main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Barriss Offee in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by barrissoffeefan, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    This interview is interesting, confirming that Barriss is acting on her own, for the most part. That self-awareness of her "inner darkness" means that she is probably full of self-loathing as well as guilt in The Jedi Who Knew Too Much. Her meditations in her quarters is perhaps a silent prayer to her Mirialan god(s) to ask forgiveness for her crimes.

Glad to know that there is certainly the possibility that the bota exposure on Drongar could have contributed to Offee's fall.

fistofan1 and QuangoFett like this.
  2. lordhadrian

lordhadrian Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2013
    Well, I must confess I gave up on TCW when they brought back Darth Maul. If you like the show, and liked the Season 5 conclusion, fine. I stumbled upon the whole Barriss betrayal by accident, and it left me conflicted. I grew to enjoy her character when I watched, and from the EU novels, etc. I have to agree with the Anti-Filoni crowd. True, he can do what he wants, change Jedi like Eeeth Koth and Even Piell to suit his needs. If he had bothered to show an arc for Barriss that reached this conclusion, I could have accepted this reluctantly. But it comes out of nowhere and got my Geek senses in an uproar. I know it's silly, but I'm a canon snob. A lot of these characters and their destinies were established. Changing the mythology in midstream is what got Lucas in big trouble with TPM.

Like I said, if you enjoyed this show, then fine. It just.....irked me. By resolving Ahsoka's story, TCW staff convoluted Barriss' story. If there's a season 6 and Barriss is involved, well I admit I'd be curious (against my better judgement), because this character deserved better than to be dropped and labeled as a traitor in a whole new line of continuity.

They had her feeling guilty but manipulative, talking about the evils of the Jedi but feeling "suited" to using Ventress' sabers (And Ventress? A wanted criminal who committed atrocities since the beginning.....and Anakin lets her go???)

Filoni got what he wanted. He wanted to save Ahsoka from order 66, which is fine. I feel cheated by his methods, though. This was a cop out. I had to give my two cents, with all due respect to Filoni fans.

3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Barriss does deserve better and she deserves adequate legal representation to determine if she acted on her own volition. She was exposed to brainworms and bota which may have seriously altered her way of thinking and perception of reality.

4. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    The brainworm died, remember?

5. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    How can we be sure if trace amounts of the brainworm (or its DNA for that matter) are not still present in her brain without a thorough medical examination?

6. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    You're grasping at straws bro.

7. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    No such thing when it comes to defending Barriss from the charges leveled against her.

8. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    The worm froze to death and was cut in half. It didn't survive.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I wonder if the brain worms cause the infected person to have brain damage afterward? o.o;

Probably just possible psychological problems. Different universe but thats what tended to happened to anyone who got free of Yeerk control in Animorphs like the hermit lady who locked Rachel inside her shack and tried to burn it down with her inside it in Megamorphs 1: The Andalite's Gift.

rumblewagon likes this.
  10. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Ah, yes, cut in half and didn't survive. Now where have I read this before? nevermind.
    I have no idea what this is, but it sounds good!

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/Animorphs?from=Main.Animorphs =D

12. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    It's likely: the brain worms are rather big and there's not a whole lot of space in the cranial cavity for a worm to move around in, so it probably caused a lot of damage while inside. And maybe it laid a few eggs in there as well... [face_thinking]

13. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Not to mention when you're talking about Star Wars retcons. The Holocron has certainly taken stranger paths.

rumblewagon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.