Clone Wars The *Official* Ahsoka in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by G-FETT, Feb 15, 2008.

1. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Well if you see the newest video thats been posted on this forum, It somewhat is foreshadowing her dieing. She's being blasted, hanging on, and Anakin's watching from afar. Obviously this wouldn't be her death scene, but it could be foreshadowing it.

I agree with your reasoning, I just don't think it's possible she's going to complete her training. The council made a big enough deal of Anakin being knighted at like 21/22 and he's the chosen one. If she was knighted at 17, I think Anakin would be more po'd then ever.
  2. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    I wouldn't quite say that she was going to die. The way I took it was that Anakin was heading over to help her out. I wasn't even paying attention to how much longer the video was when that was occurring, and I thought it was going to show Anakin save her, like I said. Then it ended. :( I was mad.
  3. Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    So Ashoka definitely calls Anakin "Master" in the new 2-minute clip. Doesn't this rather glaringly contradict Anakin's being denied this rank in ROTS, and thus the Duel dialogue in 'ANH'? [face_thinking]
  4. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    I wouldnt say so. Its a deferral of respect.

I think you're confusing the Master-Padawan thing with actually being designated the rank of Jedi Master.

Besides [obviousspoiler]He doesn't train her to Knighthood, when she becomes a victim of the General
  5. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    :eek: I didn't know that Asoka becomes a victim of the General

Where did you hear that?
  6. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    That's HIGHLY unlikely. That would be a wound the villains would stick their fingers in, in ROTS if it were true.

I have too much faith in Lucas and the creators of the show to make such a drastic error in judgement.
  7. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Well he could be unaware that Anakin is her "master" and therefore Anakin would know about his role in Ahsoka's death and GG would have no idea it was Anakin's "padawan"

it said obviousspoiler, so it's not confirmed G-FETT, it's just kinda an obvious option.
  8. darth-nemisis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow...I wish I hadn't read that. :(
  9. Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    She wont die at the hand of any such major character featured in the prequels.
  10. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    [face_laugh]

I could turn out to be right, but its really just a guess. Man this place really is like back in the lead up to the PT...class.
  11. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I actually wasn't aware of how late into the Clone Wars Anakin gets knighted. It seems that TCW will only take place at least 2.5 years into the Clone Wars. With only a half a year before ROTS (unless some major retcon takes place), you guys are right, there is no way I can see Ahsoka's training being completed in that time. So, yeah, she probably gets killed or reassigned.
  12. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Force Ghost

star 4
    I kinda wish it started like.. Boom!right after Attack of the Clones. He could keep it going for awhile. Apparently, according to Mayhew, George plans to do multiple seasons if it's successful.I don't understand how five months before ROTS could achieve more than 1 or 2 seasons at most.
  13. Earthknight Jedi Master

star 4
    This series isn't going to last. Honestly who wants to see three or six seasons of fake war? All of Anakin's achievements are irrelevant.
  14. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I do.

And I could be wrong about it only being 6 months before ROTS. We know ROTS takes place in 19 BBY, but it might take place 6 months into that year, we don't know. So perhaps it's a full year before ROTS. I don't know. Lucas doesn't really seem to care. There was some interview where he basically seemed OK with cramming as much into the three year period as he saw fit, with no regard for the fact that the CW only last three years.
  15. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    Wow...yeah, I think they might have to change the time frame of him being knighted because I agree with what you guys have said: I don't see them doing a large series in half a year. I mean, there could be a lot of battles and such, but it seems like it may be too crammed.

What exactly does this have to do with Ahsoka? You brought this up in the other thread, leave it there please. :)
  16. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    From http://www.comingsoon.net/news/showestnews.php?id=42983

I don't believe anywhere in the films it is said how long ROTS takes place after AOTC, and Lucas himself doesn't appear to have a definitive answer for how long the war lasts. As far as I know, it is only the EU and other behind the scenes material that provides a claim of the Clone Wars lasting three years. Thus, I think the idea is that Lucas is not going to allow himself to be confined by already existing EU that dictates that he has 1/2 a year left before ROTS. He's going to make the Clone Wars, and if it turns out that the events of the show could not in anyway occur in only 6 months, or even 12 then as far as Lucas is concerned the war may have lasted longer. Maybe in a few years there will be a retcon that says the war lasted four or five years, who knows? I don't think such a change would impact the content of the films in any way, as I do not believe any time frame is referenced in the films themselves.
  17. VladTheImpaler Jedi Master

star 4
    Is it confirmed that every episode will be starring Obi and Anakin? I thought they were going to skip around to other jedi as well, with a few Plo Koon centered episodes and what-not?
  18. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Force Ghost

star 4
    There probably will be some episodes with the main focus on Fisto and Plo Koon and stuff, but don't expect really any episodes without Anakin and Obi Wan seeing as they are the main characters in the PT.
  19. WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Knight

star 3
    And there's said to be episodes with just clones and another of Kit Fisto. I think the main Jedi will all get their own episode if there's 100 of them.
  20. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Force Ghost

star 4
    This is going to sound like another one of my "Ahsoka must die' conspiracy theories. But check out the new trailer, After Assajj says "now you must die" and it does all those intense flash shots, theres one of Ahsoka, wrapped in bandages [unless shes wearing a trendy backpack like Ani] and her lightsaber extinguishes and she falls to her knees.

Though I'm probably wrong, it's the guessing and the theories that make the wait so much fun.
  21. BlackRook Jedi Knight

star 2
    If she does die, I don't think it's going to be during the pilot movie.
  22. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Force Ghost

star 4
    I know, I'm just being typical and conspiring. Anyone think Anakin will tell Ahsoka about Padme, or do you think he'll try to maintain his perfect Jedi image?
  23. Grievous93 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I always thought Asajj was saying that to Obi-Wan, as much of the trailer shows her and him battling.
  24. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh I actually have no idea who she's saying that to, I was just saying that it's after she says that. I'm pretty sure she's saying it to either Obi Wan, or Rex, considering we see Rex get pwn'd by her in the first trailer.
  25. fanboyskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    It would be cool if the Council was becoming increasingly worried about Anakin and his rogue Jedi behavior and Ahsoka is actually not what she seems. Maybe she is there to sort of spy on Anakin for the council... like keep an eye on him. Even Obi-Wan doesn't know. Kind of like Yoda wasn't what he appeared to be when Luke met him in ESB.

At first I thought it was weird that Anakin would have a Padawan, but maybe she has some kind of background similar to his or a connection to him where Yoda thinks their pairing would benefit them both, with Obi-Wan sort of keeping an eye on them both. Plus, when we get to ROTS Anakin is a Jedi Knight (still kicking it with Obi-Wan as a fellow soldier on mission together, but I don't think it was a formal master/apprentice relationship anymore). So if Anakin is a Knight he can technically take a Padawan on and with the war they might have had a shortage of Masters to train people so Anakin got moved up on the eligibility list, despite his reckless behavior.