main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Barriss Offee in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by barrissoffeefan, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spork111

Spork111 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2002
    I think most of us saw the Barriss revelation coming earlier in the arc. The strange thing is her motivation: she makes it sound like some sort of highly-principled act of defiance against the corruption of the Republic and the Jedi Order for serving such a corrupt body. She is shown meditating in front of some sort of Buddha-like statue in her room, and later she decries how violent the Jedi have become by participating in the war.

Her actions, on the other hand, say "I'm dark side now, twiddle-dee-hee! I blow up hangers full of innocent people and frame my best friends for murder. Oh, and red lightsabers really complement my eyes, don't you think?" It doesn't really add up to anything coherent, and that's my biggest critique of an otherwise excellent episode. I realize this show was really about Ahsoka and not Barriss, but they could have at least come up with something consistent for her. If the intent here was to give Barriss a legitimate point to make about the current state of the Jedi, then it's really undermined by everything else she says and does.

Well, I guess Ahsoka should have taken the opportunity to whack her in "Brain Invaders" after all, eh? ;)

rumblewagon likes this.
  2. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    "Go to your room and think about what you've done, young lady!"

eukaryote and rumblewagon like this.
  3. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    There is a drawing where Luminara punishes Ahsoka good old style. But i will not give you a link! :p

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell. DA I'm sure.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  5. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Personally, I thought that her keeping the red sabers was a sign that she viewed herself as corrupt as well. Note that she said all the Jedi should be put on trial - that would presumably include herself.

6. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    DA just wants money. They dont even care about their reputation. There are so much inappropriate Images of Ahsoka, they need all to be deleted/cleansed. But than just a few images of her would left back.

7. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    As for an alternate name for this different take on Barriss. . . I suggest Bratty Barriss!

8. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Bipolar Barriss.

eukaryote, BW2 and Heero_Yuy like this.
  9. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Dependable Barris......guess that doesn't apply anymore lol. Also where the HELL was luminara during all this??? Was barris a knight?? Are they going to execute Barris now?

10. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Execution would sorta fit with the "old Jedi" belief that once you go dark side, you don't come back. Personally I don't mind if she does die, but I guess they could find ways to just hold her prisoner. Carbonite or something.

11. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Bariss in carbonite? I would rather have a bariss in chocolate.

She is to cute and awesome to rot away in a cell. Come on Grievous free her and take her as your new bride!

eukaryote and Paparazzo like this.
  12. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
  13. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    ... And here I was going to make a joke about Barriss getting a good spanking, but it seems I was just outdone as far as pervy posts go.

14. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    i guess you saw that drawing already? :D

15. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    thank god she finds redemption and continues to serve the Republic, eventually dying as a result of Order 66.

YOU SAW IT! YOU CAN'T UNSEE IT!

16. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    This proves the need for a Barriss Offee Anti-Defamation League.

17. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    I'm pretty sure that he doesn't have the, you know, "bits" for that kind of thing anymore. :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Just let Barriss sit in a damn jail cell. It's not complicated.

19. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Perhaps due to her confession, they'll grant her a life sentence rather than the death penalty.

20. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    So that she doesn't become a martyr for any anti-war and/or anti-Jedi cause?

21. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    So she doesn't become a martyr for those who disapprove of TCW. :p But I think it's too late. LOL. But really I think it's common to grant a more lenient sentence for confessions. Not sure how the Star Wars legal system works. You have Senators and Admirals playing "lawyer" roles.

22. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Yeah? I saw this too:

[​IMG]

I guess your eyes really can deceive you. Don't trust them.

Paparazzo and CaptainRex115 like this.
  23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, rotting in a cell with nothing better to do but think about what one has done, should have done, could have done, has failed is worse than putting her to death IMO. Tarkin was eager to execute himself a Jedi however. I might have to play the "Requiem for the Brigadier General" theme music for Barriss although I hope she survives and perhaps meets Maul. Maul would make it possible for Barriss to be played as another chess piece by Sids.

24. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I think Maul would really need to disguise himself though. I mean, Barriss should have known of him if not from the Battle of Naboo, then after his re-emergence in "Revenge." I imagine Obi-Wan's confrontations with Maul would have been highly talked about within the Order. Thus, should Barriss recognize Maul as a Sith she would be probably be unwilling to join him, unless she's fallen so far to the Dark Side already.

25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't think anyone knows Maul is back under anyones thumb. Maul was considered to be just a lose criminal by the Jedi Council. I think he could approach Barriss and ally with her, in actuality under Sids' command and she could be controlled though Maul as a proxy. I don't that Barriss would want anything to do with Sids or Dooku themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.