Clone Wars The *Official* Ahsoka in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by G-FETT, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Yes I agree. Grievous and Mace Windu both suffered from being MUCH more bad-you-know-what in the cartoons than in the actual movies.
  2. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    Well Mace was pretty bad-you-know-what in the movies, too. Look at the way he dispatched Jango Fett.[face_devil]
  3. WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I always thought Mace Windu was super cool in the movies. Grevious on the other hand, well his whole thing is that if he's in a pickle he splits the scenery. Intimidating, yes, but not a Jedi killer like the CW series made him out to be.
  4. Darth-Wyrm Jedi Master

star 1
    Definitely agree. In the CW shorts, Grievous is introduced in a far more dramatic and impressive way than he is in ROTS (yet more evidence that Lucas is great at the broad ideas, but doesn't necessarily execute them as well as others could). Anyone who didn't see the CW shorts and just saw Grievous in ROTS probably doesn't think much of him. But watch the shorts and you know what kind of fearsome villain he is. I think you need to see the shorts to really see Grievous as the predecessor to Vader.

Hopefully they'll more fully flush that out in the CGI series. I think GL and co. can really use this series to better develop and flush out the characters and relationships that the movies never really did.
  5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    G ... I just realised something. How in the world did you spell Ahsoka's name wrong in the title of this thread?

And how did nobody see that? [face_laugh]
  6. WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, that's the beauty with this series, that we get to see side characters get fleshed out.

And I don't want to sound like I didn't like the way Grevious was handled in the movie. It just seemed like George's version of him and Genndy's version of him were totally different. I saw the movie before I saw either of the Clone Wars microseries, so I didn't have any expectations of him.
  7. Jmacq1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd note that there's not really that much indication that the Jedi "didn't trust" Anakin. We have one member of the Council say that (Mace Windu). There's nowhere near a concensus that we see on-screen (or anywhere else). If the Jedi didn't trust Anakin, they wouldn't have sent him to spy on Palpatine in the first place. If the Jedi didn't trust Anakin, they wouldn't have made him one of their "go to" guys for most of the Clone Wars.

I think this issue of "distrust" between the Jedi Council and Anakin has been blown out of proportion by Mace's line of dialogue. Obi-Wan sat on the Council too, remember? And he trusted Anakin completely. We have no idea what the rest of the bunch thought about him personally. Heck, Mace Windu seems to think very highly of Anakin in Episode II. He comments on his "exceptional skills" and tries to allay Obi-Wan's fears of him not being ready for his solo assignment.

Obviously, things changed between AotC and RotS, but of course, the shroud of the Dark Side only grew stronger in that time, and Mace definitely saw some seriously messed-up stuff that might've left its' mark on him.

Really Mace's distrust of Anakin is probably more a reflection of Mace Windu's character at that moment in time than Anakin's.
  8. maderic Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm really just not a fan of the idea of Anakin having an apprentice. It's too much of a continuity gap for me to follow at this point. If she was just another Jedi that, say, admired the Hero With No Fear or was teamed with him or whatever, that'd be one thing....but to actually have her be his student..it's just too much. Do not want, in the words of internet kittens.

9. SaberJedi2 Force Ghost

star 4
    While I can understand your point of view, I just hope that we are given a reason why she's never mentioned again. It's almost as if she'd done something terrible that would make the Jedi ashamed of her.
  10. WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, considering the timeline, it's possible that she's only with Anakin for a few weeks. Maybe he screws up and she is reassigned, which might explain Mace's quote about trusting him.
  11. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Force Ghost

star 4
    She'd have to die or leave the order.

Cause if shes reassigned we'd have to see her in ROTS, or atleast a mention of her.
  12. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Here's another stickler...

Judging from Anakin's hair length, this new series will take place between Clone Wars cartoon series 1 and 2. That means not only was Ahsoka not mentioned in ROTS, but not even in Clone Wars series 2! Which is only mere months after this new series takes place LOL.

Go go retcon!
  13. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Are you sure that's not just artistic style and fit for these models, however?

I mean...

[image=http://starwars.com/hyperspace/about/news/20080215_picview/img/23.jpg]

It's pretty long ... gish.
  14. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Force Ghost

star 4
    But it goes down to his shoulders in CW II, and same with ROTS.

It might just be the model, but that looks intentionally like its in the middle of its growth. Thats how it would look after a month or two letting it grow after his knighting. CW II, judging on his hair length is actually like three of four months after.

I know alot about hair, just because mine is like the same length as his. Hahaha
  15. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    How about: Anakin chooses Ahsoka as his padawan, instead of being appointed one. Somehow he befriends her, or maybe takes pity on her, and starts teaching her some stuff. It would be just like Qui-Gon and Obiwan defying the Council, and it would be another reason why the Council doesn't trust him. Especially since she died. I think we'll be seeing her die because of a mistake that Anakin makes. Somehow he will put her at risk maybe.
  16. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Force Ghost

star 4
    That's pretty much what I'm thinking. Anakin will kinda take it upon himself to assign her his padawan. I'm guessing it'll be alot like the scene in ROTS where he says that he deserves to be a Jedi Master. It's crazy cause by ROTS he hasn't even been a knight for over a year.

So I'm guessing that Ahsoka is being sent to them to assist, kinda like extra Jedi help. Anakin will take a liking to her attitude and will mentor her without permission or against their wishes. Then he'll think of some crazy strategic attack which will some how get her killed. Or either they two team Asajj Ventress and she goes down for the count.

Whatever it is, I'm just SUPER pumped for this show.
  17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Chosen One

star 4
    Dude, in the final Clone Wars episode where General Grievous kidnaps the Chancellor, Mace windu encounters him right before he leaves on his shuttle, and being too late to do anything else he still managed to wound the General before he escaped. I would say that is why he was weaker in the movie compared to the cartoon. He was crippled, and because his breathing was mostly effected, he could not fight as good anymore. Besides, we all know that cartoons are exaggerated a bit more, and that the jedi Grievous had killed were not in the same caliber as Obi-Wan and Anakin.

I agree with this assessment. It is a totally blown out of proportional theory that we think she will be what we might consider her to be, which is Anakin's full fledged padawan in what is probably a short amount of time that it wouldn't matter what we assume her to be. Sure, the producers are making it seem she's his pupil, but it's probably just Anakin acting outside the jedi code again, and taking upon himself to act like someone he isn't (which is a jedi master) when he takes her in. I mean, Anakin is overconfident, and teaching someone to be a jedi without the consent, or knowledge of the council would meet this criteria. Especially since we all know Obi-Wan isn't with him during this time, this would more likely happen with an arrogant, and reckless apprentice. I don't see a problem with this, unless it lasts forever, and everyone is made aware of it on the council.
  18. snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe (if she happens to die), her death might not be Anakin's fault at all, but some sort of freak accident, like she falls down a well or something. Something completely beyond his control like this could add to his need for control/power in ROTS.

Whatever happens, I'm pretty excited to see it!
  19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Chosen One

star 4
    I definitely think this as well. She will surely die, and this will also contribute to his fall.
  20. WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Perhaps she'll be added into a special edition of Ep III. lol
  21. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Or become a force ghost at the end of ROTJ. Digitally enhanced, smiling upon Luke.
  22. snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Master

star 4
    Why stop there? I bet those ILM people with their fancy computers could even completely remove Jar-Jar and replace him with Ahoska.
  23. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Or they could switch the two, Ahsoka could be the annoying counterpart in TPM while Jar Jar could be Lil' Annie's firsta padawana.
  24. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Did anybody else see Ahsoka's grip on her lightsaber in the new trailer? There's that one scene in which she is fighting a spider droid alongside Anakin. You'll notice in her way of fighting that her grip is the upside-down style. I can't remember if there's a name for it ? I believe Adi Gallia may have wielded a saber in the same fashion.

I realise this could just be for effect in that particular instance, but I noticed it quite clearly. It looked impressive.
  25. Jango_Fettish Jedi Master

star 4
    The funny thing is that Vader's secret apprentice in The Force Unleashed holds his saber like that as well. Must be Anakin's teaching style.