main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL The Official AMC South Barrington Theater Line Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "if he gets there at 8 he may get tickets.

But it's hard to give an definite answer.
    "

Holy...... I'm going to have to do a heckuva lot of convincing here. :-\

2. MJedi

MJedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 17, 2000
    Are the tickets that they'll be selling be for the midnight showing only, or any date after that?

And how does this work if I have tickets already? Will I still need to fall in line outside the theater, or I just go in to the line outside the movie screen?

I'm new to this. :)

Has the news about South Barrington losing its DLP projector been confirmed? I have a bad feeling about this. :(

Thanks.

3. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Are the tickets that they'll be selling be for the midnight showing only, or any date after that?

They usually put tickets for all shows on sale at the same time.

And how does this work if I have tickets already? Will I still need to fall in line outside the theater, or I just go in to the line outside the movie screen?

The day of the show, people will still line up outside the theater so that they can get good seats, goof around with other fans, and create a good camera shot for the 5 pm news. I would not recommend arriving at 11:45 pm and expect to get good seats.

Has the news about South Barrington losing its DLP projector been confirmed? I have a bad feeling about this.

Several people have received the same information, but I don't know that there has been any kind of 'official' announcement.

Hint: You can always come down to McClurg. We have lots of fun. :D

~Heather~

4. BASSOFeeSH

BASSOFeeSH Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2000
    If the internet & phone ordering serverices work this time even those in line may have a hard time getting tickets.

So bring your cell phones just in case!

5. BASSOFeeSH

BASSOFeeSH Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2000
    I just called again to clarify when we could start lining up 7 was told 8am!!

So far I've been told:

-sunrise
    -7am
    -8am
    -whenever you were allowed to last time(7am?)

6. ObiWanJane

ObiWanJane Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 1999
    I've already encountered a problem with trying this by phone:

When you call (847)765-7262, the voice mail prompts you to "dial 3 for another date." Problem is -- it doesn't explain HOW to enter the date you want!!

Does anyone know the secret for entering "May 16, 2002"?

7. padme_nwarehime

padme_nwarehime Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    type in 05 and 16. that worked for me. of course there were no movies to choose from cause they didn't go on sale yet.

8. ObiWanJane

Oct 19, 1999
    Actually, I tried it again and it now seems to work.

It first asks you to enter the month (5) then the day (16). Much easier!

:)

9. MrShiny

MrShiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Just got 2 for 12:01AM - NOTE - enter 05 15 as the date

10. dstagl

dstagl Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    I just got 3 for 12:01 on the 15th of May by using the AMC phone number, too.

I listened to the times for the 16th, and it doesn't sound like they're going to have as many showings this time around, but maybe they've just got it showing on a ton of screens at the same time.

Dave

11. podracerdave

podracerdave Jedi Master

Mar 10, 2002
    Thanks Mr. Shiny...you would think the 12:01 showing would have been for the 5/16 date, but 05 15 worked for me - I got 4 tix! A few more hours at work, then I'm off to Celebration II! The hype machine has begun!

12. ObiWanJane

Oct 19, 1999
    Why does it ask for my four digit expirration # "as it appears on my card" --- the rejects it? I've tried three credit cards and it's not working.

13. podracerdave

podracerdave Jedi Master

Mar 10, 2002
    Jane, mine was June 2002, so I entered 0602 and it seemed to work...

14. MrShiny

MrShiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I didn't have trouble - mine was 04 03 and it worked fine

15. ObiWanJane

Oct 19, 1999
    I've tried it several times and I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I get through the whole thing and it says the date is not valid! Anyway, I asked my boyfriend to try with his card.

16. MJedi

Mar 17, 2000
    What time will you guys line up for the midnight showing, assuming you got tickets already? What's a good time to line up?

I was hoping the poll would answer this since I'm interested as well.

I didn't want to go through the craziness I would expect from a midnight showing, so I got tickets for the first showing in the morning of May 16. Unless the craziness is worth it, and I don't have to line up so early in the morning of May 15, I might change my mind and watch at midnight. :)

17. padme_nwarehime

padme_nwarehime Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I am going to the midnight showing. I would be interested in lining up as well. i am sure as soon as the chicagoforce comes back we should here more. they said they were gonna line up as soon as they get back but i don't think barrington will allow lines all that time if they didn't allow lines til 7:00 this morning. And if I see it in Barrington, I don't know if I want to get in line at McClurg. Suggestions?

18. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    There is no overnight camping at the AMC.

The line at Mcclurg was supposed to start after Celelbration, but that was to be for tickets. The line for themovie will start later, TBA.

19. matt_maul

matt_maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2001
    I thought you were away without internet access, H...

ah well. McClurg is such an enigma...

20. ObiWanJane

Oct 19, 1999
    Well, my boyfriend got tickets without a problem on the phone. Strange, huh? Didn't work for me, but he must have the power of the Light Side!

So now we have tickets to the Midnight show. Great! Strange how you had to enter 5/15 to get the 12:01am showtime. That was little confusing at first, but we figured it out before actually buying them.

I really don't want to start lining up more than a few hours before!

:)

21. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Hi there from California!!

Well, it's me, the "line captain" to the AMC but have yet to get tix!!! I have been trying online to get them and on the phone but the websites say no tix available and the phone has always been busy!!! GRRRR!!
    Looks like no midnite showing for lil o'me.

Mark(yet another person not at Celebration)

22. MJedi

Mar 17, 2000
    For those of you who bought tickets through moviewatcher.com or on the phone, do we get our tickets from the booth, or from those automatic booths? Has anyone done this before? What a disadvantage that even though we got tickets already, we don't have them on hand... so we still have to fall in line at the booths. What bantha poodoo. :(

I guess the only advantage in buying in advance is that we don't get sold out on the tickets.

What time is a good time to go to AMC for the midnight showing? I need advice. Thanks. :)

23. Octavya

Octavya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 1998
    I haven't gotten any tickets yet either. I probably won't go until Friday or Saturday. No midnight showings for me either.

Mark and I have officially started the Star Wars Ticket Losers Club.

-Oct

24. dstagl

dstagl Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    OK, I picked up my tickets tonight. I ordered them over the phone along with some tix to see Spiderman tonight. We went into the lobby and right up to one of the automated box offices--the ATM like ticket things they've got. Stick in the credit card you ordered the tix with, and a screen pops up saying something to the effect of: We've found your tickets!

Then you can either print your tickets or order more. When I said print, I ended up with the Spidey tickets(what a great movie!!!) and my Star Wars tickets. So if you ordered by phone and want to go pick them up, head on over and get them, and I would recommend you see Spiderman while you're there.

So, my show is in Theatre 15 which is one of the big four. Did anybody get a different theatre?

Dave

25. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.