main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL The Official AMC South Barrington Theater Line Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Mark and I have officially started the Star Wars Ticket Losers Club.

Can I join? :confused:

I'm trying to get something set up, but it doesn't even look like I'm gonna be able to make opening night...or even the first week, now, thanks to various other commitments I've got in my life right now.

Never thought the day would come.

Looks like acquiring the tickets might not be a problem, but actually going to see the damn movie...aye, there's the rub. Between my firm job and other academic and travel circumstances, yikes. But as far as my personal reasons, I can't really complain, as my Significant Other knows what I'm going through (since we couldn't make it to Celebration II this weekend, and we're both in school at the same time), and sympathizes enormously.

That makes it all pretty worthwhile.

:)

2. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Ok, I have just got home and have been trying to get tix but no avail. Has anyone have 1 extra???? I would SOOOOOO appreciate it!!!!!! Give me an email or a private message!!!!!

Thanks!

Mark

3. padme_nwarehime

padme_nwarehime Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I may have some extra tickets to the Barrington midnight show if anyone is interested. Email me at nwarehime@hotmail.com with the number you will need. Thanks, nancy

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    My brother got midnight tickets for the Midnight Show at Barrington AMC 30. :D

I'm a lucky dog. :D

5. Octavya

Octavya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 1998
    Yeah...but I waited for tickets, and I am going to go see it in digital at the Loews theatres. :p

-Oct

6. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I was at the Celebration, so I couldn't wait in line back in Chicago. :p

7. podracerdave

podracerdave Jedi Master

Mar 10, 2002
    What time is everyone going to start waiting in line on the 15th at Barrington? I have to work until 5pm, so I'm thinking of stopping by after I get off work. Will AMC allow us to start a line outside the theatre?

8. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I was gonna get there around 7ish. :)

9. PinkMoonEP

PinkMoonEP Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2002
    Sithman, you're 15 and you get to wait in line??? What the *expletive* did you tell your rentals?

PMEP

10. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Um, I asked them, and they said it was fine.

:D

I'm going with 6 friends and my bro too.

I have nice parents. :D

11. padme_nwarehime

padme_nwarehime Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I am going to Barrington cause I got tickets earlier when most people were planning to go there or McClurg. Are we still gonna line up there? Pre-episode II parties?

12. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Well, it seems the AMC ranks are shrinking due to the loss of the digital screen there. Our co-line captain Jeff will be heading up to the Streets of Woodfield theater and, if there is a big enough response for the AMC, I will be over there.

More info to follow.

13. ObiWanJane

ObiWanJane Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 1999
    It's true that Streets of Woodfield and McClurg have digital presentations, but neither theatre has Midnight showings!

Personally, I know I can go see a digital show any old time. But my boyfriend and I have our hearts set on a Midnight show because it's so much fun!

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Darn straight Jane. I'll see it digitally sometime later, but I want the midnight madness hyper-frenzy of a midnight showing.

I want to see it with the fans at midnight, not at 9:30 in the morning digitally.

15. PinkMoonEP

PinkMoonEP Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2002
    *sobs*

PM

16. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Midnight shows are fun, I know, but the opening show in 1999 at McClurg was at 10 am, or thereabouts, and we had a HUGE crowd that was totally awsome. I think it all depends on the theater and the crowd.

~H~

17. MJedi

MJedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 17, 2000
    If I was going to watch the 11:45am showing on May 16, what's a good time to go there and fall in line in order to get the best seats? Thanks. :)

18. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Hey hey! This is the *Barrington AMC* boys. :p You over at McClurg can post in that thread. ;)

19. MrShiny

MrShiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    OK - so what's this about moving to Woodfield? Are they doing a midnight show? Any word on when their tickets will go on sale? If they are doing midnight, I'm there - much easier for me to get to than S. Barr. I bet the theatre will refund my tickets gladly. Let me know on Woodfield details! Are we going to try to sell some shirts?

20. MrShiny

MrShiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Just called Woodfield and they say they are definitely NOT doing a midnight show.

21. MJedi

MJedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 17, 2000
    The closest thing in this forum that is discussing the showing at Loews at Streets of Woodfield can be found in this thread.

22. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I personally have not made up my mind. Being a member of CF, the 501st and Rebel Legion, I have many hats to pick from. AMC Barrington was the Sherlock Holmes cap - I could do all three in one spot. Then the AMC bigwigs got frickin' stooooooopid, and sent the dlp north, pissing us off. We are still deciding what to do. Hopefully, the Midwest Garrison CO and Midwest Base commander will have a decision very soon. The big thing in the lack of midnight showings. Barrington has one, Skokie and Woodfield do not. Skokie and Woodfield have DLP, Barrington does not.

Decisions, decisions......

23. podracerdave

podracerdave Jedi Master

Mar 10, 2002
    I have 1 extra ticket for the midnight show at Barrtington...e-mail me direct at podracerdave@hotmail.com and you can send me $9 for the ticket and I can get the ticket to you ASAP. Enjoy the show!

24. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    The tickets cost $8.50, not $9. Scalping, are we?

25. dstagl

dstagl Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    If you ordered your tickets over the phone or on the internet there is a service charge on the tickets so they are more $$$.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.