Chic, IL The Official AMC South Barrington Theater Line Thread

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Yah, that was the lifeline of many a TPM-liner-upper-dude during '99.

I haven't bought it because I figure I know just about every answer (lol, I'm not bragging, but this game was made for the general public, not just for SW freaks ;), so I can't imagine the questions being THAT hard).
  2. KongZilla Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Damn. That's too bad. Maybe SW Monopoly will be the answer. No other take along board games? I don't feel like buying a NoteBook PC just to play SW trivia in line. :D
  3. madchimp Jedi Youngling

star 1
    WOW---if you guys manage to get to actually wait in line early----GOOD LUCK. Stinking suburbia----we camped out only the day before at Marcus Addison and the Cops kept coming by and kicking everyone away---they didn't want anyone waiting out for tickets. There must have been 20 or so of us when the Cops decided enough was enough.

MADCHIMP
  4. BASSOFeeSH Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The midnight showing will most likely be at midnight on the 16th.(Which means you get there at about 7pm on the 15th)

p.s. I was one of the two guys dressed up as Maul back in '99.

This year is probably gonna be Anakin...I'm building his saber from some props I bought off Ebay.
  5. dstagl Jedi Youngling

Hey, does anybody remember, were there Klingons at the AMC midnight show? I remember a few at the Celebration, but I don't remember if any showed up for the midnight showing.

Dave

6. BASSOFeeSH Jedi Youngling

star 1
    No, but I do remember that some guy in our theatre was messing around with a laser pointer. The management threatened to NOT show TPM & some dude freaked out in the back of the theatre.
  7. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Let's all make an agreement, okay?

If some guy brings a laser pen and starts pointing it around- We bust him. :D Either by (A) telling the AMC management or (B) physically carrying him outside and locking the doors behind us. ;)

I actually think (B) would be more fun and effective. [face_devil]
  8. dstagl Jedi Youngling

That sounds rather kind. This is a laser pointer we're dealing with. Anyways, laser pointers aren't the real problem anymore. It's cel phones. I think several announcements before the show of, "Please turn off your cel phones, " would be a good start. Violators will be thrown off the balcony overlooking the entrance.

Dave
  9. BoB Moderator Emeritus

star 4
    At an event like this I'm pretty sure if someones cell phone does ring it will promptly be thrown against the floor and stomped on until it stops by a nearby fan.
  10. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    BoB, I actually laughed out loud at that one. [face_laugh]

Maybe I'll buy some construction boots before I see the movie to make sure that the cell is REALLy dead when I stomp it. :D

Oh, and throwing people over the balcony would work too. [face_devil]
  11. JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I went to see Blade 2 on Sunday at the South Barrington. About 20 minutes into the movie, someone's phone rang. The guy started to talk on the phone when, from what I saw, a guy behind him snatched the phone away and tossed it over the railing where you exit. It did take most of the patron's eyes off the movie for a bit but most of us clapped and cheered. Needless to say, the cell phone's owner went to retrieve the phone and didn't come back. Man, I love America!!
  12. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Me too. :D

Unfortunately, being 15, I'd get my butt whupped for grabbing someone's phone like that.
  13. JediAutobot Jedi Master

star 4
    Someone was playing with a laser pointer in Yorktown while we were waiting for the movie. Someone yelled out, "If you don't stop with the laser pointer I'll hurt you so bad your children will feel it." There were several cries of yes in agreement. The jerk tried once more, someone shouted, "It came from over there. The rest of the theatre focused in on the spot with several of us standing up for a better look. Needlessly to say, they stopped. :D

Carrie
  14. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    OO! OO! I want a chance to help beat someone up at AOTC's midnight showing. :D
  15. BoB Moderator Emeritus

star 4
    I bet if we start a fight we'll get on the news.
  16. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Sure, fine with me.

...So long as we still get to see AOTC. [face_shocked]
  17. BASSOFeeSH Jedi Youngling

star 1
    "Costumed freaks cause riot in suburn theatre....news at 10."
  18. BoB Moderator Emeritus

star 4
    If you really want it to get all over the news, make sure it is a fight between people dressed up in Star wars costumes verses people dressed up in Star Trek costumes.
  19. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Yah, I saw news reports of that for TPM. Some trekkies were shouting "Where's your Vader now? Where's your Vader now?"

Yah.... whatever THAT means. :-\
  20. JediJeff13 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Did they say that in Klingon?? :)
  21. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    No. :p

...Because I could understand them. :D
  22. WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Okay, some thoughts/questions from a layperson (not 'lameperson' or 'laidperson' although the latter doesn't sound bad).

-Anyways, what's the deal with waiting in line for tickets vs buying them online (for South Barrington AMC)??? Dates of both??? And waiting in line stories are for actually claiming seats, right?

-From those of you who have seen a movie in the DLP theater, is it really all it's cracked up to be??? Even if not, could it be good for AOTC since it was filmed digitally??

-Are most of you going to the midnight showing, or the showings during the day/evening of the 16th??? Will the theater and/or lines be less congested during the day of the 16th???

-If somebody in front of me even hints at touching their cell phone during AOTC, I'm going to stuff a plastic Wallgreen's bag over their head and strangle them.

Any thoughts, feedback, questions, derrogatory remarks would be helpful; any help appreciated.

Thanks
  23. BASSOFeeSH Jedi Youngling

star 1
    If I recall, most if not all of the online ticket sites crashed when TPM tickets were released. And all tickets were releases one week in advance at like 2:00 PM or so.

Usually theaters start selling 2 weeks in advance, but it really supposed to be up to Lucasfilm I think(or at least that's how I understand it).

Still, I heard somewhere(this thread maybe even?) that tickets may be available online one month in advance(I hope not, because there's no telling where I'll be in two weeks!!)

Finally, if someone in my vicinity goes for their cell phone I'll be sure to hit them up-side the head with my 3 lb. lightsaber prop.
  24. BoB Moderator Emeritus

star 4
    I couldn't get in line a week in advance becasue of work and school, so I tried to get tickets through ticket master but both the phone and online were tied up pretty badly and I couldn't get through. So I couldn't see the midnigh show but I was able to go see it opening day at a theater that didn't do the advance tickets.

As for quality I think I said it earlier inthe thread I saw Final fantasy in the DLP theater, and didn't notice that much of an improvement in quality. I'm sure it will be different if as the run goes on since it won't get worn out like film, but opening night I seriously doubt the DLP will be noticably better.
  25. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Windexed,

I like the plastic bag idea. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.