main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV The Official Bad Guy (s) Died by Bad Writing Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Inaen, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Ok this thread is for those villans who were unfortunetly killed by bad writing. Example:

In Matrix reloded, The phantom twins, you know, the guys with the dredlocks that everyone was so excited about before the movie came out.

They could de-materialize and couldn't be hit....they're potential was sooooo HUGE and they die in an vehicle explosion??????

WTH!!!!(heck)

They couldve easily de-materialized and avoided the whole thing!!! Blah!!!! Booo!!! Booo I say!!!!

Ok enter your rants below
    |
    |
    V

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I only have one thing to say.

DARTH MAUL.

3. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Any movie where the bad guy talks and talks and talks and talks giving the good guys plenty of time to win, except for Bond movies, thats tradition.

Bond: "You expect me to talk?
    Goldfinger: "No Mr. Bond I expect you to die!"

Actually thats a bad example since Bond then does all the talking but point is Goldfinger didnt just shoot him.

Freddy Krueger, Freddy always dies when he doesnt have to, if he'd just stop playing with his victums and kill them everything would be fine.

4. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    let me clarify a bit:

Phantom Menace was great, especially because I am a monster SW fan. BUT.... I was soooooo looking forward to so much more with Darth Maul, he was just SO cool.... then he was cut in half and fell down a shaft.

5. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    BLASPHEMY TALON, BLASPHEMY. I knew someone would bring that up. We musnt discuss things like that in the open. Only in a circle of true believers can such items as theoritical "bad writing" in a Star Wars movie be discussed. And then that so there wont be as many witnesses as in a public forum when I strike you down as the blasphemous, unclean, infidel that you are.

He was not including the holy Star Wars films Im sure. He meant everything else.

6. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I was gonna post about Darth Maul, but didn't wanna open a can of worms, so thanks to Talon for being the can opener.

Freddy Krueger is a strange one since he never dies anyway. In fact the only time he did die... when he was a child murderer, he had a really cool and well written death. Every other time, granted he should be able to avoid the situations he is put into at the end of most films, he doesn't die, so it doesn't matter. Though the way he 'died' in the third film was pretty cool. They found his remains and poured holy water on it, and in the dream world, he was getting burned.

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Never would I blaspheme the holy trilogy.

And you are right, I have broken the circle of trust by speaking openly about the unspeakable.

I RECANT! I RECANT!

What I MEANT to say was this:

The writing and marketing of The Phantom Menace was so brilliantly done, that it created in me a deep resonance with the character of Darth Maul. Then, this superbly executed film lifted me up to heights of pathos, and subsuqently with Maul's tragic demise, dashed me to the depths! Clearly, I am still reeling from disapointment, a result that only the best possible writing and filmaking could produce.

8. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Ignites both his Luke Skywalker and Count Dooku blades and prepares to cut anyone in half that says "you know what"

Edit: Talons post was at the same time I wrote the above but it still counts.

Slashing at Talon I take off his head and slice him in half at waist level. As Talon's head drops I kick it back up and slice at it with both my blades so it falls in three pieces. Sarcasm still counts too.

9. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    The main bad guy in Shanghi Knights.

Great fight scene first of all, Jackie chan is have his buttocks handed to him by a two sword wielding Insane master of sword fighting. Clearly Jackie is losing and hes gonna get his heead removed from is body and ...

CRASH!!!

Jackie Chan kicks him out of the Big Ben glass display.

ACK!!! That couldve ended in such a better way.

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    oh hey that reminded me of one. Lethal Weapon 4, theres no way Jet Li could be taken out by two over the hill cops. That was just plain unbelivable. I mean the man could dodge bullets and take apart 45's in one move and Im expected to believe that Gibson and Glover could take him out. No way!

11. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Jack the Ripper in Shanghai Knights. That chick just like kicks him or something and he's down for the count... From Hell my butt!

12. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    Oh good one about Jet Li Axia.

In the movie Charlies Angels Full Throttle..(i know, i know, DarthDarkstar made me see it), The only bad guy to make it to the sequel(um dont know his name, but he was willard in the movie "Willard")He was supposed to do some serious damage, and he gets kicked and glass falls on him and kills him....broken glas at that...not even big pieces of glass.

13. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    You forgot to mention the twenty story drop dude. I think that had more to do with it.

14. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Bill from Kill Bill 2...

Now granted, I'm a little biased cause I hated both movies, but I was at least expecting a cool fight scene at the end. Now, the sword fight in chairs was cool, but it lasted 30 seconds... and then he was dead... thats what I waited for? I was very upset..

And Inean: I didn't make you watch charlies Angels, I believe Galaxies419 convinced us it was a cool movie.

15. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Darkstar, some people who REALLY like Kill Bill haven't seen the second one yet, and might be angered at the information you are giving away in the above post. If you see this in time, please edit it. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.