main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The OFFICIAL Anakin Solo thread: What a Jedi Knight Ought To Be II

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthBoba, Dec 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    JAS -- Sounds good, actually...even plausable...I LIKE the idea! ;)

I don't like the idea of reincarnation so that he's reborn as an infant or takes a new body in a clone or something though... don't know why, but that bothers me somehow >.<

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Interesting..perhaps the husk blocks out the Force, which is why everyone thinks he's dead?

3. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Yes! Yes! To Darth Boba you listen!
    Thank you Darth Boba, that's the only part I couldn't explain :D

4. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Lol ^-^ I was thinking that maybe the Lambent would have something to do with it, as well. You know how they say said that the lambent bonds and feeds off the energy of the things living around it. Well, what if, because of the bond, Anakin could sort of live off the energy of the lambent as well? And since the lambent is a part of Vong technology, no one could sense him in the Force. The lambent would hold him till he was put in the husk, which could then heal him or something.

I gtg for dinner now (ARG I was about to make a POINT for once!) but I'll come back afterwards to tell bout my continuation to this idea...

5. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Thanks, Jedi-Anakin_Solo. MTDSOTFBWY.

6. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Interesting idea, I hope you're right!

7. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Same here..although I would like him to come back as his grandfather..that'd be raw.

Yes, same clothes and lightsabre as Anakin Skywalker has in II.

8. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    Oi!! i knew id find ya here, Anakin, lol, hehe. been away a few days, lol, but ive caught up! hhopefully, hehe.

Anakin will be back, why? because i said so!
    ya cant keep the Anakin name down, he shall be back, and the force will be with him stronger than ever!

9. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Even more Tahiris!
    As an Anakin I find this quite refreshing.
    Power to the Tahiris!

10. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    Whoa. I just read through this whole thread, and there's been a lot going on. I'm going to try to add my 2 cents to a few of the major topics...

First of all, Anakin is not the perfect Jedi. It's not because he got killed that I say this(you can play a game of chess perfectly, yet still loose to a master). It just isn't humanly possibly to be perfect. He was a great Jedi, quite possibly the greatest, but he wasn't perfect. He did view the Force as a tool, and did act impulsively.

Now, on the topic of Anakin not understanding the force, I have to agree that he did understand it completely at the time he died. At the time of Ruin, he didn't. He thought of it just as a tool. But through Mara's instruction, he came to see it as more than a tool. In Conquest, he realiezed something that no one else yet had, that the force was merely a manifestation of something greater. It is how this greater...force? showed itself in AGFFA. The vong galaxy had some slightly different manifestation, which is why others couldn't sense the Vong, and why Anakin was learning how to.

Finally, as to Anakin's comeback, I think it has to happen. It's the hero's journey, so prevalent in literature, esp. Star Wars. The hero was introduced in VP. He had his first challenge with Chewie's death. He re-examined his thinking about the force. He now has died, and needs to be reborn, more powerful. It happens in literature all the time. Just wait...

11. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Do you really feel that he will come back ? I truly hope you are right, but unfortunately I cannot see it happening, at least in any plausible way. But, I do like the theory of the Vong husk being the equivalent of a bacta tank and blocking out the Force.

Now that's plausible... :D

Oh,yea...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !! :D :D

12. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Yay! My theory is plausible :D!

13. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Yes it is JAS! And it's the only non-cheesy way I've heard of to bring him back. Kudos!

14. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Yeah, I believe he'll come back. How he'll be when he comes back is out there >.< I don't want Anakin to be a Vong Vader or something...cuz if he heals while in Vong possesion, he'll be shaped -- Nen Yim would then come into play (at the end of Rebirth she said that the galaxy would come to fear the things she shaped). If he is healed in Jedi possesion, then he'll be okay. But somehow I doubt that... What I prefer most of all 8-} is that Anakin wakes up while no one is there, finds out that there's a big battle going on, and goes on to save the galaxy once again :cool: lol 8-}

15. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Eh, he needs to get in a real sabre duel with somebody-not just trashing Vong like he usually does..I'd love to see him fighting Kyp or Jaina in an effort to bring them back from darkness....can anyone say "DOTF II"?

16. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Yes, there is a major lack of lightersaber battles in NJO...last I remember is in VP (Jacen vs. Anakin) and BP (Luke vs. Anakin)...

17. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I want a real battle, not just a friendly sparring match. Make it an epic one-the equivalent of DOTF for the EU, please.

Or maybe I'll write one in my spare time..;)

18. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Hehe, that'd be great :)

19. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    OK, I'll take the hint..who do you want to fight Anakin-Jaina or Kyp?

20. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Here's Anakin's battle with Jaina:

An unhappy ending

Anakin Solo moved onto the bridge. Beneath him was a fall of thousands of feet..ahead of him, his sister, Jaina, turned to the Dark Side by the traitor Durron. Anakin felt dark anger rise inside of him at the thought of how easily a man he had once counted as his friend had turned his sister into a thing of Darkness.
    Not totally, if I?m right..there?s still good in her, there has to be.

As he approached his sister, she started talking.

?Anakin..do you wish to destroy me? Or to join me and rule as brother and sister??
    ?Neither, Sister. There?s good in you yet..come with me.?
    ?Jacen once thought as you..he was wrong. I do not regret my choice. It is the only way..?
    ?Only wat to do what? I don?t want to have to destroy you..come back with me.? Anakin slowly drew his sabre, bringing to hand.
    ?No, Anakin, Once I?ve started down this path..forever will it dominate my destiny. If you are not here to join me, I will destroy you.? Jaiana whirled, drawing her sabre and attacking at once. Anakin barely blocked it, only his superior strength stopping her. He immediately pushed forward, shoving his sister back as he called on the Force.
    Jaina lept away by a solid ten metres, Anakin following. She caught him with a kick to the jaw as he landed, knocking him on his back. He blocked another slash as she hurtled behind him, and flipped up, twirling as he put distance between them. Jania was right behind him, matching him blow for blow as they fought furiously. Anakin smashed her with a Force shove, staying in place as she got up.
    ?Destroy me, Anakin?give in to your anger..? She whirled in, all cloaked in black, slashing viciously at Anakin?s chest and head. He blocked all of them, using another Force push to gain advantage. He charged, attacking quickly and hard. Then Jaina ripped a chunk of wall from the cavern, hurling it at him. He responded likewise; the cavern was filled with the sound of sabers destroying chunks of hurtling rock for a few minutes. Then one got through on Jaina, smashing her to the ground. Anakin flipped in front of her again, kicking her sabre away and pointing his own at her throat.
    ?I do not wish to kill my only sibling..but I will if you force me too. Renounce Darkness, Jaina..find your true self again.
    Jaina was well and truly frightened?she longed for the security of the light, but loved the evil warmth of the Dark Side..she felt trapped. Then she remembered what she was above..a drop of thousands of feet.

?Anakin..I wish I could come with you..I?m sorry?tell my parents and Uncle Luke I?m sorry for what I?ve done..? she tripped him, knocking him down-
    -she rolled off the edge-
    -and Jaina Solo plunged into darkness.
    ?NOOOOOOOOO!? Anakin cried, reaching to grab her. His grasping hands caught nothing as Jaina plunged downwards.

As she fell, she realized what a mistake she?d made, that it had all been as nothing and then she-
    Nothing.

Anakin watched, tears running out of his eyes as she fell from sight; yet he felt her renounce Darkness as she died?

Anakin stood..he spoke:
    ?Those who are dead are not dead. They have moved on..?

Anyhow..whaddaya think?

21. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Wow, a little Anakin Skywalker and Luke flash back there. Great job!

22. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Thanks..you'll find that most of my stuff (when it actually escapes from the steel fortress that is my brain) is inspired by the OT.

But thanks again!

BTW, where's the last line in your sig from? It seems like something out of a dream..

I've always thought of writing a scene where Anakin witnesses Luke die at the hands of a Sith...thoughts?

23. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Star by Star, the only book I hated and loved at the same time.

24. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I thought so..well, hopefully Anakin will get to do it himself. :)

Anyhow..what worked and what didn't in my sabre duel?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.