main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Alan Dean Foster Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    While I liked The Approaching Storm well enough, I think that Mr. Fosters could've shortened it quite a bit. While I appreciated his creativity with coming up with the wildlife of Ansion, a lot of the wilderness plot twists could've been done without. In fact, a lot of the book could've been done without, for it seemed to me he tended to keep repeating certain personality traits of certain characters. Yet, the characterization were good; I must admit that. The plot was good as weel, but like I said before, the story could've been told in many less words.

Overall, though, seeing as The Approaching Storm is the only novel I've read by Mr.Foster, I must admit that I truly enjoy his writing style. I didn't find it in the least confusing, and it had a way of keeping my attention. That being said, I wish the Mr.Foster would another piece of literature that concerned the journeys of Tooqui. Because I'd really like to see what happened to that little guy. :)

2. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I liked splinter of a minds eye because Leia took on Vader it made me question whether Luke had taught her some stuff, I didn't always like her characterization in this book.
    In approaching storm I liked it because it's how I brought Barriss and Anakin together

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.