main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The *Official* Art Challenge . . Has Been Reborn!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheBalinakaBaroness, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBalinakaBaroness

TheBalinakaBaroness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    EDIT: The Fan Art Challenge has been reborn!

Quick, go here:

The *NEW* Fan Art Challenge

-Otis

**FANART CHALLENGE ARCHIVE**

[link=http://bumble.0catch.com/archive/archive_june02.html]JUNE 2002[/link]
    [link=http://bumble.0catch.com/archive/archive_july02.html]JULY 2002[/link]
    [link=http://bumble.0catch.com/archive/archive_aug02.html]AUGUST 2002[/link]
    [link=http://bumble.0catch.com/archive/archive_septoct02.html]SEPT/OCT 2002[/link]

2. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    Long live the Baroness!

I'm in. ;)

-Otis

3. ADONIAH32

ADONIAH32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    Soon I will try to revive this forum :D

Hopefully this is just the beginning of a bigger, better Fan Art forum.

4. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    I think this will be exciting! Once it gets going, and word gets around, people will know to drop by every friday to see the previous week's art, and get the new topic. At least, I hope. ;) Maybe this will even draw non-Fan Art people as well, to at least check out the art and make comments. Thinking BIG!

5. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Ooh, I'm definitely in!

EDIT: Why don't we get a bit of a competition? Once the contest is closed, we'll make a poll to vote for the winner.

No voting for yourselves, honor system, folks!

6. OdysseyWing

OdysseyWing Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    i dont think an honour system would work on a message board, because some people cant be trusted at all (although most people are really cool).

good idea through, i think i'll try to draw a jango fett or yoda, hehe.

7. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    I personally don't like the idea of making it a competition for I fear it would discourage some people from posting, thinking, oh, I'd never win, or I'm not good enough, or something like that. But then, maybe I'm just overreacting. I'm curious what more people think about it....

Edit: Maybe we could have a second, more competetive thread, and this is just a fun, do a sketch once a week type thread....

8. ADONIAH32

Jan 18, 2002
    Well, I was considering competitions, but this whole revival system is getting rather complicated.

9. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    Baroness, quite the instigator!! ;) Great idea! I like the concept of not competing; there is already too much of that going on around here, it seems. It would be nice to have a place where posters can show their hard work without it being judged and examined to the point of personal ridicule.

Of course, I say this for my own protection as well as for the next forum-goer!! ;) ;)

10. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Amen Cheveyo!

Otis and I had the same idea, but since he had to go to work, I became the de facto instigator. ;) I definitely do not want to be in charge of picking the topic every week. But I guess we can figure out how that works by next Friday....

11. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    And he's back from work! The Boss gave me the day off because I came in yesterday even though I didn't have to and helped out in a jam. Woo hoo!

Anyway . .

I'd like to say I do NOT want to see this great idea turned into a contest. If someone wants to start a different thread, an "official" fan art competition thread, that's fine. But I personally think there is nothing to be gained by it. In my mind (when the lovely Baroness and I first discussed it) this thread is all about sharing and participating.

This forum has always been a bit stagnant, IMHO. Not enough of a community feeling. As artists, we have a unique place in the JC here that does not depend on Basher Vs. Gusher arguments or "Palpatine Is/Is Not Sidious" grudge matches.

Let's take advantage of our special status here and communicate with each other in a way that no other Forum can.

-Otis

12. OdysseyWing

May 12, 2002
    so true, otis, so true...

13. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    ::waiting hopefully::

I can't draw at all, but I love to look at all the wonderful things you guys can do!

14. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Otis- I think that there is a GREAT community feeling right now! We regulars have really developed one, and hopefully more will join!

15. ADONIAH32

Jan 18, 2002
    Yes, more posts there were today. Hopefully more people will come ...

16. Otis_Frampton

Jan 7, 2001
    I guess I'm first! Woo hoo!

Here's my inaugural entry into the Fan Art Challenge. The character that, for me, was the highlight of AOTC.

I have a feeling I'm not alone in the assessment. :D

Yoda

Enjoy!

-Otis

17. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Wooohoo!

*waits for all the pretty art*

That's really cool, Otis :D Messing with Yoda is a bad idea, indeed ;)

18. ADONIAH32

Jan 18, 2002
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAOROTF!! AHhahaahhaha!

I seriously just went onto the floor laughing and i am crying now, ahah :D That is one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life! HAahahah

Nice work as usual Otis :D *giggles like he is drunk*

I love the pose :) Badass Yoda pose :) And he looks like he is drunk or something, LOL, hilarious! (can you tell I am still giddy from it?) :) :) :)

19. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    That's awesome, Otis! Look out for my Bruce Timm/Frank Miller hybrid of Mace ;)

20. Decph_Filev

Decph_Filev Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    -That's awesome, Otis! Look out for my Bruce Timm/Frank Miller hybrid of Mace-

Bruce Timm/Frank Miller? Is that even possible?

I can't wait to see that one.

I assume we are talking about Frank Miller pre-DKSA, ecause DKSA is complete and utter poo.

But either way, get to drawing cuz I want to see that!

21. OdysseyWing

May 12, 2002
    hehe, nice one, otis.
    guess im gonna have to get to work and finish up my anakin!

22. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Hooray! Otis you are THE MAN! ok, well, next to Yoda... ;)

I love it (and he doesn not look drunk - he looks like he's about to whoop you up the flip side!)

Have I told you lately that I love your style? I love stylized clean lines, you are so good at that. Anyway, Thanks for being the first to inaugurate this fun little thread!

I can't decide between Jango Fett [face_love] [face_love] or that crazy art deco toaster dude from the Separatist group ;)

~Baroness

23. chucks888

chucks888 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    Here's my entry into this first ever challenge, which will hopefully become a tradition around here.

ZAM WESELL

Cheers!

-Chuck

24. Biggied

Biggied Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2002
    Nice job chucks! Does anyone have any good links to nice big photos from AOTC particularly of main characters? I bought March's issue of Star Wars Insider to draw from, but there aren't many big pictures to use.

25. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Wow Chuck! That is a beautiful drawing of Zam Wessel! I love the color and your cross-hatching (your other piece on your page of Peregrin Took is simply breathtaking) Thanks for joining the "Challenge"! I hope it becomes a tradition as well....
    ~Baroness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.