main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Barriss Offee in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by barrissoffeefan, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceaffinity

iceaffinity Jedi Knight star 1

May 23, 2010
    Some of that would depend on where they decide to end TCW, wouldn't it? Unless they don't kill her off during Order 66, and kill her earlier. [face_worried]

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
  3. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    I'm about to age myself here but watching TCW remind anybody else of watching He-Man and the Masters of the Universe in the 80s (follow me here). There were all these great heroic allies in the toy line that they could've brought on (Stratos, Man-E-Faces, Ram-Man, etc.) to change things up but instead every episode was He-Man, Teela, Man-at-Arms and Orko. *sigh* Clone Wars has been pretty good about this but I feel like they could mix it up more instead of Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan every episode. And I definitely agree that Barriss and Ahsoka were good together. Hope to see them paired up again sometime.

4. barrissoffeefan

barrissoffeefan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2011
    That would be interesting to see. Like, say, in Season 5 they wrap it all up and do an Order 66 episode!

5. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    Give Barriss a focus episode.

6. sam_

sam_ Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2011
    I was kind of shock when I first saw Bariss Offee in TCW. In a expanded universe book that I have read before, she was about the same age than Anakin. The two were in their Jedi formation with their Masters. So, it was kind of bizzar when I saw in a TCW episode that she seem to have approximatively the age of Ahsoka instead of Anakin who is a Jedi Knight.

Let alone the obvious inconsistence with the book, the idea of putting altogether Ahsoka and Bariss is not bad. It made a original team with one who strictly follow the Jedi code and another who is a risk-taker by instinct. Which reflect what their Masters teach them.

@adamclark83 Bariss Offee already got a episode (Brain Invader) where she is put on the first line of the story with Ahsoka.

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    After her multi-episode appearance in S2, I thought they'd try to get her into at least 1 Season 3 episode, but no.

Maybe in Season 4.....[face_praying]

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    How original: a team of opposites - like the (rarely seen together) Obi-Wan & Anakin? [face_whistling] (Yeah, yeah, a de-aged Barriss & Ahsoka are now like, age-mates vs. Team Obikin.)

9. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    Barin Invaders was an episode for both Barriss and Ahsoka. Maybe an episode all for Barriss where she's given a solo mission.

Perhaps, someone has very important information and Barriss is tasked with getting him safely to Coruscant. However, Ventress is on his tale too, to make sure he never gets to his destination.

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    ^I think you mean she never gets to her destination.... at least i always thought Barriss is female:p Barriss looks kinda helpless for solo mission still...

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm pretty sure the "him" was the person with "very important information."

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Okay I read it wrong:p

btw using Ventress would mean it's prequel since Ventress is no more Dooku's assassin or separatist commander but enemy of CIS....

13. sam_

sam_ Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2011
    @Valairy_scot You have a good point, but to me, even if opposite team is not the most original concept in Star Wars because we have already saw it, Bariss Offee or Luminara are not exactly like Obi-Wan.

What I found original or interesting I should probably say in a team with Ahsoka and Bariss is that first of all, Anakin/Ahsoka and Luminara/Bariss have a very different idea of how a Jedi should act. Their relations between Master and apprentice is not the same. What they have in common, though, is that both pair care about each other.

So, we can see the result of that when the young team of Ahsoka and Bariss are together. It can be interesting to watch and the way they act it reflect the influence of their Masters.

It also looks like it when Anakin and Bariss were together with Obi-Wan and Luminara their Masters in the expanded universe book that I have read, it is disappointing that the show TCW have change this concept though.

14. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    It may have not been the purpose- but TCW makes it to look like Luminara has a crush on Anakin:p She is older but seems to adore him in a way- she sends her padawan away to be with him- while there seems to be no reason why Luminara couldn't join Barriss in Weapons Factory- there is no need for two knights in diversion they could've had two master-padawan teams instead then there would be no padawancouple who can easily get in the trouble.....

Perhaps Luminara is not liking Anakin in any sexual manner or anything, but she may adore his rebellious nature- she is traditional jedi but also arrogant- maybe she finds rebellious jedi interesting because has not enough self-confidence to be one and is forced in this role when being a jedi.... Anakin is something Luminara would like to be.....

I think this makes Luminara interesting- she seems to have internal conflict- on the other hand she despises jedi like Anakin- but she also likes the way they are rebellious- like she perhaps would like to be- I think she is very demanding master and she wants that Barriss is perfect when she is not that herself....

I dunno but I've get that kind of picture of Luminara:p Maybe it's something I made up but by far Luminara's behaviour seems to support something like that-

15. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Very cool jedi. Would like to see more of Barriss and her master Luminara. I'm sure we have not seen the last of them

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Was that her in the Jedi starfigther in the first episode of the Umbara Arc?

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yup!

From the OS:

[image=http://www.starwars.com/img/explore/the-clone-wars/slideshow/ep407/trivia/trivia02.jpg]

18. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    We wont see any of her this season.

19. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    She's also in Deception, at Obi-wan's faux funeral.

20. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Heh. I couldn't even tell in SD.

Off topic.

Why the hell did they make the Jedi Starfighters different looking in TCW? How can they see what's ahead of them with an astromech's big dome in their front view?

21. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I don't remember this scene from the Umbaran episodes

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    IIRC it was in the newsreel for Darkness.

23. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    So what was the point of either of them being in it because we saw neither Ahsoka or Barriss in any of those episodes

24. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    To give a sense that it was a larger conflict not limited to the ordeal of the 501st?

25. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Pointless cameo, of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.