main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL The Official AMC South Barrington Theater Line Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK895

TK895 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2000
    That is only a rumor. The theatre chains are just awaiting word from Fox and the head offices to announce the midnight shows.

2. High_55

High_55 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
    I've never been to a Digital Showing of anything, let along the south barrington theater. I plan on seeing something this or next friday there. Anybody have any input on what it's like there - sound, picture quality, etc.

3. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I saw Final Fantasy and Monsters Inc. there. Don't know what a live-action like AotC would look like. But, it's like HDTV where it's not necessarily "better" just that the picture is still mega-crisp even when you're way up close. You can see the pixelation when very very close...but maybe that's just because I was watching all CGI movies.

4. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Giving this thread a bump........

I will be out of town for the week(and not even at the Celebration!!!) so if anyone has any questions regarding the AMC lineup, email or PM JediJeff13 or your questions will be left unanswered for a bit!!

Mark

5. PinkMoonEP

PinkMoonEP Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2002
    Man...I wish I could wait in line. Grr, damn rentals.

Someone of y'all should keep a journal of the line. Post it on the site. That would be muchas cool.

Hmm...I smell a short documentary coming from all of this..*runs off to grab friend with camera*

:)
    PM

6. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yes. I'm glad Mark beat me to it. With Mark out of town, I go from helpy-helperton 2nd fiddle of the Barrington line to KING!!!!

I AM KING OF THE LINE!!!! LET THERE BE AN ADUNDANT FEAST!! BRING ME THE FINEST MEATS AND CHEESES IN ALL THE LAND!!!

Ummm.....sorry. Anwway, fire me questions if ya got any either PM (which, in all respect I hate) or via email at jedijeff13@hotmail.com.

end of line.

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    CFers seem nice and sane. :)

....Except that guy. :p

8. StarChicWars

StarChicWars Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2000
    Your instincts serve you well, young Sithman. Our friend JJ has much learning yet to do, while you already show much talent.

SCW

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Heck, any thread he posts in.... Especially the BBQ one. [face_shocked]

10. BASSOFeeSH

BASSOFeeSH Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2000
    With the new headline on the front page we really need to call on this.

I'm going to call, but can't until around 5pm.

I REALLY hope that tickets don't go on sale friday...

11. BASSOFeeSH

Nov 10, 2000
    I just got off the phone with AMC....all they could tell me is that tickets go on sale friday.

12. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    You just called the AMC Barrington? What's their number? I can't find it in 2 different phone books! :_|

13. BASSOFeeSH

Nov 10, 2000
    175 Studio Drive
    South Barrington, IL 60010
    (847)765-7262

actually...dial (847) 765 - 2262 & wait for a customer service person.

Please confirm this if possible.

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I just got off the phone with them (thanks)...
    -----------------------------
    TICKETS GO ON SALE:
    - 10:30AM
    - Friday, May 3rd
    -----------------------------

Thankfully my bro is going to buy tickets for me while I'm at the Celebration. :) Still, I wish it wasn't set up this way. :(

15. dstagl

dstagl Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    So what's the plan for getting tickets. Maybe I'll get in on this after all. I'm gettin' juiced. The script is on my agenda to read tonight...

Dave

16. JediCoz

JediCoz Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    So what's going on? Did they really move the digital projector to Canada? If they did then I'm just gonna go see it at a theater closer to me. I was really looking forward to seeing it digitally.

17. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Well, it?s looking fairly definite that tickets for the AMC in South Barrington will go on sale on Friday at 10:30.

Mark is out of town at the moment, and Jeff hasn?t surfaced, but I?ll post what I know:

People cannot get onto theater property until 7 am.

Tickets are scheduled to go on sale at 10:30 am.

Tickets will also be available on-line and over the phone.

Just to re-iterate, I urge anyone that can swing it to order at least a few additional tickets for fellow members that will be out of state or unavailable.

~Heather~

18. JediCoz

JediCoz Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    tickets are available online?! sweet!

19. BASSOFeeSH

Nov 10, 2000
    Last time I tried to use my cell phone from the AMC line & a friend tried to order online. Neither worked back in '99.

Also the rep told me that we could start lining up "at dawn, but no earlier than sunrise." lol

20. matt_maul

matt_maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2001
    "it was just before dawn, they came out of nowhere" - Anonymous AMC Employee

21. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Getting there at SUNRISE? Ooooooooooooh crud. I told my brother to get there around 9:45AM or so. Now I realized that's probably WAY too late. When should he get there if he wants to get 8 tickets for the midnight showing? (I can't go because I'll be at the CII)

22. BASSOFeeSH

Nov 10, 2000
    Last time they started letting people in the lot around 7am...

I got there just as people were being let in but I was still almost 100 people back(I don't remember exactly....but I was back back the first set of door off to the side).

23. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    So, if he got there around 8, would he be able to get midnight tickets? If I went I'd get there at 7, but he's not going to be as enthusiastic as I am.

So, when should I tell him to get there?

24. Acacian

Acacian Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Sorry to burst everyone's bubble about Barrington but it seems that they moved their DLP (Digital Projector) up to Canada. The story can be found at theforce.net. I am also calling the theater to confirm this as I was planning on attending the EPII release at South Barrington as well.

D@MN Canadians!!

Cheers

25. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    As soon as possible. The good thing is that not as many people will know about the ticket sales, so hopefully even if he gets there at 8 he may get tickets.

But it's hard to give an definite answer.

~Heather~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.