometimes the I'm-always-right thing gets too much.

Valairy Scot and podjazd like this.
  3. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I miss her pre-mid season three days. She shouldn't rival Anakin for the Chosen One title.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    QFT.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    QFT'ing the QFT.

6. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I actually think the shift in Ahsoka's character into Mary Ahsueka began in season 4. I especially recall noting how she's being all sagely to that dumb Mon Calamari prince when not too long ago she didn't realize that wars have TWO sides to them.

The Shadow Emperor and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    That was actually one of the few times when it actually made sense for her to be all sagely, because it came immediately after–at least, episode-wise–Ahsoka got back from the grueling affair on the Trandoshan moon. That's bound to mature somebody. In fact, I think they used those two episodes as an excuse to mature her character in Season 4-5, and it worked sometimes, but not always.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    To me it started with Assassin. Ahsoka sees a purple Hutt, they go to Alderaan, and the mission would have been a Disaster of Ginormous Proportions if she hadn't been there.

Then there's the Citadel arc. Sorry, Anakin, we forgot to tell you that your Padawan can do whatever the hell she wants, and will be praised for breaking the rules.

Very different from season 2 library duty.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Well, it made sense (to me) since she'd encountered Aurra Sing before. At least it showed her get shot by Aurra so we knew she wasn't perfect.

Yeah...can't argue with this, it annoyed me too.

Haha, I remember even at age 15, so right around Ahsoka's age and thus probably the audience they were trying to reach with her rebellious attitude, thinking "Hah! Get what you deserve for being a moron!"

10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    <Dave>ZZ 28 for me</Dave>

anakinfansince1983 Oh, god, please don't remind me of the instant hologram revealer device or Ahsoka's ability to instantly have a Force vision. [face_laugh]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    GGrievous Yeah... Ahsoka's ability to "instantly" have a Force vision... by using meditation techniques taught to her by Yoda... so different from Yoda teaching meditation techniques to facilitate Force visions in Ep. V that Luke uses to "instantly" have them... :rolleyes:

credar, Revanfan1, QuangoFett and 2 others like this.
  12. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Oh man the device from that Mandalore episode.. the one where Ahsoka ended up lecturing Mando kids about corruption. It did the sort of !!!IMPOSSIBLE!!! thing that only lazy hollywood directorial types would even think possible.

Star Trek did something similar in the DS9 episode with the Cardassian guy posing as a war criminal in an attempt to get himself executed in some half-baked redemption scheme to deal with his inner demons and force Cardassia to face its deeds. The DS9 crew had this old grainy photo. First they magically upped it from something that an old instamatic camera took on low grade film, to sparkling 4k. Then they magically moved a guy out from behind another guy in the photo. I wanted to throw something at my tv. So, soooo stupid. The visual information was not there in that photo. It just straight up wasn't there, you can't extrapolate something from nonexistent information in the first place...

Then TCW did the same thing, with the hologram device recording a hologram, which subsequently displayed a person's face, despite the fact their face was invisible from the location the holo-recorder was in when making the recording.

UUURGH!

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, that was pretty bad, didn't know about the DS9 thing though, that sounds pretty brutal too.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Luke was the only Force sensitive around at the time other than Yoda, who knew that the visions were from the future at least, I don't know that he knew exactly what they were about.

Plus Luke's visions were sent to tempt him to the Dark Side, Ahsoka's were for...what exactly? Because she was the only one who could save the day?

Why did no one else, including the Jedi Masters, see purple Hutts?

I'm fine with Ahsoka being strong and gifted, but I have a problem with the idea that she is more exceptional than any other Jedi. And that seems to be what this episode wanted to portray.

Darth Valkyrus : my take on any non-authority-figure lecturing other people about corruption is "please get over yourself."

I was not willing to view Ahsoka as the boss of those kids, so as far as I'm concerned, her lecture was out of line.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Ahsoka was the main character for the episode. I have my own issues with them using her in odd ways to make her the main character, but that's aside from my point which was it was no more "instant" a Force-vision than what we already see established in the Star Wars films. She was assigned a task and got Yoda's help. It wasn't the whole Jedi Council failing to do something and Ahsoka figuring it out on her own.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    There were a lot of episodes in which the writers used her in odd ways to make her the main character or at least the savior of the day, beginning with that one.

17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    According to Dave Filoni's notes, he and his team had a story where "Ahsoka appoints Bo-Katan as provisional leader". In the artwork, Ahsoka appears to be a bit older, her outfit looks slightly different, and she appears in a hologram in front of the Jedi Council.

My initial thought is that after leaving the Jedi Order, she returns home, and something happens to her or her people to make her re-evaulate her future. She decides to returns to Coruscant and tries to make a difference by becoming a Republic senator.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    How Tano could have potentially gone from a former Padawan who presumably struck out on her own (at least at first), to someone in a position to appoint Bo-Katan Kryze anything, is anyone's guess (I'd say "God only knows," but that's not true -- apparently Filoni does).

But anyway, I don't see any way in the world that Tano is equipped to become a Republic Senator, of all things. Let alone going from nowhere at all, politically speaking, to actually being chosen to represent a population of people she has never had any prior interaction with, whatsoever, all within the space of the year or so of IU time left between the moment she left the Order and the end of the Republic. It just doesn't add-up for me.

Points for thinking outside of the box, though.

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Well, if Jar Jar can be a senator... :p

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Jar-Jar left a ripple in the Force when his screen time was reduced in AOTC and ROTS.

The galaxy might have been saved if Jar-Jar had been there. :_|

Revanfan1 and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  22. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I'll dig out the dvd and rip the scene and youtube it at some point.

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I got Netflix back for TCW and it has DS9, do you know what the episode name is or what season it was from?

24. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
  25. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I was thinking that Ahsoka could have ended up on Mandalore as she saw Bo Katan and her Nite Owl group trying to clean up and reorganize the mess left behind by Maul. Maybe more like Ahsoka saw something she looked up to in Bo Katan. In the same way that Steela's own group on Onderon appointed her leader, maybe Ahsoka suggests Bo Katan actually lead the Mandalorians and tries to legitimize it by getting the Jedi buy-in. Of course provisional means temporary so not sure what the transition is.

This is more brainstorming, I know some of these ideas aren't fully formed. And possibly... This concept may have banked on the fact that Ahsoka stayed with the Jedi and was sent there by them? Maybe her whole path was revised from the early story meetings, those are two years out from airing. So this could be an alternate path.