Speculation *The Official Art and Style of the Sequel Trilogy Thread*

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by El_Machete12, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Master

star 3
    wow, u did this is 10 minutes???

I always admire people with artistic talents such as drawing
    Darth Chiznuk and DarkGingerJedi like this.
  2. DarkGingerJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Thanks Lando. Here's another version.

[IMG]
  3. LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Master

star 3
    listen dude that's fantastic work...

the best I can do is draw a penis in a business suit like the kid from Super Bad....

I love comic books so I love that kinda, super hero style art, and yours is definitely impressive.

and feel free to continue to post more of these pictures..id like to see what you have
    Last edited by LandoThe CapeCalrissian, Jan 13, 2013
    Echo-07 likes this.
  4. Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I love these! So i'm curious, how do you thing a jedi leai and and older han solo would look?
    Echo-07 likes this.
  5. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    It really depends on where the story goes:

If it's with a very diminished imperial threat, then you would likely see decaying, overgrown empty imperial garrisons on planets.

Dough Chiang years ago had an interesting observation about SW designs: he said the best ones had a limited number of lines, usually three to four but no more.

If you could blend the imagination of McQuarrie with the design skills of Chiang.....perfection.
    Last edited by ShaneP, Jan 14, 2013
  6. Joe Force Ghost

star 6
    No. Discuss the post, not the user
    Last edited by DarthBoba, Jan 14, 2013
  7. Joe Force Ghost

star 6
    Love the Padme inspiration in the costume design, as well as the general 'white knight' look of Luke here. Great Work.
    Echo-07 likes this.
  8. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    Wasn't there some reference to some White Knights in the early drafts of SW?
  9. DarkGingerJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Legacy & Joe; Glad you guys dig. I'm actually an illustrator, concept artist, etc.

Here's my take on the Jedi Temple where Luke resides. I'm thinking that the one we've seen on Coruscant was modeled off an older temple, a natural mountain formation. The older temple was carved out and lived in, and on the highest spire a ring of Ancient Jedi Master statues loomed over the the Council as they held meetings. Here would-be Jedi apprentices have to climb the mountain to reach Luke, the legendary Jedi Master. It's a foggy world, where the mountain tops are the only thing that reaches the light. The spires haven't been used in centuries and are covered in vines and brush.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Last edited by DarkGingerJedi, Jan 15, 2013
  10. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
  11. Boxster Force Ghost

star 1
    I actually like the Chinese painting type drawing on the second pic..., in fact, I think it will work very well!
  12. FRAGWAGON Force Ghost

star 4
    Gorgeous work, GingerJedi! You are legit!
    Echo-07 likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk Chosen One

star 5
    Yes absolutely beautiful work, GingerJedi. That temple world is just inspiring and love the White Knight Luke! That is how I would really like to see him in the ST. Great, great work!
  14. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    That reminds me of those mtns in China. Cant remember their name. I think some of them might've featured in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

Excellent work.

edit; the mtns are the Yellow Mtns.
    Last edited by ShaneP, Jan 16, 2013
  15. Panakas_Dawg Force Ghost

star 5
  16. Deejo Jedi Master

star 1
    Another thing I am happy about is at least 3 more "The Art of.." books! :)
    Echo-07 likes this.
  17. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    Absolutely LOVE this! Great resemblence to Hamill. Also, as Antonetti already said, love the Padme inspiration/white knight look. 5 Stars!

I second this motion -- wuld love to see your take on General Solo and Chancellor/Jedi Leia.

Also, love the concepts for the Temple. Great work!
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  18. Panakas_Dawg Force Ghost

star 5
    GingerJedi is brilliant. Get used to these pics - because they look so "right" I'd be surprised if the film *didn't* look like this.
    FRAGWAGON likes this.
  19. Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Ok everyone, get ready cause, that's right! We are all going to span disney's facebook page tommorw! Remember to copy GingerJedi so we can comence with the spaming!

But wait there's more! I'll throw in an Added Bonus! The one in the life time chance to spam Lucasart's twitter and tell them to make Battlefront 3! There is no better deal than this!

Also @DarkGingerJedi I really love the Temple design, And while I'd like to see the Couracant one back, i'd love to see one like this be explored!
  20. DarkGingerJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 2
  21. FRAGWAGON Force Ghost

star 4
    Inspiring work. Now get going and post your old Luke on Lucasfilm/Disney's facebook...haha!
    El_Machete12 likes this.
  22. Graphic Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    It would be nice if VII has some TCW reference in it. Filoni did a great job after all, so why not credit it at some point in VII or the other Episodes.
    Just for me, Suki and her Band arround Embo were some of the really good stuff, and always welcome.

[IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.