main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Cad Bane in TCW Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Or it could be the actual TODO 360...I speculated in the main discussion thread that perhaps when he kidnaps R2 and C-3PO that it's actually before 'Hostage Crisis'. In the scene where Bane tortures R2 in the Cartoon Network trailer, if you look closely at the readouts on the screen in front of Bane you can see layouts of the Senate Building. And it would make sense when he sends TODO to get C-3PO that it would be the actual droid if it's before his demise in 'Holocron Heist'. But it's just speculation(and I've been wrong about these things before:p )

2. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    One thing I'm not crazy about: Bane saying "I'm your worst nightmare".

3. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    I loved it when Cad Bane said "I'm your worst nightmare." After the first two season's Jedi exploits ( [face_sick] ) he's putting the Jedi in their place.

4. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I just think it's overkill of the 'corny bad guy saying'.

5. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    Cad Bane should definately be more southwesty than in season two. It does help get rid of the cornyness factor. Especially when he says ironic things like his conversation with Jayfon "son, I wouldn't be to hasty if I were you." He was much more old and hardened: A much better villain in his first appearance. He should be more like that. [face_praying]

6. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    THIS.

I loved that line! More stuff like that please. He sounded like a real pro when he said that. My dad's a big Lee Van Cleef fan and he thought that was perfect.

Bane probably would have killed the guy anyway though, even if he hadn't resisted. I think letting the guards live would have messed up his plan.

Kind of off topic, but I would also like to see Ziro be more sinister as well. Still campy, but meaner and more evil. :D

7. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Bane saying "I'm your worst nightmare" doesn't bother me at all. Personally I think it fits his sometimes overconfident personality.

8. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    It would be awesome if Cad Bane could do a double agent thing, going between Jabba and Ziro, telling them each information about the other. I saw in the new video, what I believe to be the Xanadu Blood landing at Jabba's palace. I always wanted to see him get it back... :D

9. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Actually, I thought Cad Bane was a lot cooler in season two.

10. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Yeah, when I saw that clip, I instantly thought of Freddy Krueger:p.

11. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    In Holocron Heist he was amazing, just like he should be. Then in Cargo of Doom (I know it was supposed to be his first appearance), he just began to fade, especially when he killed Denal :_|. In Children of the Force, they might as well have killed his character, after making him fail to give three kids (let alone his original mandate of four), his hat was off half the time and he lost the holocron. The torture scene was practically like Saw meets Clone Wars, probably the scariest thing they've aired [face_worried]. If they take Bane in that direction in season three, I will be extremely dissapointed.

12. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    I would definately like to see an episode or episodes that see Bane visiting the scumiest of scum locations such as bars and locations in Nar Shadaa, walking into a bar, and you get THAT reaction from patrons how everyone stops doing what they are doing, the music stops, they look at him, then turn back, music starts again and people go on doing what they were doing, haha, love that. I'd like to see him meet up with high-up criminals, being asked "can you kill this person" and taking the job. Also would be good to see what happens if someone puts a hit on him or doesn't pay up enough credits - or even if his target offers him double the credits for sparing him.

Would just love to see him doing bounty-hunter related stuff that's not related to the Jedi or clone wars per say, but perhaps a target he takes out could have some kind of impact that ultimately does involve the Jedi.

13. Avii

Avii Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2010
    When I generally watch a show I try to find a bad guy that I like, (Cobra Commander, Skeletor, etc). All through season 1 I was searching for that villain. It took the season finale but I finally got my wish. Cad Bane...I have to say that he is my second favorite villain (Issard is #1). Just how he can even be a major threat to the jedi makes me all giddy. I also just love that ruthlessness and cunning. How do you screw up a jedi? Turn off the gravity on the ship. Now this maybe seen as a sin in the Star Wars world....but I say Cad Bane is a cooler bounty hunter than Boba Fett.

14. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    I had just the same thought when I wrote a fan fiction with Bane in it:p. But I love to see something along the lines of this, and perhaps see him in an environment where he has to rely on the breathing apparatus to survive(as far as I know I haven't seen an example anywhere of him using this.)

And I agree, Avii...I'm still a big Grievous fan, but I found him somewhat lacking in season one so I kind of wondered how they were going to come up with another villain more ruthless than he was or make Grievous more ruthless...then I watched 'Hostage Crisis' and that changed everything(including finding my new favorite villain.:D )

15. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Of course he's cooler than Boba Fett. In addition to looking cool like Fett, has a personality, and he actually does things. :D

16. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    Cad Bane always had (relatively) highly advertised goons to double cross and hurt. So far this season, we've only seen Techno service and Assassin droids, and they've died before. When Bane put Alama in his place in the comics and left Cato to be jailed in HH, I thought those where some of the best parts of the ENTIRE series! I have a bad feelling that it may not be like the past two Bane-centric arcs this season...

17. Season_3_Rules

Season_3_Rules Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2010
    It seems so weird. Bane faces Kenobi, but Kenobi loses? And is Bane working for Jabba or Ziro? And last, will we see Rotta or another conflict with the Hutt relatives?

18. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    *walks in*

Is this supposed to be a Cad Bane fanclub type thread? You know, where in addition to talking about Bane's appearances in Clone Wars, one can also talk about the character himself?

Well I would love to discuss Cad Bane too. He's my favorite villain in the Clone Wars and my second favorite (after Sidious) Star Wars villain overall. I like the fact that he doesn't take nonsense from anybody. Oh, and I like his voice too. In fact his voice is pretty much my favorite thing about him. And yeah I can't wait to see him again in Season 3.

So in other words, yeah Cad Bane = teh awesome-sauce.

19. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Not a "fanclub," but the official discussion thread for Bane on LACWAC.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    In other words, it's basically a fanclub thread that tries to take itself seriously.

Cad Bane is srs bsns.

21. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jul 24, 2005
    Not a "fanclub," but the official discussion thread for Bane on LACWAC.

Oh. So its discussion thread then. Well that's fine with me. I saw the season 3 trailer today and I liked it. And as for the "I'm your worst nightmare" line, its cliche, but at the same I liked it. Even if the line itself is corny, I think it makes sense that he would say something like that.

I kind of had a feeling in the back of my head that this wasn't a "fanclub-fanclub". But I had to make sure. Of course I will be more than happy to post about Bane's appearances in Clone Wars Season 3.

22. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    Does anyone else want to see Cad Bane affiliated with Aurra Sing? I doubt "Assassin" will have Bane, because it ties in to Lethal Trackdown, but ever since Hostage Crisis, I thought they got along fine. I really iwsh they'd show them working together, Hostage Crisis was my all time favorite episode... I want more Bountty hunter duo!! [face_praying]

23. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    That would be cool. Especially since Aurra was more the silent enforcer in that episode.

24. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jul 24, 2005
    Well personally I think there should be a prequel episode towards "Hostage Crisis" that explains how Bane and Aurra met and decided to work together. You know, kind of like how "Clone Cadets" was a prequel to "Rookies"

By the way, I have a question of my own: If he were able to get away with it what would Bane really would have done to Ziro the Hutt? [face_thinking]

25. CadB

CadB Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2010
    There another awesome quote for bane in season 3 trailer "I'll take on any job?for the right price." "sigh" man he the coolest character ever ..

Corey Burton did a great job voicing this character ..