main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Ahsoka in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by G-FETT, Feb 15, 2008.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd say that if a joke about a fictional character leads to "personal bickering," the problem lies with those who are either taking jokes about a fictional character personally, or trying to make the discussion about other people on the forum instead of the topic.

Not the responsibility of the people making the jokes.

Nobody here is stopping people from discussing Ahsoka in TCW, not that there is anything left to discuss at this point but hey, the PT and OT forums are still going without new information so have at it.

The attempts at silencing people are not coming from the joke makers.

Trebor Sabreon : About doing a better job with the character and giving us less ammunition to play with... [face_laugh]. No ****.

There's a reason Hondo jokes are less rampant and those that exist are more complimentary towards the character. (And I say that as someone who is pretty indifferent towards Hondo.)

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    It may not be a deliberate attempt but it has the same impact. If people are just trying to one up each other on who can come up with the most exaggerated insult that's not providing a discussion to jump into for people that want to have actual discussions.

3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Again...not the problem of the people making the jokes.

If there's something to discuss, discuss it.

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    It is off-topic in almost every single instance except for this thread and the general discussion thread. That can get one banned, in which case it is one's problem.

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The posts you think are off topic in other threads would have to be addressed by the mods, I have no opinion there without specifics.

I will say that if someone in the Rebels thread brings up the idea of Ahsoka appearing in Rebels, a joke is fair game just as much as the speculation is.

Heero_Yuy and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  6. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I've yet to see any evidence of a thread getting completely derailed by a Ahsoka Mary Sue/Waifu joke. This sounds more like, "stop disliking what I like," style complaining.

7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I wonder if Dave Filoni ever looks at boards like this or reads threads like this.

If he does I can only imagine him laughing his head off.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That would be cool. It would indicate that he has a sense of humor.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    My opinions on Ahsoka range from annoyed to neutral so try again. It would be irritating no matter who the character in question was.

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Ya know Wac-47? I always wondered about him. Lets move the topic back to having a discussion about Ahsoka. How about we debate her outfits for the 20,000th time?

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think that tube top was made out of rubber bands.

POP.

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  12. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    I want Ahsoka as Filoni's waifu to become so much of a meme that he feels the need to have to address it.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I'm currently 11 episodes into my chronological re-watch. So far the Ahsoka charcter has been there to be comic relief / tension breaker. I will give her props for going up against Grievous.

14. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Irritating whom? From what I can gather, there's seems to be literally ONE person that's bothered by Ahsoka jokes. You also haven't offered a single example of a thread being completely derailed because I pointed out Davey boy's perverse lust for Jailbait Togruta booty. Most posters seem to follow the threads just fine.

15. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I'll second being annoyed by the Ahsoka jokes, but I've just stopped frequenting the forums as much. :confused: I'd prefer to ignore it then have to read it and get into arguments about it.

Dra--- and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  16. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I like Ahsoka. She got good character development and her leaving of the Order was perfect.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    hlc88 : I could not disagree more but that's cool. Opinions vary.

Anakin Skywalker is my favorite character but the dude has warranted the jokes made at his expense, and I will both laugh at them and join others in making them.

The "I think something is annoying so it shouldn't be posted" idea is the issue here. It's not even how many people are annoyed; that's not the issue.

Nobody is making jokes about other people on the forum (which is done on the YJCC), so there should be no problem.

TiniTinyTony : I enjoyed her for the most part in those episodes and I liked the going against Grievous too. Typical teenage impulsive ballsy decision and Anakin blasted her for it, which was also fun.

18. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    So if there had been a S7 of TCW, we would have probably see Ahsoka and Bo Katan teaming up?

That's what the art that Dave Filoni released from his meeting notes suggests.

Makes me wonder if they are the beginning of the Rebellion.

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    This is exactly my point. The most common reaction is going to be to simply not participate. So the question becomes do we want to encourage people one-upping each other to be the most absurd or do we want to encourage actual discussion? I think it should be the latter.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Guys, Seerow said to get back on topic. If you're really concerned about these Ahsoka jokes, take it to PM, either with each other or myself.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'm happy to report that I see Qui-Gon beat out Mace, Ahsoka and Kit in their "This is Madness" round.

I say "happy" because as much as I like the other three candidates, I tend to believe that Qui-Gon Jinn doesn't get nearly the credit he is due for his influence in the saga. I wonder if this will change following the ST? Certainly TCW has gone some way towards addressing the issue.

Anyway, I was surprised to see Wedge beat out Threepio. Antilles is terrific (I hope he shows up in Rebels as the show inches its way towards the formation of the Alliance), but that said, I didn't see that one coming!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    So I've just finished watching TCW for the first time properly on Netflix.

Can someone give me the condensed version of where the Ahsoka hate/dislike comes from? I'm only familiar with anakinfan's grumpy mutterings elsewhere. I'm also not familiar with any of Filoni's commentary on Ahsoka but I get the impression it's slightly obsessive. Like Karen and her Mandos?

I felt like her biggest flaw was being the kid 'bridge' character (i.e. the one whose journey is meant to stand in for the audience's) in a kids' show. And when the show got darker, she matured and flourished quite well.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  24. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Meh, it's just a part of the Forums IMO. Most people I come across really like Ahsoka.

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  25. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I've found this to be true too. Everyone I know IRL that watched the show liked Ahsoka's portrayal.