main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Ahsoka in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by G-FETT, Feb 15, 2008.

1. DanteInferno

DanteInferno Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2008
    Well, I suppose Ahsoka is actually an agent of the Dark Side, sent to turn Anakin into the Palpatine-bait we see in RoTS. It's a Sith technique, used by a long-dead Lord of the Sith named Darth Jorj Lukas (read it). The name of the technique is called Lu'kas Plotkai. This means that disregarding normal concerns and continuities, the Will of the Sith Lord be done >.<

[face_mischief]

Honestly, Ahsoka is really a big sore thumb. Lucas might have really needed to straighten things out a little -.-''

Probably low importance. I doubt she has a real major impact in shaping Anakin because if she does, this major event would have to be referenced in RoTS and the other novels. But then again, one can never underestimate the power of the plotkai. [face_laugh]

2. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Hmmm...that's an interesting question. I wonder how attached he will become to Ahsoka. Will he tell her all his secrets? Or keep them from her like he does with Obi-Wan. I am guessing the latter.

3. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Sorry to double post, but I thought I would post in here the iamge of the replica lightsaber for Ahsoka coming soon by eFX Collectibles.

[image=http://209.85.62.24/14/106/0/p38164/ahsoka.jpg]

4. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    I'm thinking he won't tell her about Padme. He's supposed to be her Master and instruct in the ways of being a Jedi. And seeing as he's breaking the rules I hope he wouldn't be dumb enough to tell her. I don't want to hear any "Do as I say, not as I do" statements from Anakin.

It wouldn't make a lot of sense to me to have him tell her of Padme. If anyone, he tell Obi-Wan because after all they were "brothers."

5. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    But Obi Wan is also on the council, and Anakin's fear of being banished from the order would prevent him from doing so. I don't think Anakin will tell her, but if anything I could see him telling her over Obi Wan. She wouldn't judge him about it, and he could explain that it was a fault within the order and it could be like "their little secret" that could bring them closer.

The replica saber looks great, I hope they come out with a force FX lightsaber of it.

6. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    On that note, I am siding with SaberJedi. I agree with you both that he won't tell her. He is her master and teaching her on what to do and not to do. He knows what he did was against the Jedi code and, therefore, wrong, so he will not tell her. I think it's that simple.

However, hypothetically, I think he would tell Obi-Wan over Ahsoka. Again, he is training her and he knows she looks up to him. So, he won't tell her in hopes she would not do something foolish like he did that could get her in serious trouble. Obi-Wan, despite being on the Council, is still his closest friend, and I think if it came down to it, Anakin would definitely tell him despite the words that will be spoken afterward.

And I do believe that they stopped making FX Lightsabers. At least, Master Replicas did, which is most unfortunate because I loved them. I had almost ordered a Darth Maul one...but I ordered an iPod Touch instead. :(

EDIT: I checked and you can still buy them on Amazon. They are more expensive than they were, but the stock is limited.

7. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Either way, I hope he doesn't tell her about Padme as it wouldn't make too much sense.

I bought my FX saber at a store called Spencers around Christmas time. It's kind of a novelty shop, but it had them at 30 or 40% off the regular price. I ended up getting my Luke saber for around 75 US. I'm not sure if they're available at those stores anymore, especially at that price.

8. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Yeah, I believe that's where I got my Darth Vader one. I love Spencers, very cool shop. Anyway, now a days, the only FX sabers that they have are so crappy and dented it sucks.

9. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Up in Canada I've found the sabers in alot of different places. The Comic Book Shoppe has quite a few [though, very overly priced- I'm talking over $300 just for ROTS Anakin] Future Shop & Best Buy have the single Maul's and even Winners carry them up here.

I'm glad I bought my ESB Vader and ROTS Anakin before they stopped making them. Though, I'm still on the prowl for a ROTJ Luke. Nemisis, it was a good choice in the end. I have my ipod touch and my force fx sabers. As much as I love having the closest thing to a lightsaber, my ipod touch accompanies me everywhere and is like a good friend. I'm never bored with my Ipod touch.

10. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Well seeing as this this is the Ahsoka thread, I'm wondering if they'll make an FX (or similar because of the change in company) for her. If so, I'm wondering if they'll make it more of a cartoonish version like we'll see in the film/series.

A bit off topic, but how's the internet with the iPod touch? Just like wireless speeds? I have yet to play with one.

11. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I'd like a more cartoonish version of the FX saber too just for CW. More of a rounded blade, and brighter light and colour.

The internet on the Ipod touch is kinda wacky. If your in an area with really fast wireless, you're pretty much good. It's like a miniture computer, except you can't download anything really. It has it's own youtube page, so you can go straight to youtube and watch a video full screen. I'm having some problems though, it can be hard to pick up a Wifi connection, and in the middle of watching a video it will just stop loading and then lose connection. Overall though, I give my Ipod touch probably my number one spot for best electronic I poured a good $200 on. Theres some little problems, but Apple's amazing with fixing it all up for you.

12. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    I just hope they start making those lightsabers again...now they will probably be called simply eFX lightsabers. Just guessing though.

I love the internet on the iPod Touch. It's not the fastest thing, but it is still incredible for how small it is if you ask me. It really makes me want an iPhone. :p

13. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET

DARTH-SMELLY-FEET Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2007
    I found this new trailer on You Tube. At the very end of it about 1.53 in it looks like she.... well have a look for yourself and see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPI48Ti548c

14. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Thats actually not new, and I brought that up a few pages back. Ahsoka isn't going to die in the movie, but I'm pretty sure she'll have to kick the bucket by the end of the series.

15. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I believe her main purpose is to be the reason Anakin begins to grow up between films. He has new responsibility and has less time to focus on all his Chosen One self-greatness. Perhaps her attitude will reflect on him how he's been and that teaching someone who is at times unwilling to listen is not always easy. It'll tighten the bond between Obi-Wan and Anakin.

16. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Yeah, I believe you're right. I mean, the war alone is enough to make him mature, but you add the apprentice, then that will definitely make him even more mature.

17. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    The guy in charge of the film has these little web docs on the Official Site. When describing Ahsoka, he states basically just that. She has the cockiness and brash of Anakin yet some of the old guard restraint of Obi-Wan.

18. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    You forgot a voice actor that makes my ears bleed.:p

19. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I think shes also there to keep him a little grounded. It's brought up many times in the films and EU that Anakin is infamous for his recklessness. With a padawan he's not just risking his own back, but hers too.

20. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    I'm there with you on that, Sublime. Having her around will keep him more grounded and teach him a sense of responsibility. I think if he has someone else around to help train then he might be less likely to be as reckless. Either that, or she'll be reckless too and that'll get her killed. That could also be her 'purpose.'

21. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm also starting to think Anakin takes greater responsibility for her. Once this is established, she'll be killed by the Sith. We'll see even more of Anakin the Jedi Hero - savior of the Republic - the one man who alone can and wants to destroy the Sith. It makes his fall even more tragic, especially when he starts killing Jedi in the temple.

22. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    That's a good point, and it makes me think even more that Ahsoka will die. Judging by the following book cover, it appears as though Ahsoka will fight Asajj at some point.

[image=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51n15Xze1vL._SS500_.jpg]

23. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Yeah I brought that up in the Official TCW book thread. If Ahsoka does fight Assajj, I'm willing to bet thats where she's taken down. It wouldn't make sense to have Grievous or Dooku do it because then it would have to be mentioned in ROTS. With Assajj it strengthens Anakin's hate while not exactly screwing up continuity.

24. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Definitely. I'm thinking you're right about Asajj taking out Ahsoka and therefore Obi-Wan or Anakin takes her out. Looks like Asajj will be seeing a lot of action. We already know she's going to fight Obi-Wan from the trailer.

25. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    and Anakin, from a few of those screenshots in the Official picture thread. I think she's pretty much going to be what Grievous was in the 2D CW. I mean, Lucas has already shown Grievous in the movie and we know his inevitable outcome. With Assajj theres nothing but possibilities.