main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *Official* Bounty Hunters in The Clone Wars Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ZEM, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    With permission from Garth Maul, I present the LACWAC boards with the thread to discuss those awful cool baddies...

...the BOUNTY HUNTERS!

Here we can discuss the bounty hunters of TCW, new introductions such as Sugi and fan faves like Bossk and Aurra Sing.

This should become a very popular topic... [face_dancing] Coffee anyone? [face_coffee]

This thread is open to all discussion of bounty hunters, present and future. Spoilers with respect to bounty hunters are permitted.

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002

We've talked quite a bit about Cad Bane, but maybe not so much some of his crew.

The only thing that's kinda made me crazy this season is that the bounty hunters aren't. acting. like. bounty. hunters. (think Dog ;)). They are acting like mercenaries.

3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Huh? Garth, splainy.

EDIT: Oh, you mean they are working as hired guns for the Seperatists, as opposed to working purely to capture bounties. I would say that Jango was a mercenary in AOTC, but Cad Bane's jobs are better describes as bounty hunting.

Besides, I always thought that the Star Wars understanding of the term "bounty hunter" included mercenary work. Boba Fett clearly had a history with the Empire and Jabba, and was working for Jabba on tasks other than hunting for Han. Same with Jango, who was clearly Dooku's bitch.

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    So, there is not much to discuss then...

5. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah.... I wonder if we should make this a Spoilers Allowed thread or not. Sure, we can discuss Embo, Seripas and Sugi in the General thread, but then, there's not much juicy stuff left for this thread...

Anyway, Jango did act like a bounty hunter (at times). He was hired to eliminate Padmé, which is a very bounty hunter thing to do. Of course, he was a wuss and subcontracted the hit to Zam, but still. His presence in the arena wasn't very bounty hunter-like, though. He was more of a body guard there, it seems.

In the Clone Wars series, the only action that I believe can be classified as bounty hunting would be Cad Bane's kidnapping of the Force-sensitive kids. It's not quite the same as going after a guy with a price on his head, but it's pretty close.

6. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    I'd say spoiler the thread for speculation sake.

Now, talking about what we can talk about, Cato was pretty cool. I like the hologram projector for clothes, much better than Zam's stretch pants. Did you notice Cato had to touch her target? Makes you wonder who Zam was impersonating in her human guise.

Can we consider TODO 360 a bounty hunter? Because I could discuss TODO all day long. I suppose he's not a bounty hunter though, he's a TECHNO SERVICE DROID!

7. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Though I wouldn't call him a bounty hunter, TODO fits in this thread as part of Cad Bane's posse. And I agree that he was a great character. I actually really liked how they killed him, because I really didn't expect that to happen to such an entertaining new character.

8. Scolai

Dec 31, 2009
    He can always come back...as TODO 361. Great thing about droids, really, there's always the next one in the series. Clones too, I guess.

He also reminded me a great deal of GIR from Invader Zim, in appearance if not personality. In fact, it was kinda Invader Cad...

Anyway, Bane certainly has a lot of toys at his disposal. The jet boots and custom blasters, the hat and cybernetic breathers. Mostly the hat. Much like a certain whippid Jedi, the hat is clearly what gives him his power. Those two hats must never come into contact. The sheer awesome might destroy the galaxy.

Also, I think, WRT the whole "bounty hunter" title, it sounds better than "merc" and probably refers to the fact that they work for whoever pays the most - i.e., they hunt a "bounty" of credits, no matter the job.

9. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah, that's a fun thing about droid characters the crew really likes: They can be rebuilt. XD

Bane's certainly the best bounty hunter we've seen so far in his skills. And yes, anyone can tell his hat is his source of power...Certain LACWACers have even suggested that two of those in the same area could collapse a planet. So would this mean...that we'll never see K'Kruhk in the series? :p

I'm really looking forward to this new crew of bounty hunters that have appeared in solicitations. They sound different from the usual image of a bounty hunter, and at the very least they carry on the proud tradition of being colourful, exotic yet highly dangerous characters. :D

It's like they say...each character model is a new 'toy' to play with. Seeing as they even keep track of where these characters go, it'd be sweet to imagine what sorts of stories they'll be in later. Provided they aren't all captured in the first story they appear in. XD

10. Scolai

Dec 31, 2009
    Hey, we may still get a jail break episode. Cato, Cassie, etc. Three seasons after this one, at least hopefully.

11. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    True...and that would be one of the BEST episodes to use bounty hunters! :D
    I also like that they're actually building up the number of competent, dangerous, potentially useful people they're throwing in jail. Cato, Cassie, and even a couple of Separatist commanders.

12. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    If you guys want the thread to be spoilerific, that's fine.

Edit: I get that to simply make them "bounty hunters" would limit what they could do in the exciting GFFA, I just don't know why they didn't call them "mercenaries" in the first place.

Keep in mind, the ESB bounty hunters are actually paid to collect a bounty on a fugitive & rebel - Han Solo. At least they got that right! [face_laugh]

So now I suppose Mandalorians are going to be bounty hunters too? They're an independent group!

13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    So, for those afraid of the lack of BH on this season, it appears there will be a lot of them on the las 5/6 episodes. Can't wait for Bossk.

14. Scolai

Dec 31, 2009
    Apparently not. Jango and Boba were poor representations of Mandalorians and are "totally rogue and outlaws".

Why yes, yes, I am smiling right now, why do you ask?

15. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Just in case anybody reading this thread has not come across the link with all the spoilers for later in Season 2 of The Clone Wars, here are the links: (But beware that there are more than just Bounty Hunter spoilers there). [face_peace]

Click "Non-Partisan Characters" for Bounty Hunter spoilers galore! Beware of spoilers for Republic and Separatist characters in their respective categories!

This link automatically brings up "Non-Partisan Vehicles," mostly Bounty Hunter and Mando spoilers

Just wanted to post that to help fuel the discussion, since I've been kinda busy today... :p

16. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Are you suggesting that Boba Fett's bounty on Solo wasn't completely paid until he was tossed into the Sarlacc? Or was he just hanging around Jabba's palace for the coke and hookers?

Being on retainer for Jabba sounds less cool than being called a bounty hunter. It makes Fett sound like an orthodontist.

17. Scolai

Dec 31, 2009
    Considering the little bit added in the special edition of Boba talking up the dancer, I'm going to say "coke and hookers" is probably the correct answer.

18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, let's be perfectly honest here. A person who does one kind of violence for money isn't going to be picky about doing other kinds of violence for money.

Mercenary usually has a more military connotation: soldier for hire. Well, they fight, but these guys aren't soldiers.

19. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    He's right. They may not be "bounty hunting" the way we think they should (yet), but the aren't really mercenaries.

20. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Yes, from seeing some of these links, the last part of the season will certainly make up for their lack thereof.

And seconded on seeing The Bossk!:cool:

21. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    I am looking forward to seeing Bossk too, and the good thing is, I have not read any EU that would affect (read: infect) my view of that character. [face_dancing] I've only seen him in ESB, and I liked his little appearance there... Who doesn't? :p

22. Scolai

Dec 31, 2009
    Oddly, Bossk was never one of my favorites of the ESB bunch. I liked IG-88 most. He was like C-3PO's mean cousin.

Doesn't Bossk have history with Corran Horn or something? Killed his father? That's about the only EU stuff I know of him.

23. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Don't know about Corran Horn, but in the EU he got double crossed by a human and a Wookiee(both were bounty hunters) and was almost turned into a lizard skin coat for some Imperial's wife.:p

24. Glymphid_Warlord

Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2008
  25. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Is Boba Fett going to appear in The Clone Wars? I have not been one of the fans screaming this, but the news about the Hasbro Toy Fair seems to indicate it:

STAR WARS BOBA FETT HELMET
    (Approximate Retail Price: $34.99; Ages: 4 & up; Available: August 1, 2010)
    Show off your bounty hunting skills like Boba Fett, the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy, with the
    STAR WARS BOBA FETT HELMET. Impressively designed and styled, the STAR WARS BOBA FETT HELMET allows children to pretend to be their favorite bounty hunter as featured in both the movie THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and the new animated series STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS. The helmet also features electronic sounds and phrases and a light-up tracking scope!

It would be cool if it is true. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.