main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *OFFICIAL* Aurra Sing In EP3 Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mandalorian_Warrior, Jun 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    Well, I guess IF Bobba is the one that is going to help hunt down the Jedi then he needs a partner and I guess Aurra Sing would fit. It also fits because Jango had Zam and Bobba has Aurra Sing.

I dunno, I think I'm rambling again this morning....need more coffee so I can go from this --> [face_plain] to this --> :D

2. LordSinshine

LordSinshine Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    My original thought was that Aurra Sing would be the one to kill Shmi in AOTC (hired by Sidious). When that didn't happen, it got me thinking. Maybe in EP3, Sing will be hired to take Padme's life (and possibly the twins) while Anakin is off fighting with Obi-Wan on some idealistic crusade.

Just a way out there theory.

I'd love to see a bounty hunter off a Jedi and keep his/her lightsaber as a trophy (as Qui-Gon referred to in TPM).

3. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    I'd love to see a bounty hunter off a Jedi and keep his/her lightsaber as a trophy (as Qui-Gon referred to in TPM).

:eek: Oh yeah......very interesting! I forgot about that! Could that be foreshadowing of things to come?

4. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Ooooo! I like it! :D

5. DarthStinker

DarthStinker Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    Guys, come on...

We're talking about a chick who looks like a reject from the Thunderdome and who was in TPM for like HALF A SECOND. What's with the obsession? EpIII is moving on to bigger and better things.

6. PDZSY

PDZSY Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    I honestly do not think Aurra Sing is going to be in Episode III. I guess it would be kind of cool if she was, but there's no point to it. Personally, I think what happened was George thought about having her help Jango Fett try to assassinate Padme' in AOTC. But, for some unknown reason, he decided to use Zam Wessel instead. In other words, Aurra Sing was originally intended to have Zam's part in AOTC.

7. DarthStinker

DarthStinker Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    He used Zam because Aurra's big dumb ponytail would've stuck out the top of the speeder!

Zam had this cool kind of undercover, subtle look going - Aurra would've looked like a bad Halloween costume.

8. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Since Aurra killed my dad Sharad, I want to see A'Sharad Hett off her! She may have something to do with the Jedi purge. She may team up with Boba and/or Anakin. I just wanna see A'Sharad get justice! Maybe seeing Anakin kill her will satisfy A'Sharad's controlled anger. But then, TRs offed Anakin's mom so...oh,oh!

9. Darthmcm

Darthmcm Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    I have to admit I didnt really like Aura. I like that they replaced her with Zam she was cool. As for Aura in III? Sure. Everyone is worth a second chance right?

10. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    aurra would be awesome (if the story needed her)

11. revolution9

revolution9 Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    k, here's a stupid theory....

what if AS had a fling with jango, and then took it upon herself to look after Bobba and teach him the 'tricks of the trade'.

she could also help bobba get revenge on mace for lopping off his daddies head.

:D

12. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    i vote aurra sing in!

if gl likws bringing back fan favorite bounty hunters - let it be her!!!

i bet if she appears in epIII under the EU auspices previously attributed to her - everyone who bashes her would be extolling her praises.

it is so funny how some people are so adamantly opposed to her character.

"...in the film for only 2 seconds..."
    so what???????

have you ever been to the hasbro "fan choice figure vote" site?
    have you seen some of the characters that fans want?!?!?!

snaggletooth drinks blue milk and he is off the racks as fast as they put him on!!!

aurra actually has tons of potential!

use it gl -- or forever lose it!

13. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    I know its EU but: Aurra still killed my dad---Sharad!

The new DH Comics SW:eek:ld Republic should settle the A'Sharad vs Aurra once and for all as soon as EPIII comes out...

Mr. Lucas: Use A'Sharad. Movie-goers might dig him...

14. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001
    not to get off topic, but a'sharad is, IMHO, a no chancer!

not after what happened with anakin.
    it would take way too much convincing.

those comics were written way before the scene had been - otherwise i think there would be no "jedi-tuskens" allowed in the gffa.

but let me state again - aurra has so much potential - please don't forget her GL!

15. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    I'm actually not a big Tusken fan but the two "EU" Jedi-Tuskens were great ideas(Tim Truman) and that maybe one of them was a "Lost 20" member. The comics did come out way before EPII teasers!

Aurra should make all of us forget who this "dude" Zam Wessel was! Zam had a cool look but the shape-changing thing sucked. Lucas was trying too much.

I'm satisfied with the conclusion of Hunt for Aurra Sing and my Jedi-Tusken dude was not dissed as a Bantha poodoo character...

Let's see Aurra in action in EPIII!

16. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    COOL. I love the discussion but I am not a fan of the EU. However, i do feel as though SOME oh her backstory is kinda cool and would fit nicely. But, even though i respect EU fans, i am not one myself.

I'm beginning to feel that she won't be in it, but I won't really care either way. She just seems kinda interesting.

17. Yodaspackage

Yodaspackage Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2002
    Is Aurra Sing part of the lost 20 jedi? If she is in Ep3 then it should be something like Boba trying to get revenge on the jedi and hiring a bunch of bounty hunters. So Boba and his team would go out jedi killing. I can't see any other way Aurra would be in it. Unless she's Anakin's dad.

18. merlin

May 29, 1999
    that's what I think will happen. that she is hired my boba to kill jedi or palpatine. something to that effect.

19. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    My feelings on the idea of Aurra Sing in Episode III can be summarized into three words:

"What's the point?"

There really is no congruent way of fitting an extra who just happened to be expanded upon in the Expanded Universe into the saga. It comes off to me like an unnecessary tangent. Thankfully, I see this possibility as highly doubtful.

20. merlin

May 29, 1999
    Well, what was all the hub-bub about putting this extra in EP1 to begin with?

...we know jedi will die in EP3.
    ...even tho I am not a fan of the EU, her back story says she don't like jedi.
    ...Vader likes using bounty hunters.
    ...she's a bounty hunter.

why NOT put her in?

21. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Merlin is absolutely right. I am no fan of the EU either, but she is not EU. She was created by GEORGE LUCAS last minute for possible use in the later episodes. Her story and character has been elaborated by the EU but it works perfectly with the role she could possibly play. maybe george gave the EU orders to develop her as a jedi hating bounty hunter with some force powers........

22. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001
    iron parrot:

you might as well say that about any extras in the SW movies.

of course she has a point.
    GL has been stating his "grey area" theme in many different interviews.
    aurra fits the bill perfectly - just like dooku.
    they would make a great team, and it would add the "bad--- chick sithette" that clearly some of his key creative staff are pulling for.

so IP, what is your point?
    what is the point of making new planets?
    why not create the clones on naboo?
    or have the geonosians live on hoth?
    or use the species form the cantina as major characters instead of creating new species like the kaminoans and geonosians?

SEE MY POINT?
    [face_mischief]

23. IronParrot

Aug 2, 1999
    "you might as well say that about any extras in the SW movies."

I do say that.

"GL has been stating his "grey area" theme in many different interviews.
    aurra fits the bill perfectly - just like dooku."

Uh, since when? I see no indication of that in the films.

Yes, Aurra Sing originated in TPM. But Aurra Sing's "background", including any motive for being in that one shot (aside from decoration), is purely EU. You might as well speculate that Anthony Daniels and Ahmed Best's out-of-costume cameos in the Coruscant nightclub indicate that they will play a larger role, just because similarly, they too have a background expanded outside the movies.

Now, to answer some questions that don't seem to bear any relation to the topic at hand:

"what is the point of making new planets?"

To demonstrate that there are more than three planets in the whole damn galaxy.

"why not create the clones on naboo?"

Because the clone army is being created in secret, and Naboo is too integrated a part of the Republic for such a large operation to be concealed.

or have the geonosians live on hoth?

Because the wampas would eat them.

"or use the species form the cantina as major characters instead of creating new species like the kaminoans and geonosians?"

Because the various species in the Cantina were extras, in the film for diversity's sake. I think you just reinforced my point.

"SEE MY POINT?"

Um, I see a tangent...

24. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]well, even tho aurra's background is purely EU, no one has said why she shouldn't be in the next film. she has just as much chance of bein in the movie as any other minor character or extra[/color]

25. IronParrot

Aug 2, 1999
    "she has just as much chance of bein in the movie as any other minor character or extra"

No, just any extra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.