main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Cad Bane in TCW Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Mekairinek

Mekairinek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2009
    Heh, I have 2.

Well, one was a gift from my dad after one of the breathing tubes on my first one broke... right after I took it out of the packaging. :p

2. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Mine standing in front of my PC with blaster drawn:p ...and I hate that dang packaging![face_frustrated]

3. Orliaan-Nabberie

Orliaan-Nabberie Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2005
    ^Haha. P:

Whoa. The Bane topic was updated. I completely forgot about it, heh.

My brother and I found a few figures after a bit (a lot) of searching. Personally, I'm a little...underwhelmed? His knees don't bend and his wrists aren't jointed, but whatever. At least he can make some cool standing-still poses, I guess. Anyway, I have two - one in and one out of the packaging.

FOSDJWOCVWEOF I'm so excited for Friday.

4. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    My friends and I started a Clone Wars marathon last night, and will be continuing tonight. Cad Bane is probably THE character I am most excited for them to see (as they haven't seen the last few episodes of season 1). I've told them briefly of his uberness, but beyond that - they'll just have to experience it. Filoni and his crew definitely knew what they were doing with him, especially seeing his role expanded in the upcoming season. Awesome.

5. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    I have to admit, from what I have seen thus far of him, he's the most compelling villain I've seen in awhile...and the fact that they haven't really released much backstory information on him yet makes him moreso. Yes, the team really raised the bar here.:D

Totally random but...I just saw the hip hop trailer on TruTV and if what I saw is how it's going to look during the premiere I will be a very happy fan![face_dancing]

6. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    Yeah, knowing Hasbro, they'll probably release one with bendable knees and a softgoods jacket (or duster flaps) when they make a 'Xanadu Blood' for the vehicles next year. XP

And fdsfdfdffffff I KNOW! I'm so hyped, it's crazy.

7. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    I'm holding out for a 12 inch figure like they did Grievous(although I hope they design it better than that:p ) and the duster is some sort of leather like Grievous' cape was cloth...and a Gentle Giant or Sideshow collectible of some sort would be cool too!:D

8. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    If Sideshow does a 12" Bane, I'm going to be broke.

But it'd be sooooooo worth it.

9. Orliaan-Nabberie

Dec 17, 2005
    A 12" Bane would be awesome. An Unleashed figure might be interesting, too -- couldn't do much with it, but it'd be great to look at.

10. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Yeah, my Unleashed Grievous is awesome!:D

11. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    Yeah, I really wish they'd go back to the larger scale for the Unleashed stuff. They'd have some good potential with Clone Wars, I think. Bane especially. Not sure if they'd have him in some subtle, yet effective pose or something with his jet boots as a base.

Also, I just have to laugh at the Bane Train of icons going on here. Awesome.

12. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, talk about an attack of the clones... :p

13. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

... Couldn't resist. :p

14. Orliaan-Nabberie

Dec 17, 2005
    'Tis a plague, methinks. Or we're just obsessive fangirls. Either way, they look cool.

Five more days.

15. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    For a while, I thought of Bane of as just a Boba Fett rip-off, but I have to admit, he's grown on me.

Anyone else seen this Bane costume?
    [image=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3429/3945572793_f1ca99eef9_b.jpg]

[image=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3502/3946355704_78287d7b2e_b.jpg]

[image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2529/3954450718_4c489c8912_b.jpg]

16. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    The costume overall looks great, but my issues with it are as such:

- He has no neck! Granted, human proportions =/= 'Clone Wars' proportions, but I'm guessing Lucasfilm couldn't find a tall, skinny guy for the day.

- It looks awfully limited to move in. Did anyone notice that in any of the shots, there's literally no real range of movement? Not even his arms go up very high or stretch out.

Otherwise, it's fantastic. Obviously they have a better budget to work with and ergo it looks more on model. ;p

17. djb1997

djb1997 Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2009
    just saw new episode where cane is shot in the face and dies but i think he may of killed 1 of em then dressed up in the clone suit and killed the other then sneaked on the ship in the clone suit, got an escape pod, and returns the cube thingy and has more episodes

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    [image=http://puppy673.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/funny-pictures-captain-obvious-cat.jpg]

19. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I have really fallen in love with Cad Bane, not only because of the brilliant voice work of Corey Burton, but also because he simply returns us to that classic, gunslinger feel of the OT. I'm reminded of a darker Han Solo when I imagine crafting Cad Bane, and somehow the comparison feels approriate. I recently obtained the wonderful Cad Bane figure, but I must say, I was disappointed in the lack of any lower body articulation, hopefully we see an update soon enough.

The ability, though, to put on and remove his hat, which to me is as much of a trademark as Indiana Jones' own hat, is one of the most creative accessories I've ever seen.

20. Subach

Subach Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2008
    The one thing that prevents me from really getting into Bane is his voice, specifically that weird droid reverb. It's rather inconsistent, and in the scenes when it isn't as noticeable, his voice sounds much better.

I will say this, weird accent aside, Corey Burton's portrayal reminds me of Van Cleef's work as Angel Eyes in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly in a very positive way.

21. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Really? I love the reverb in his voice. To me it's as iconical as Darth Vader's breathing, I just realte that to the character. But we may still agree that Corey Burton does one of the most brilliant voices on the series, especially given he's also Count Dooku.

22. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    I agree, the subtle reverb just adds to the sinister nature of his character, IMO. Although I do like the normal voice he has, it's that hollow, synthesized echo that just chills you; when you hear him speak you know he's a villain.

And now I wonder what will be in store for him since they haven't shown anything more preview wise...I'm hoping he will keep the Jedi on their toes.

Oh, and the whole breathing tubes thing still bothers me, I'm guessing those things are really embedded in his cheekbones since I couldn't see any outward sign on his face of their presence.

23. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    Obi-Wan21: Welcome to the Bane Train, brah! It's always awesome to have another. =]

I really love the reverb in his voice. Though I'm wondering if that's something natural for Duros (though FWIW, the various Duros in KOTOR 1 don't have it) or if it's a side-effect of his breathing apparatus.

Speaking of which, now I'm really confused about how that device works, especially since there was no sign of them while he was still in disguise from the newest episode.

24. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Thanks for the welcome.

And, actually, that was the word I was looking for when describing Bane's reverb in his voice, it is very sinister and hollow. Imagine being down a dark alley on Coruscant and you hear that synthesized voice with the wide brim hat, it's just wonderfully dark and adds a depth and layer to his character.

Beyond how they work, it's hard to say, I imagined they were embedded into his cheekbones, now I've not seen the latest episode, I watch it online as I hate ads during Star Wars, so I'm spoiler free, as always, but once I see it then perhaps I might have a workable theory. If they're completely off, or what? But that is certainly not a Duros trait. If you look at the Cantina in ANH you'll see a Duros who has none, I believe his name is Ellors Madac or some such. I can say it but I certainly can't spell it, I have the figure of him too.

I always loved Duros, they just had this great classical alien look to them, and to see Cad Bane, now, it's just pure fan service to me.

25. Orliaan-Nabberie

Dec 17, 2005
    Hmm. On the breathing tubes - the inconsistency can get a little annoying. It has seemed to settle a little, though, since the first couple of episodes.

According to some trading cards in one of my brother's magazines, the breathing tubes prevent Bane from being sensed by the Force. The other characters' facts were pretty general, but...interesting. Not sure if they'll stay consistent with that, but whatev.

(Also, welcome to the fold, Obi-Wan21. ;) )