main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL The Official AMC South Barrington Theater Line Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dstagl

dstagl Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    I had a friend camp out, and it turned out that it really wasn't necessary to camp out to buy tickets. There were plenty to go around. I think even for the midnight show. We had tickets in the prime theatre for the midnight and then tickets again in another of the prime theatres for the next night. I'm hoping to get to the first show again(hopefully midnight), otherwise I'll just hit the first showing on opening day.

Dave

2. Octavya

Octavya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 1998
    I'm confused. Are ya'll talking about standing in line for tickets or standing in line for the movie? Or both?

Since I'm not working anymore I have nothing to do so I'd be happy to come join you in line, but I'm not waiting overnight anywhere. I just want to make sure that all of us who intend to go to the midnight showing get a ticket, including myself.

-Oct

3. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    For downtown, we were in line twice - we got in line Sunday for the Wednesday ticket sales. Then we all went home and then got back into line for the show itself the night before.

~H~

4. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Though it may not be necessary to be in line to get tickets for the first show....it seemed to be the consensus of most people there that they didn't want to risk the possibility of not getting premiere show tix. Many people in line had cell-phones and couldn't get through for a few hours after sales opened at 2pm. I don't know anyone that got premiere tix online as all servers were down.
    Granted they say they're going to increase server capacity for this...but, who's willing to risk it.
    Besides, it's not even the tickets that are the reason for camping out...it's the fans. There's nothing like spending the night with 400 fellow Star Wars fanatics.......in the rain.

5. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    You forgot the naked part, Bosh.

All 400 naked every Thursday.

6. BASSOFeeSH

BASSOFeeSH Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2000
    Has anyone called AMC recently?

Perhaps I'll call this evening.

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    That'd be great if you could. :)

I actually know one of the employees there and I asked him if they're going to have a midnight showing for AOTC and he said yes. He said they will probably have one for Spiderman as well. :)

8. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I talked to a manager last week(seems like a new mgr. every time I ask for one) and he said that he had no info but he guessed they would run it like last time, with no one allowed in the lot before 7:00am the day of ticket sales. The wife and I are going tomorrow to see Blade 2 so I'll see if I get anything new to report.

9. BASSOFeeSH

Nov 10, 2000
    I'm more interested in the DATE that they go on sale...gotta take off work ya know. ;)

10. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Same here.......probably be exactly a week before, May 9th, but who knows.

11. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    They reported a probable 2 weeks before on TF.N. :)

12. BASSOFeeSH

Nov 10, 2000
    I hope its like last time because I'm on vaction that week so it won't be a problem. :)

13. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I'll be at the Star Wars Celebration if it's 2 weeks before. [face_shocked]

Uh oh....

14. TK895

TK895 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2000
    There will be no overnight camping out at the AMC 30 in Barrington for ATOC. The city will not allow it and the theatre does not want it.

But you can show up anytime the day of the midnight show and line up. As of right now they have not committed to a midnight show. It will probably happen but they have not gotten approval from the home office.

I am in constant contact with the area manager and the theatre manager about this event. if anyone has any questions feel free to contact me. I'm not trying to steal anyones gig, only trying to keep the confusion to a minimum.

Dave and Heather you have mail.

15. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    DAMN!!! THIS IS MY GIG!!! WHO HAS STOLEN MY THUNDER??? :)Just kidding. I figured it would go the same as last time. But, if you, TK, or anyone else in the 501st would like to combine our strenghts, I was thinking of having people meet at my house and leave for there when it opens.(I live like 5 minutes away)

16. BoB

BoB Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    What time did they allow people to get in line for tickets? I know last time THe marcus addison wouldn't let people get in line until 8.

17. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I'm planning around 7 (for the AMC).

18. dstagl

dstagl Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    I'll go early to lineup for the midnight with you guys. I don't know if my wife will go, though....oh well. I don't know how early I'll want to get off work, though, because I think I still want to take that Friday off. Then I can walk out of a 5pm into the night crowds muttering loudly: *&%^ing Jar Jar for two hours!! Why?!

Dave

19. BASSOFeeSH

Nov 10, 2000
    All I want to know is what day the tickets go on sale.

20. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Hopefully not while some of us are at the Celebration. [face_shocked]

21. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Found this on theforce.net

U.S. Advance Tickets Date?
    Thu, Apr 11, 02 03:18:22 PM EDT

A reader sent this in:

Just by chance found a message on the website for the Grand Lake Theater in Oakland, CA, that they will begin selling advance tickets for AOTC at their box office on MAY 3.
    Here is a link to their site: http://www.renaissancerialto.com/future/grandlake.htm

This same message appears on the page for their sister theater, the Orinda, in Orinda, CA.

We have word that this may be the advance ticket date for ALL theaters. We'll let you know for sure ASAP.

22. BASSOFeeSH

Nov 10, 2000
    I went to see "Panic Room" tonight...good flick.

Anyway, I asked two different people behind the customer service desk if they had any info. They didn't. The best they could tell me was to keep calling them.

I would've asked to speak to a manager, but my girlfriend wouldn't have it. ;)

23. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Jodo, yah, I know, this is causing a ruckuss amomg the people going to the Celebration- May 3rd is the first day of the Celebration. :(

Bah, over 25,000 hardcore fans not going to be able to buy tickets for opening night.

Smart move LFL. [face_plain]

24. dstagl

dstagl Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    My guess is tickets will be on sale 1 week, 2 at the most before the first show. I worked for Cineplex Odeon in high school and you didn't know what you were getting the week before at the local level. I don't think any of the theatre chains in the U.S. are that much farther along. Look at any of their websites and you most likely won't be able to see Friday's times until sometimes Wednesday, but usually Thursday. It's not a hard and fast rule, but still seems to be the norm.

If tix do go on sale during the Celebration, I'll get a bunch because I'm skipping it this time. I wasn't overly blown away by the last one. Although, I kind of wish I was going this year....

Dave

25. BoB

BoB Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    There are rumors that it might not be at midnight. THere is a rumor that the first show might be at the same exact instnce all across the world, so according to who's timezone they go by the first show might be at 10 pm wendsday or 2 in the morning, or any other time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.