main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT The official Anakin's Spirit poll

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Nov 5, 2013.

?

When I picture Anakin's Ghost, I see...

1. Sebastian Shaw

115 vote(s)
    58.4%
  2. Hayden Christensen

82 vote(s)
    41.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    We don't see Ben actually being cut in half, we see Vader striking him and empty robes right after. Isn't it mentioned somewhere (probably in one of the audio commentaries) that he joins the Force at will?

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    maychild
    Well why does going dark de-age your force ghost? Especially if they spent time in the light again before they died?
    I see the Force purifying (rewarding) ROTJ age Anakin of his physical injuries but keeping his age to show us the viewers that he came back and that those years are still a part of him so that he won't forget them. He understands and accepts the good and the bad. Balance if you will.
    Anakin is 46 when he dies. That's what he should look like when dies. Not 23. Those intervening years happened.
    There just is something more poignant about an older Anakin imo. He overcame what he couldn't when he was younger. The Jedi cloak on Hayden just doesn't convey that as well as an older Anakin does imo.
    Anakin at the end of ROTJ is finally at peace.
    Can the same be said of AOTC/ROTS Anakin? The Tusken slaughter began the long journey to where Anakin winds up in ROTJ.
    Going back to that age was an argument that some people use to see Hayden Anakin. Anakin is Hayden because that is what he sees himself as or something like that.
    Pre Jedi slaughter Anakin still had issues that needed working out.
    Though if it is pre-Jedi slaughter Anakin that we see, doesn't that lessen the impact of what Anakin went through?

Yanksfan and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  3. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    I would love to see a reunion between Luke & Hayden I wonder what the first words will be.

4. maychild

maychild Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2013
    Or maybe you're splitting hairs and overanalyzing this because you HAVE to come out on top in a discussion?

The intervening years happened...and so did the injuries. YOU are the one who made a big deal out of him appearing as he was when he killed Palpatine...but then changed your mind when you said the Force could heal his injuries. Why? If it's so flippin' important that he appear as he was when he died, because otherwise it's a "slap in the face" (YOUR words) to older Anakin, then he should appear as he was when he died: scars, burns, baldness and all.

5. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    The original Anakin spirit is more fitting, because it shows what Anakin would look like at that age without the burns. After all, there was a difference of 20+ years between ROTS and ROTJ; he shouldn't look the same.

If Obi-Wan and Yoda's force spirits do not look like their younger selves, why should Anakin's?

6. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    The Official Anakin Spirit Poll has had a good run, but is no longer open for business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.