main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Ahsoka in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by G-FETT, Feb 15, 2008.

1. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Maybe she wised up, didn't die, but slipped away from Anakin's clutches (and the Order) once she realized how off base he really was...

And it doesn't even mess with the Lost Twenty, because she never made it to knighthood.

2. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Expect retcons on this point. It seems it will take point very soon after AOTC.

3. Hogne

Hogne Jedi Master star 1

Sep 21, 2004
    But do we know how much the Clone Wars movie and tv-series will mess up the continuity of the Clone Wars comics and books, yet?

My guess is that there will be a lot of retconning going on in the coming years.

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    This Dave Filoni fellow seems to be very passionate about Star Wars. He's familiar with characters such as Quinlan Vos, The Dark Woman, and Sora Bulq, who would be unfamiliar to most casual Star Wars fans whose familiarty with the franchise doesn't extend far (if at all) beyond the films (Source where he is referred to as an Encyclopedia of SW information).

Most retcons I think would come more from Lucas' encouragement to make the show "Star Wars." I don't think Dave would intentionally step on the toes of established continuity unless it is for the sake of creating a better, more Star Warsy experience.

And even if established EU is retconned, popular EU characters like The Dark Woman and Quinlan Vos might make appearances, so established characters will not get completely abandoned by the addition of a new television series.

5. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    At the end of the movie. Not necessarily at the end of the series.

6. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Well she's also there to have some banter with Anakin on the show. From a preview of the movie(not the TV spots) I caught last night on like Sci-Fi channel I saw she has a nice sense of humor.

7. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    A few pages back, I noticed y'all taking about Ahsoka being promoted to padawan. In the EU, Jedi are trained in the temple by yoda(as seen in AOTC) and other masters when they reach a certain age(around 12-15 depending on the student.) Then they are selected by Masters to be Padawans and learn from them out in the world, go on missions with their masters, like Obi/Qui Gon and Obi/ Anakin, etc. The one that don't get picked go to other things, but they don't get to become knights( at least in the prequel era.)

That is what is happening with Ahsoka, except she was assigned to him instead of him taking a padawan when he was ready to take one.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    So, the new video on the Clone Wars official site is all about Ahsoka. Pretty cool to see. There were some clips they showed I haven't seen and liked. For example, they showed a clip of Asajj Ventress slicing through a wall and coming through, and Ahsoka just put up her lightsaber, with a look of intensity. Also, the scene where her and Anakin are in a troop transport and she is staring at Anakin with a look that I took as a combo of amazement, awe and love (not passionately, but as a father/big brother relationship). Good scene.

9. Amrita_Glittersong

Amrita_Glittersong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2007
    I loved the new video about Ahsoka. I'm actually quite interested to see what happens to her as this series goes on; I wasn't sure how much I was going to like the idea of her, but she seems like a great character.

10. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Not liking Ahsoka much, she looks like a demon or something with the red face and the horns, and she acts like she belongs on Disney/Nickelodeon.
    And I don't like the outfit they made her. Maybe she's Aayla's impressionable little sister?

11. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I really hope she's likeable character. If she's like Anakin from AOTC, then she won't be.

In terms of her death, she has to die before ROTS or it will just make the Clone Wars feel less authentic.

12. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    I also hope she's a good character - but as for me, from what I've seen, she seems a bit... dare I say... Mary-Sueish?

I'm hoping that she'll turn out to be a fun character, I really do, but my expectations are not extremely high.

13. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Well, I think that's just they way her species looks. And I think that is one of the points of Ahsoka, the whole Disney image. That attracts children.

14. THX_1138biggs

THX_1138biggs Jedi Master star 1

Jul 9, 2007
    I don't care if they have 100 horns or 10 eyes.. as long as they're (SW characters) interesting, funny, and cool.

15. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    She also can't die just before ROTS starts because Anakin is way too joke-y with Obi-wan to have just lost his Padawan.

16. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    From the newest Insider...

Obi Wan ".. Obi Wan now finds endless delight in watching his one-time student struggle with a strong-willed learned of his own, Ahsoka Tano."

Master Yoda".. In an attempt to teach Anakin responsibility, Yoda had given his newest General a Padawan learner name ahsoka, but Yoda often wonders if his decision to pair the volatile duo has simply created twice the trouble for the Jedi Council."

Ahsoka Tano" A teenage Togruta Padawan, Ahsoka is eager to prove herself to her bold Master, Anakin Skywalker. Ahsoka complements Anakin's aggressive tendencies with a disarming innocence and wit. She can wield a lightsaber and pilot a spacecraft with equal talent. Straddling the chasm between Anakin's impulsiveness and Obi-Wan's staid deliberation, Ahsoka promises to become a worthy Jedi... if she survives the war."

17. syferdiasisalie

syferdiasisalie Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2004
    I think she will die at the end of the series, at the hands of Darth Vader, during the purge, a little while after ROTS. I think that would be the perfect ending.

18. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Lucas should have left her out, but I guess he wanted to get the Britney and Hanna Montana demographic.

19. Calvinthejedi

Calvinthejedi Jedi Master star 2

Mar 22, 2004
    Earning Sir Lucas more money...

Just like the Ewoks...

And Jar-jar...

No, but seriously, other than what has been stated in interviews about 'showing anakin's good side' (although we already know he's dang nasty evil), she really has no point.

20. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    I don't think that would be good at all or could happen. The end of the series takes place before ROTS and there is never word that Anakin had an apprentice. She couldn't be killed by Darth Vader after ROTS. Just doesn't make sense. She'll die at the end of the series, but definitely before ROTS takes place.

21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Is it confirmed that the show ends before ROTS? Not all of the events in the series occur back-to-back. There will be some time jumps. I've not really considered the possibility that the series finale might jump ahead past ROTS slightly. Unless they do the same thing as GT's CW, and literally end the series right where ROTS begins (which was fine for a series comprising 3 minute shorts, but would feel unsatisfying after a series that runs for 100+ episodes, IMO), I can't imagine how they would end the series in a suitable way. Seeing as how the LAS isn't going to focus on the Sith or Jedi, TCW would really be Lucas' only time to show any of the Jedi purge on screen, by jumping pass ROTS a little bit.

22. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I could see the last actual episode being Order 66. I mean, just because ROTS starts doesn't mean the Clone Wars ended then and there. They were still fighting up until Order 66, as we see Ki-a-Mundi and Aayla Secura and others leading the clones into battle. Maybe if the last episode is order 66, we'd see Ahsoka with her [i'm assuming] new master, and she's taken out by the clones.

But Ahsoka being killed by Darth Vader would just be tacky.

23. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Yeah, see, I was hoping it'd be something like that. I would love to see some of the Order 66 stuff.

24. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    [Earning Sir Lucas more money...

Just like the Ewoks...

And Jar-jar... /blockquote]

And Yoda...

and R2 and 3PO...

and Chewbacca....

and every spaceship....

Lucas should have left her out, but I guess he wanted to get the Britney and Hanna Montana demographic.

It's less pathetic than the over 30 male demographic.

I think Ahsoka helps make Anakin and Obi-Wan on a more equal footing. Before they were mentor/student. Now they're both Jedi Masters.

25. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Not to mention that this would be the perfect setup for the live action series [face_whistling] ;)

I think Ahsoka would die long before this though [face_thinking]