main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY discussion thread

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by BillyShears, Nov 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    What do you mean by "misframing problems", exactly?

2. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Check this out. There was more info on a few other websites but I couldn't find the links quickly.

Problems with the Back To The Future DVD Set
    Back to the Future redux

Apparently the problems were well known since the DVD was released first in Australia (region 4) and I think Europe, yet Universal did nothing. Now that it was released in North America and people complained and Bob Gale got involved, Universal is doing something, though it's not clear if they issue corrected version for Australia and elsewhere.

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    That first link is great, Malducin, those picture comparisons show the problem perfectly.

So they cropped the frame "too high". Stink!

I was going to buy that 3-disc set too (New Zealand is Zone 4, like Australia) when it came out a few months back. Then I was thinking of getting it with some Christmas vouchers.

Might just hold off a little longer now...

4. General_Crix_Madine

General_Crix_Madine Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2001
    Biff: ?Two McFlyes with one gun?

Thats such a fantastic line!!

and of course this one too when Doc says:

?When this baby hits 88 miles per hour....were gonna see some serious ****! ?

oh man, such great movies...

see ya around.

[color=indigo]Watch the language, please. I know it's a direct quote from the film and all... but it's against the site policy. [/color]

5. General_Crix_Madine

General_Crix_Madine Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2001
    Sory, no problem.

6. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    You might ant to call Universal in New Zealand or wherever the closest office is down there. There were some comments that the reframed DVDs would only be available region 1, no word on other regions. There was quite a bit of talk in DVDTalk.com or some other review site that had all kinds of info and discussion. If I find it I'll post it.

7. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    You might ant to call Universal in New Zealand or wherever the closest office is down there. There were some comments that the reframed DVDs would only be available region 1, no word on other regions. There was quite a bit of talk in DVDTalk.com or some other review site that had all kinds of info and discussion. If I find it I'll post it.

8. malducin

Oct 23, 2001

9. malducin

Oct 23, 2001

10. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Back to the Future Trilogy

I grew up on this man!

Biff: Now why don't you make like a tree, and get outta here!

Doc: GREAT SCOTT!

11. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    Hey, did anyone see MST:3K today? They drive a car with gull wing doors! To further it, later on when Eric sees the skull, one of the robots (I missed which one) exclaims in a Christopher Lloyd voice, "Marty!"

12. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I can't believe you link me a forum without telling me there was a back to the future thread, I could have been killed! I watched these 3 movies my whole life, I love them! I probubly know every line from the first movie...Marty and Doc have such a great chemistry. Which movie do you guys like the most? I'd probubly have to say the first one but they're all great. Ahh.....tired...

13. Cam_Mulonus

Jul 29, 2002
    The first one was the best, but only becaus, well, it was the first one.

I want that car SOOOOOOO BAD!!!

I have a question, why did Claudia Wells not return for the second two films? I know why Crispin Glover didn't.

14. VaderDarkLordofSith

VaderDarkLordofSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2003
    Did anyone notice that in the first Back to the Future movie, that the mall is

TWIN pine mall

but, after the trip to the past, it became,

LONE pine mall.

Is this because of Marty running over the pine trees? I would like an explanation.

15. Cam_Mulonus

Jul 29, 2002
    Yep. Marty ran over one of the Twin Pines.

16. eclipseSD

eclipseSD Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Claudia Wells had problems with alcohol during the late 80's. She is fine now.

Listen to the 6 commentaries on the dvds for the complete story.

17. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Hah, I loved the Back To The Future Trilogy. :D

I pretty much tired of watching the first one because its on Cable about every week. My favorite is #2 and the hover board scene.

<[-]> Saber

18. Jack-D-Ripper

Jack-D-Ripper Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 21, 2002
    I vote for Back To The Future as the best. Parts II and III are a nice bonus, but they really weren't necessary and they did end up making the whole plot seem a bit forced. At least they managed to keep the plot together nicely.

-JDR.

19. Short Round McFly

Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling star 6

Nov 13, 1999
    If it wasn't for the Back to the Future movies, I wouldn't be who I am today :D

The first movie was a big influence on me! I saw it when I was only five and that instilled in me a love for skateboards and guitars. And saying the word "Butthead" :cool:

I would continuously rewind that Johnny B. Goode scene until my eyes froze! All my life I was turned on by guitars whether it was watching someone play or being in a room with them. Anytime I'd be in a place with an electric guitar it would drive me crazy! I am now an obsessed and dedicated guitarist and anytime someone is around my electric guitars or is watching me do Guitar God-type riffs and licks it doesn't turn them on and it kind of confused me for a while. Then I remembered how BTTF instilled that love for guitars at an early age ;)

20. Arwen_Solo

Arwen_Solo Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2003
    I ADORED these films! :D

I grew up with a huge crush on Michael J. Fox and have loved his work since Family Ties.

I loved the first film and was thrilled when they finally made the second. The third was sweet as Doc fell for Clara and got hitched. But I felt alot of part 3 was just silly. 8-}

Btw, I got the DVD boxed set for X-mas and the outtakes were so funny. I thought it was a great DVD set.[face_laugh]

21. MrMan77

MrMan77 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2003
    Indeed BTTF follows the trilogy scheme.

First one: The freshest and the favorite
    Second one: The Darkest and the coolest--often the best made
    Third one: Goofy and stupid at parts, but still satisfying.

22. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    I actually just found the Novelization of BTTF part one at a used bookstore,its in very good condition and sheds some light on the story,are the novelizations of parts 2 and 3 still in circulation?

23. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Attack_of_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    Have they fixed the improper framing problems yet on the DVDs?

24. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    Well I would like to know to. Supposdely the corrected disks should have ben available by late February but I don't know for sure. I'll try to check if no one posts here.

Ooops I just checked, apparently they are shipping now:

BTTF DVD replacements

25. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    I loved BTTF. I can't beleive that it was so long ago that it was made, you would have thought someone these days would have come up with it!

vader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.