main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Anakin Skywalker Fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Linari_Tanis, Dec 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ani_Lover

Ani_Lover Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2005
    It is.......:D [face_whistling] [face_dancing]

2. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2005
    Could it have anything to do with some of the pics of the Hayden thread?!

Wow! Page 299, I'm getting anxious [face_dancing]
    We've come a long way!

3. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    *extremely sly smile* Oh, now, I'm sure he does....reminds me very much of those moments aboard the Invisible Hand where it's Anakin at the helm, steering a shuddering, shaking, breaking-apart, smoldering wreck of a ship to a masterful and unmatched crash landing - and it's not even much of a proper ship left by that point, technically, just half a burning, bucking wreck which is basically flying apart like a comet as it plunges red-hot through the atmosphere - and yet Anakin, at the controls, forcing the ship where he wants it to go, steering a smoldering hulk which by all rights, and in anyone else's hands, undoubtedly would've been broken to smithereens *long* before....for anyone else, after all, a feat like that would've just been flatly, rankly *impossible*....yet for Anakin, the seemingly, for-anyone-else impossible is clearly only the merest smidge difficult, or even a wee bit taxing....if even that much. ;)
    But, yes - certainly talking about his look of sheer and *very* impressive, highly intimidating concentration and dead-set, unwavering focus like when he's strangling Obi singlehanded like that, bending him over backwards as though about to break him like a mere *twig* - talk about undeniably overpowering the situation, indeed! - and basically just taking full, complete and unmistakeable charge of the situation in an instant - in even as long as it took to lash out, get that throttling grip, in even but that mere, singular split-second - the dynamics of the duel changed yet again right there, the entire aspect of control and power shifting right back to Anakin....and all it takes is that one-handed strangling grip to see it, I think - *his* domination, *his* power....his determination and control, yep, as you quite rightly say there. :) And certainly when he's basically bending Obi over backwards like that, pretty well establishing just *who* is in charge here, who's the one truly dictating the fight....
    When, as you say, it's those shocking and brute-force physical, in-close moments where it's just *all* about Anakin's power, his domination, with the element of surprise and lightning-bolt speed on his side, with how he really need make only one move to show just what he's capable of, but a single one-handed lunge, that's all he needs right there....when all he's got to do is establish his dominance like that, and then he keeps right on establishing it....mmmmmmmm, yes, certainly that look of sheer, focussed, unyielding determination on his face, that utter intent which simply says *everything* for how he's either going to throttle Obi to death right then and there, or slit his throat with the lightsaber still in his hand, or basically break his spine if he pushes even a litlte bit further or harder....it's an expression which says quite well in itself just how very, *very* much he means business, how he's clearly *not* holding back in the slightest here....
    And, moreover, how it's probably a pretty safe bet that he'd every intention of following through there, whether in strangling to death right on the spot, a move I think ever more striking and powerful because he's doing it with his black-gauntleted hand....if you know what I mean ;) - or in bringing the lightsaber to bear with his other hand, or to basically just break Obi in half over the table....still, that indomitable, unyielding, breathtaking, deadly and grimly-intent expression of utter determination on his face the whole time, how he just - goes right ahead and does it....mmmmmmmm, yes, even that too has certainly always quite captivated me - right from the first time I saw it in the teaser trailer, in fact, and recovered from falling off the bed from the sheer overwhe

4. Ani_Lover

Dec 15, 2005
    [face_laugh] Yeah Dawn......the line should be " *I'M* coming in too hot".......

Damn right you are Anakin baby....... =P~ :p

5. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Dec 3, 2005
    [image=http://www.georgettesworld.com/main/anakin-too-hot.jpg]

Enough said!

6. Ani_Lover

Dec 15, 2005
    [face_laugh] Thanks for the pic.....It's adorable. (I saved it of course [face_blush] )

7. EquestrianJedi07

EquestrianJedi07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2006
    [face_laugh]

I don't think Anakin has been more right in his entire life [face_love]

8. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Dec 3, 2005
    He always spoke his mind, and this one was a must-have for me[face_love]

"I'm coming in way too hot!"

Well, Luke and Leia had too come from somewhere :p

9. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    MAS that pic is priceless :D
    Good job.

10. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    I agree that's a great pic M_A_S!

11. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    *chuckles* Well, yes, I suppose there's a very good reason it sounds like that, why it might've put you ever more in mind of that lovely scene, where Anakin is so clearly, so utterly and entirely at ease, so completely content not only within his own skin but also in, of course, actually where he *is* right then, simply in the circumstances of being there with the woman he most loves, the one who completes him in every way....simply, blessedly, purely, thankfully just *being* with her, completely comfortable and entirely happy, calm, soothed, at peace....such a beautiful moment which in itself is obviously *so* much what he's long needed, of course....such softness and tenderness, comfort and peace and love, as would of course be really nonexistent out there on the battlefield, amidst the chaos, blood, smoke, pain and death of war....any true, genuine, real tenderness and compassion, the soft touch of a loving hand or the brush of adoring lips upon his skin, well....

It's simply *not* to be had out there in the thick of war, obviously, not there for him when such things might have otherwise succored him....all the more reason why he'd of course be so thankfully, enthusiastically grateful and happy simply to be back in a place where he *can* in fact know such tenderness, such caring and compassion, the devoted touch of the one he most loves and who loves him, and her sweet, passionate whispers at his ear....never anything better or more purely, richly deserved, it seems to me....never anything that he would more cleave to, or be ever more grateful for....than that which brings him the most genuine peace in his life....that which fulfills him, makes him genuinely content, soothes his spirit utterly.... (and after all, he said it himself, her *presence* did of course soothe him!) ....nothing more wholly deserved for him, indeed, than that kind of happiness, suffusing contentment and comfort - of being back home again, truly whole again - loving and loved, again! :)

But, yes, as you quite rightly say 'ere, too....most certainly when I think of his beautiful, heartwarming, soul-satisfying, rich, suffusing, entirely content and wonderfully infectious laugh, for instance....how soul-deep, how full of mirth and happiness, love and light, it truly is....and how, of course, we only ever see him laugh like that, let go and truly *live* like that, of course with *Padme*....how it's the laugh of one completely unburdened, free-spirited, beautiful and buoyant, vibrant and rollicking, the purest form of expression of his happiness and contentment....just saying *everything* in itself for how very, *very* good he obviously actually feels....well, yes, I've always felt that to hear him laugh like that, rich and deep, throaty and purry - 'tis truly the most wonderful sound in the world....like the best possible, most sublimely lovely music to one's ears, indeed, and of course we'd only want most to hear more of it, to simply see and hear him that happy, feeling *good* like that! :)

And mmmmmmmm, yes, most assuredly I *have* long and pleasantly, happily lingered over such things as this lovely, tender, intimate balcony scene, for instance, as you say....and his wonderfully expressive, enticing, free-spirited, vibrant, living, loving, rich, deep soft laugh....although then, too, right alon gwith that I of course so well remember another time when we saw, and heard, him laughing so beautifully, so unrestrainedly happy, mischevious, joyful, energetic and just full of love, light and *li

12. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Dec 3, 2005
    I wish that there were a few more of those scenes (in RotS and AotC). There always the Special Editions, so who knows?

*please George Lucas, more gushing :p *

13. Ani_Lover

Dec 15, 2005
    Dawn you always desribe Anakin's smile and his laugh so beautifully.....[face_blush]

I'm with M_A_S, I wish there was more.....

*hint hint eh GL?? *

14. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Dec 3, 2005
    Hints!? NAHHH!

Threats will be more like it! :p

*George if you don't.....:) *

15. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    LOL maybe GL should have focused on Anakin's happiness a little more. It would be nice to have seen him smile in RotS rather than look like something was always brooding.

16. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Yea I do wish there were more happy moments for our Ani. He DOES have that briliant smile afterall. It seems like he didn't have much fun anyways and the war didn't help much. It's really sad how he's alright in the beggining of ROTS but them the nightmares strike and he's too preocupide with everything.

17. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    Actually I was thinking whether or not he might have had those nightmares BEFORE coming back. Maybe a vision or something. I think in LOE of evil he was having some weird visions about Padme, but maybe they weren't as severe as the ones he started having when he came back.

18. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Really? I don' remember hat...why didn't a sticky note it? I thought that was the first time...but them I don't know I might be wrong. I'm not always too good with these details.

I mean just look at that smile!

[image=http://ewan-captures.net/rots/images/rots_404.jpg]

19. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    No I think you're right. Plus you really can't take much EU without a grain of salt. I think he was actually having visions of Coruscant being under attack. He was trying to tell Obi-Wan, but couldn't find the words to explain. He felt like they were being kept away from Coruscant for some reason. And they were in fact. Palpatine was orchestrating it I believe.

Cute pic Alley.

20. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Yea I remember that.
    Oh I remember how Ani reacted when they got the holo that Palpatine was taken. He said like "Why does Fate always target the people I care about!?" or something along those lines. Which is so sad because he comes to Coruscant and BAM fate is now targeting someone he loves: Padme.

21. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    Oh yeah I remember that line. I felt so bad for him right then because it's so true. First his mother, then Palpatine (which he really shouldn't feel bad for but does) and then Padme. Of couse those visions of Padme were really a test of his own fear of loss, and maybe more or less the temptations in his life.

22. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Ah yes..Anakin shouldn't have felt so bad for Pa;patine...but then he didn't know who Palpaine was. He thought that Papatine was his friend and we all know how loyal Anakin is to his friends. Of course he's be trouble by Palpatine's...eh....situation.

23. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    Yeah and you can't blame Anakin for not seeing it I guess, because everyone was fooled. That's where I have to give Palpatine props.He took this kid, and saw one day that he might be the ultimate warrior and used him to his own adavantage. Of course the dark side clouds everything, so that may have made it a little easier for him soo...lol.

24. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    I just realized...this is the last time that Ani smiles in the PT...really his last smile until ROTJ. And even so it's suck a small smile.

[image=http://ewan-captures.net/rots/images/rots_752.jpg]

25. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    Are you serious? I never noticed that....*is thinking* Yeah you're right! Any other "smile" he has is kind of evil and vindictive at that because he has turned.

Glad it was with Obi-Wan, because there are alot of bad things to come for them in the OT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.