main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Alpha, the ARC Troopers and the Commandos Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediTrilobite, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    My first point is that ARC Troopers are not your typical Clone Troopers. That because they haven't been altered as heavily as most clone troopers, they could be able to decide to change the colors they wear to make it more difficult for the opposition to target officers, and take them out, because of the color on the armor.

My second point is that because the ARC Troopers are a special breed, making their officers an even more special breed, the Republic could have made the descion to issue the traditional colors denoting officer's in the clone army so as to protect ARC Trooper officers from being easily targeted. It's going to take time with both regular Clone Troopers and ARC Troopers to train new officers, but the fewer of a particular group you have, the fewer potential officer canidates you have.

And thanks Valiento for making it sound as if I had absolutely no point at all.

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I understood you.

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "And thanks Valiento for making it sound as if I had absolutely no point at all."

Sorry man, I typed that out when I was tired, and didn't think of the right way to word that, and was trying for neutral stance, which I obviously messed up doing.

I thought you might be offended by the "What's your point" crack, and was trying to point out that you might take offense to that, without trying to offend the person who made the comment, or being misinterpreted as being aggressive, in order to keep things neutral.

Any offense made on my part was merely an accident, but I'm sorry for doing it, so forgive me if you are willing, :(.

4. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Now that we have this cleared up, something I just thought about doing:

ARC Troopers Appear in the following works:

Republic Comics
    Cestus Deception
    Clone Wars Cartoon
    Pengalan Tradeoff
    League of Spies (Most likely)
    Anywhere I missed?

5. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    What is 'League of Spies'? I've never heard of that.

6. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    It's Allston's next story, which will be the next Insider Story.
    It's sort of a sequel to Pengalan Tradeoff.

7. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    Oh, okay. I thought it was a novel or something. I knew Allston was doing a sequal to his earlier Insider story, but I didn't know what it was called.

8. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I wish that he had a Clone Wars novel with those characters... Pengalan Tradeoff should have been a novel... :D

9. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Name Change! Discussion open to all ARC exploits...

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    yay

So when do we get to see the ARCs in the cartoon again?

The next episode is the Mon Calamari and Kit Fisto Episode...

11. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    probably later on. We need to see them link up with Obi-Wan's forces, although there was another ARC in the 4th episode.

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Most if not all of the the 4th episode takes place before the crash of the ARC's ship in episode 2 according to the behind the scenes commentary, btw. The gun shown in the distance in various shots is the same gun that the ARCs take out in episode 3.

What scene in ep 4, had the ARC trooper?

13. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    A barrage of laser fire destroys an AAT and some droids, an ARC trooper runs out and waves the SPHA-Ts onward and then they begin to bombard the city.

14. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    And just the beginning overlaps the 3rd episode, because in the commentary, they mention that the gun is destroyed just before we meet Durge.

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Funny, that Obi-Wan would send one loan ARC trooper to lead the regular clone trooper ranks, when they are special ops best suited to special missions, and when there is a need for a small group of soldiers to get past enemy lines, or finish missions that would be suicide for anyone else.

"And just the beginning overlaps the 3rd episode, because in the commentary, they mention that the gun is destroyed just before we meet Durge."

Which commentary? The one I heard, he just says its the same one that was destroyed in episode 3, and that they are playing around with continuity. It never specified if it is destroyed in episode 4.

16. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Hyperspace. When everyone is in the control room and the room shakes, that's the ARC Troopers destroying the stationary gun. That was in the hyperspace commentary.

17. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    OK, thanks. That still doesn't appear to explain why a loan arc trooper would be away from the rest of his units...

18. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    I kinda figured the artillery gun was getting destroyed and that's why Durge was being dispatched - the IGBC guys even say "They destroyed the main gun!" or something to that effect.

19. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    That still doesn't appear to explain why a loan arc trooper would be away from the rest of his units...

There are probably more ARCs there than went on that particular mission. Some might be given command over a grouop of clones if there are no jedi to lead them, or they may be there as tactical assistance or scouting, after all, it is Advanced RECON Clone...

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    So what happened to the regular clonetrooper officers? Shouldn't they be more common than Arc trooper officers? They would be better suited to leading a large group of clonetroopers, when ARCs are designed more for special forces missions.

21. Ph0enix

Jul 22, 2002
    So what happened to the regular clonetrooper officers? Shouldn't they be more common than Arc trooper officers? They would be better suited to leading a large group of stormtroopers, when ARCs are designed more for special forces missions.

yeah... [face_blush]
    That's the only problem...My thoughts were that its a smaller group of clones and that the ARCs were fufilling the R part of their name.

22. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "That's the only problem...My thoughts were that its a smaller group of clones and that the ARCs were fufilling the R part of their name."

I'm not sure but I think recon scouts in the military are supposed to go way ahead of a group a few thousand feet to miles and tell them what is coming up before they get there (to avoid ambushes). Not be with the group, so close, that they don't have time to know what is up ahead.

Main Entry: re·con·nais·sance
    Pronunciation: ri-'kä-n&-z&n(t)s, -s&n(t)s
    Function: noun
    Etymology: French, literally, recognition, from Middle French reconoissance -- more at RECOGNIZANCE
    Date: 1810
    : a preliminary survey to gain information; especially : an exploratory military survey of enemy territory

I.E. he couldn't have been doing recon, because he was not doing a preliminary survey before the rest of the forces reached there. He was just with the group and therefore didn't have any time to warn anyone what was coming up.

23. Ph0enix

Jul 22, 2002
    yeah, when you put it that way...

I still don't understand why he's there-

Lookie

24. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm sorry I snapped, Valiento. And you're right, asking "What's you're point?" can be annoying. But it's a little easier to take if you figure they don't follow. It was just that your post immediately after just really felt like you were saying I had no idea what I was saying so "let's just pat him on the head, humor him, and go about our disscusion. I knew exactly what I was saying and that was trying to explain why regular Clone Troopers might not change their colors so as to offer their officers a better chance at preventing themselves from being targeted because of their rank.

25. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    The Marines have their own special ops, the Marine Recon. Recon guys are tasked to find stuff, but also to take out anything if needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.