main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Alpha, the ARC Troopers and the Commandos Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediTrilobite, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Great. Now I'm seeing images of Samurai Pizza Cats.:oops::p

2. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    For some reason, I can't see Kal instructing his boys on the finer points of parasol etiquette.

But, since it is National Retcon Week and all, someone at least needs to figure out how these devices relate to traditional Mando culture ;)

[image=http://starwars.com/episode-ii/explore/selects/2000/09/img/1327_select.jpg]

[face_thinking]

3. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Well spotted.[face_laugh] :p

4. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    While staying on Kamino while resting up between hunts Jango frequently got annoyed by the consent rain which led to him carrying around an umbrella. During one of Jango frequent flying around Tipoca city with his jet pack, suddenly his jet pack went out sending Jango falling down to what seemed his doom. Jango tried everything to save himself, but accidentally opened up his umbrella which then proceeded to gently carry him down to safety. Later that day Jango jokily wrote that they should train some of the clones to use an umbrella that way. Unknown to him Taun We later found this excerpt and did just that.

How about that:p

5. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    My thoughts exactly...[face_plain]

Edit: wrong letter for the acronym

6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    bah-that's not tradtional mando culture.

Well, Mandolore is a jungle world. Maybe they always carried an umbrella with them, and in the spirit of versitility, created better versions for transportation and combat.

7. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Mandos would do something like that.

8. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    :D [face_cowboy]

9. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    Not to disrupt the multi-purpose parasol discussion or anything, but...thought this was interesting. From the "Underworld" thread -

There's also a new rogue ARC (one of the defectors, I'm guessing?) - Alpha-66, "Muzzle"

10. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Muzzle's organization, the Aurodium Sword merc group, has taken jobs for criminals and Imperial allies. It isn't specifically stated whether A-66 actually defected, though it does say that the Imps are suspicious of his friendship with Wookiees. My guess is that he's more neutral than anything.

11. JudroBathens

JudroBathens Jedi Master star 1

Apr 10, 2002
    Ah, most interesting, in light of my earlier question. I would have to imagine that the Nulls would give the Empire fits, since they are loyal to Kal and Kal alone... and that this Rogue Cell Division would probably have a hard time keeping track of 'em, to boot.

In re: the umbrellas... I... I have no words.

12. Commander5052

Aug 28, 2005
    I just acquired my first ARC trooper action figure courtesy of E-bay. I have named him Stec, after the new ARC from the NEGTD.
    Why am I posting? Well, ner vode it's been one year since I registered here at the JC, and i want to thank the ARC thread for giving me the impetus to sign up.
    So Q_M, Corran_Fett, Tam_Elgrin, Ph0enix, and others, thanks for making one of the best threads here on the Lit board.[:D]

13. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Congrats, C5052! :) Your anniversary nearly falls with my birthday, three days ago... :p :D

Oh, and btw... everyone notice my new icon, Kal Skirata?! [face_mischief] :p

14. Roain_Xantos

Roain_Xantos Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    Feliz cumpleaños, C_F, and feliz aniversario, Commander! *confetti*

-Roain <><

15. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Briikase gote'tuur, ner burc'ya.[face_peace]

16. Ryan_Kaufman

Ryan_Kaufman DHC Author & Former LucasArts Content Supervisor star 3 VIP

Mar 15, 2005
    I figured someone would spot Muzzle, and sooner or later he'd show up here. Yee-haw!

Yeah, I will reveal more about Muzzle's relationship to the Empire later. It's ... complicated... ;)

17. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Yeah, what he said. :p

Has it really been a year? It's been great fun.

18. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    from the image, it looks like one of Muzzle's colleagues is the wookiee bounty hunter Snoova.... or is it just a common style among free wookiees?

i do want to know more about Alpha-66 and his Aurodium Sword work...

19. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It's Snoova.

20. Commander5052

Aug 28, 2005
    Well, well, well, a little tidbit from Bloodlines I just discovered:Taun We tells Boba that Skirata and the Nulls killed Ko Sai. The book (or at least the Wookiepedia article :p) didn't say whether the clones got their aging decelerated.

21. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Massive clone-related Bloodlines spoilers: My boys live!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ko Sai got tracked down and sent back to Kamino in pieces. Her research disappeared. There's a Mando running around in Kaminoan-leather gloves with the clan name Skirata and claiming to have fought on Geonosis. Also, there's a Mando named Kad'ika agitating for Fett to take a more proactive role as Mand'alor and being set up for a role as the next Mandalore. Both of these characters are mentioned but not seen, but it seems clear that the Nulls, at least, survived and were returned to normal aging, and Kad'ika is Darman's boy.

22. Mandalorian_Crusader

Mandalorian_Crusader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2005
    Some people on these boards are going to have aneurisms over that.:p

23. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    I can't believe I forgot this: the Null has Kal'buir's knife, which means he's almost certainly my man Ordo. Fett's looking for him to see if he can get help in his own battle with mortality.

24. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Looks like we're getting more of the 501st, soon. On this preview image for Dark Times they're getting pretty much owned, tho...

[image=http://images.darkhorse.com/darkhorse/index_images/zones/starwars/darktimespreview1.jpg]
    [face_mischief]

As for the Bloodlines stuff: I hope the clone (Skirata) is Ordo. But the question is, were the Nulls on Geonisis? [face_thinking] And for Kad'ika, my bet's on Dar's and Etain's son, too.

Oh, and btw, this is my 2001st post. [face_worried] 8-}
    And all that started because of this thread... I'd never found to TFN hadn't it been for this thread. [:D] [face_peace]

25. Commander5052

Aug 28, 2005
    Corran, the Nulls were at Geonosis IIRC. Skirata remarks in TZ how he had spent "five miserable days without family."
    EDIT: Congrats on your 2001st post, ner vod!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.