main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Ahsoka in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by G-FETT, Feb 15, 2008.

1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    So if Ahsoka dies in this film, which I fully expect her to, it adds more weight to revenge being a motive when Anakin slays Dooku in RotS beyond his arm loss. Dooku trained Asajj, and she killed his apprentice, etc...

2. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I think she'll die in the series. They introduce her in the movie and if viewers(most likely kids) like her, they'll want to catch the show to see more of her. I've also considered that she'll survive the Clone Wars and she'll end up getting killed by her former master when he's Darth Vader. That would be cool!

3. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    That would be wicked awesome, but we've already seen order 66. Something that important would be shown.

Then again, GL is infamous for altering his movies. I bet in like 5 years we'll see the star wars prequels- the SE and it will have a badly edited scene of Anakin killing Ahsoka. Of course, she'll be completely digital so George can show off his latest graphics.

4. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Please no. That should not happen. She will die during the Clone Wars because she is never mentioned in Episode III at all.

5. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I hope and pray she dies in the Clone Wars, I already hate her character.

6. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    I hope he does tell Ahsoka about Padme. It would be interesting to see him talking about it with someone while he is away from Padme and also to get someone else's perspective on it.

I also don't think Ahsoka will die in the series. She may walk away from the order, but her dying is a little dark for a kid's cartoon. She is a kid Jedi after all. Though hopefully I'm wrong because ROTS is pretty dark so it will be cool to have TCW set up for that.
    Anyone know her exact age yet?

7. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Not all the Jedi need to be extinct after RotS. It might be cool to have a face and a name for some of the Jedi lumped into the 'all but extinct' description. Perhaps one of them could be Ahsoka. I doubt it as I believe she gets killed in the film.

8. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    What makes you believe that she'll get killed in the film? I just find it hard to believe that they'd kill off a semi-main character with atleast 100 episodes left before ROTS. They'll have plenty of time to kill her off after the film. I don't think we'd get a good sense of her relationship with Anakin after just the film.

9. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Yeah, I don't think she will be killed in the film. It just seems unlikely. There is that scene from the trailer that makes her look like she is in some serious trouble, but we don't know the circumstances. She could be alone (which would be reasoning for you, Sapient), she could be with Anakin but just separated (in which case Anakin could save her) and possibly some other options as well. I just agree that they wouldn't kill a new character that they have practically put on as one of the faces of the CW in the movie. (Watch, Sapient will be right and will be like: "I told you so!" :p)

Although, I don't rule out her death. Just because it's a kids cartoon doesn't mean there won't be any deaths. What sort of war would there be without death? And we know that a lot of Jedi lost their lives during the war.

That would be very cool. It would definitely add a lot to the trauma that was Anakins fall to the dark side.
    Well, I am assuming it wasn't shown because she wasn't even thought of when RotS was made. :p Jokes aside, I think it could be a possibility. I have a feeling that they will end the entire series several years down the road with Order 66 and Darth Vader. I would like to see her death come at that point.

10. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    Uh guys According to the spoilers that were taken down for an unknown reason, Ahsoka doesn't die. She's with Anakin and Obi-Wan at the end of the movie.

11. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Where is that spoiler? It's not that I don't believe you. It's that I never saw it nor do I know the source. :)

12. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    The ones that were posted on the front page a couple weeks ago and have mysteriously vanished. Can anyone back me up here? :oops:

13. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    It's true. I read the spoilers too, it pretty much ends on a happy note with Anakin,Obi Wan and now Ahsoka saving the day.

Be patient, she will die.

14. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Well, that doesn't mean that she won't die. That just means that Sape is wrong. :p

15. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Doubtful.

16. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I have been known to make mistakes.... from time to time.

But the odds are 7,548,657 to 1 I won't

17. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Then where is she during ROTS? Or even mentioned?

18. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    It is a good point. If she lives, it has to beg the question why a padawan of Anakin's is not mentioned in the next film. Or maybe she's not mentioned because....she dies.

19. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    What truely worries me the most is that she wont die, and in a few years The PT SE will be released, with all these new changes. Ahsoka will be mentioned in ROTS, hell, maybe even shown in her digital form.

You never really know with Lucas.

20. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    True, but I'm glad Dave Filoni is "in charge" of the animated series/movie. I can't seem them editing the PT with some CGI for continuity if she doesn't die. It would be easier to let her die and not have her seen again.

21. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Exactly. Maybe even sell the "special edition Ahsoka death" action figure.

22. starwarsobesses

starwarsobesses Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2008
    why do you all want her to die she sound like a cool character. Anakin having a padawan is a great idea.

23. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Wow, I would not like that at all if she was digitally placed in to the PTs. However, I don't see a SE version of the PT being released by the time Lucas is no longer capable/willing to continue with movie making. He's already getting older, and the clock is ticking.

Believable.

24. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    It's not that we want her to die, we're just trying to figure out when and how she might die. The chances of her dying are all but 100% that she'll die in either the film or more like the series because she's never mentioned in ROTS or any film thereafter. We just don't want to see her live and have the entire continuity of the rest of the saga completely thrown off. Anakin having a padawan is a pretty big idea. I think a lot of people think that it's a bad idea because she is never seen or even mentioned in ROTS. It almost throws a wrench in the story that we know. You'd think that if Anakin did have a padawan, she'd at least be referred to at some point in ROTS.

25. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    She's not around Anakin in ROTS which tells me that by then she's either:

1. Dead
    2. Expelled from the Order
    3. Reassigned to another master

I had never even considered the second option until recently. The first option I find unlikely, as the series takes place (unless retconned) only 0.5 years before the end of the Clone Wars, and if she died, I would expected Anakin to still be troubled by her death by the time of ROTS. When Anakin kills Dooku, Palpatine tries to comfort him by explaining that it was a reasonable action because "he cut off your arm." If Dooku or Grievous or some other Separatist killed Anakin's Padawan, it would seem more natural to me if Palpatine said something to the effect of "he commanded the troops that murdered Ahsoka" or something like that.

The third option, unless Ahsoka turns up in the LAS, seems somewhat like a cop out, as we'll never learn of what happens to her, and are left to assume that she died in Order 66.

The second option seems possible, though not necessarily likely. If Anakin passes on his character traits to Ahsoka and she gets expelled for it, it could be the cause of much of Anakin's hostility toward the Council in ROTS, as he would see it as an attack on who he is. It would spare her from Order 66 as she would not be a Jedi at the time, and would allow for her to continue on in the Expanded Universe comics or LAS because of it. And Anakin could reasonably get through the events of ROTS without being devastated, because when it comes down to it, he'd know that she was still OK.

So, I'd be inclined to think options 1 or 3 are the most likely. I don't think either fits with established continuity perfectly, and would have to be carefully done in order to work well IMO.