main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official "All Hail zerosleep" thread

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Raven, Jan 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    i wonder how long it will take for someone to link to every single thread in comms. that has been locked because a mod has said: "only zerosleep can do that - and he ain't here".

Commiserations on coming back, ZS. You've got a hell of a job to catch up on. :D

2. Darth_Weirdo

Darth_Weirdo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I would like to see the quote -option mentioned above. Also a couple of new smileys perhaps. But I understand the workload zerosleep has now. Keep up the good work! :)

3. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    One thing that's needed fixing for awhile are the active topic notification e-mails. I usually get at least 2 sent to me for each post that's created, and sometimes up to 4 or 5 e-mails.

But if you make other improvments instead, I'll be just as happy. ;)

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    yeah same on this end, 4 - 5 notifications on the same pm. I hope you can figure it out ZS if not the modifications and a few new smilies will help make it better :p

Keep up the good work :)

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I don't use the notification feature, but I forgot my password once and I got like 4-5 emails per SN ... and I have a few names using the same email. :(

Something else to fix. ;)

6. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Is the textbox for the message body when posting bigger? It seems bigger ...

Oh yeah, get rid of this:

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

7. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Is the textbox for the message body when posting bigger? It seems bigger ...

I noticed that too.

8. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Yep, I think the post reply box is definitely bigger. Woah, it's easier to type the longer replies. :D

9. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I say its definately longer.

Wild_Karrde, everyone wants to ditch the OPPM rule but its to keep users from spamming the boards.

Xan I have quite a few names tagged to yahoo, I didn't find it fun trying to trudge through over a hundred pms just for one user name

10. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Um, yeah, I know what the rule is for, I was here when it was created. And unfortunatly, there are a great deal of posters around now who would abuse the freedom if given the chance. I miss 1999 :(

11. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    PM system is down. :(

12. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Still, this: Private messages are currently disabled while we perform database maintenance on related tables. They will be back up later today - zerosleep is a lot better than 'Private Message Not Found'. :p

13. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL! Yes, that is a lot better. :p

Jae Angel

14. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Agreed, and I know not about you guys or what you think on these matters, but man, this sure is a great thing that zerosleep has accomplished, thus making our posting lives here so much better :D .

I sure do hope that we get a "preview" button on those PM type boxes ;) . Now that would be a helpful thing :) .

15. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I want a "Delete PM" feature...that way I can get rid of the pointless ones and keep the important ones.

16. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Do we have a timetable on when the PMs will be working again? That 1 New thing up there is annoying.

17. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I wouldn't mind an "edit PM" feature, just like posts, where you can go back for a certain amount of time (say 90 minutes) and edit your PM. :)

Jae Angel

18. R2D35

R2D35 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Thank you zerosleep for fixing the PMs... I hope you get some sleep ;) ..

Anyhoo, I would like a delete PM also..

19. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    or how about a way for you to block certain users from PMing you.....of course, Mods wouldn't be able to be blocked, but maybe annoying users or something.

But for now I'd rather have the Active Topic Notification emails problem fixed and a new smile: an angel.

20. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yeah its great that they're working, yet I wish that my ideas could've been placed up there :( 8-} .

21. _across-the-stars_

_across-the-stars_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2003
    As far as editing PMs, I think that we should be able to edit PMs until the recipient recieves it.

22. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    _across-the-stars_: "As far as editing PMs, I think that we should be able to edit PMs until the recipient recieves it."

Percisely! ;) I think it a good feature, as sometimes my messages look ugly. A preview would help emmensely! :D

23. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    For PM previews, just go to a post new thread screen, put the PM in the box, and don't make a title, and hit preview. You get a preview with assurance that it won't be posted.

24. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    jedi_master_ousley: "For PM previews, just go to a post new thread screen, put the PM in the box, and don't make a title, and hit preview. You get a preview with assurance that it won't be posted."

Nah, way too much work for one message ;) 8-}

25. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Go to a board -> click Post New Topic -> paste PM -> click Preview -> edit if necessary

It's not that hard.

Besides, Strid, with the amount of practice you have with markups, I'd think that you don't need a Preview button anymore ... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.