main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Cad Bane in TCW Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Mar 20, 2009.

1. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Bane dohn gare as long as hee get paid...

2. CadBaneFangirl

CadBaneFangirl Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2009
    Maybe he got his teeth capped in the games and that's why we don't see his
    fangs. LOL!

3. RoderulijKumar

RoderulijKumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2008
    I love his accent. D:

4. Catgirl_from_Eoz

Catgirl_from_Eoz Jedi Master star 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Just a quick note for now, everyone... O:)

[face_devil] [face_pumpkin] HAPPY HALLOWEEN! [face_pumpkin] [face_devil]

5. Jensaarai-defender

Jensaarai-defender Jedi Master star 1

Sep 1, 2008
    I'm cool with Cad Bane, as long as he doesn't become The Clone Wars analog to The Goddamn Batman. That is a so called normal person who is so well trained and outfitted. That they effectively render the genuinely superhuman characters of the story irrelevant.

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    When will Cad Bane behave like a Bounty Hunter? I mean, hunt bounties.

7. CadBaneFangirl

Oct 12, 2009
    This has been a on my mind a while but was Bane flirting with
    Padme or teasing her?
    In a way he almost sounded like he was hitting
    on her hard. [face_laugh]
    BTW I drew a pic of Cad Bane without his shirt on
    my DA gallery! [face_love]

8. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Batman? Heck, people have been comparing him to the Joker:p And what's wrong with being prepared for anything? I would expect a bounty hunter of Bane's caliber to be well-equipped and trained for almost any situation. he'd be foolish not to be, especially when going up against Jedi.

9. Jensaarai-defender

Sep 1, 2008

Cad Bane as he is now is cool!:D And anybody trying go after Jedi with out being crazy prepared, should die a very swift death.

However I hope that he is never alivated to the Goddamn Batman's level. Batman has beaten Superman in a fight, and has plans to take out the entire Justice League if need be And those plans work!

While doing a little writing oo my own, and reading about the prosess of universe buidling; which offten leads me to Tv Tropes. I have come to a realization, people with superhuman abilities exist within stories for two reasons? One to be visually impressive. And two do things that so called normal people can't do easily or at all. When their is a normal person who is able to stand up to and effectively fight the superpeople of their setting, on there terms. it defeatist the purpose of having superpeople in the setting.

10. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    ugggh, TV tropes:rolleyes: ....heck, the way those ideas describe things, almost anything in any TV series is a 'trope'.:p

And to me, having superpeople defeating normal people all the time would bore the crap out of me...it doesn't make them irrelevant, it just requires them to use their brains instead of relying on their superpowered brawn for a change(sort of like what the Jedi had to do in dealing with Bane.) That's why I gravitate more towards characters like Bane and the Batman; normal individuals who through cunning and experience can actually outwit and go up against the individuals who should be able to easily defeat them with the wave of a hand.

11. Mekairinek

Mekairinek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2009
    Yeah, I'm with Ludo on this one. Heck, a majority of my favorite Star Wars characters (Cad Bane and Grievous; Carth, Canderous, Zaalbar and Mission from KOTOR) aren't Force-users. I myself like the 'normals' who have an immense amount of skill and stuff. It shows you don't need flashy powers to be badass and stuff. Another example for me would be Mass Effect... I'm not exactly thrilled that about 90% of the party in the sequel all are biotics (aka ME's version of the Force/Magic/telekinesis) and the only 2 'normals' are characters I don't particularly care for.

But I digress.

I myself like Bane because, well, he's really cunning and let's face it: he's just a total rat. Something about his cold character really appeals to my more antagonistic side. And I mean come on... for everyone who complains about Bane, have you guys forgotten how over-romanticized and overblown Boba Fett is (who has been made out to be more of a badass than Bane in the past)? Maybe Boba just has time and rose-tinted nostalgia on his side, but IMHO he's no real different from Bane, as far as hype goes.

Plus I think Bane challenges most old school/long-time Star Wars fans by being a type of character who -not including the EU- is very unconventional for a Star Wars character on screen. Mostly in that he can take on Jedi, albeit with his toys. Most of those who've stood up to Jedi in the movies have been other Force-users at this point.

However, I will concede that his (Bane's) badassery is a little overblown at this point due to the marketing of Season 2, but IMHO I think it's good he's there as a "spoiler". Like I've said in other threads, if the show was JUST 'Jedi vs. Separatists', then I'd be bored to tears.

12. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    ^ Well said, Mek...well said!=D=

13. CadBaneFangirl

Oct 12, 2009
    Again my question was ignored.
    (blasts a hole in a nearby tin can with her blaster)

14. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    If you're referring to your Padme question, I don't think he was actually flirting with her; his main interest was getting Ziro freed and getting paid...with Padme, she happened to catch his eye and with his somewhat sadistic nature he taunted her a bit when she mentioned she was a senator and he thought she was too young and pretty to be one. I mean, as soon as Anakin showed up on the scene he instantly lost interest in her and his one motivation at that point was to get the Jedi...dead or alive.

15. Jensaarai-defender

Sep 1, 2008

I have to disagree with you, superpeople are special because they do that which no one else can! They take on and overcome challenges that would be suicidal for anyone else! And when anyone can do the same with sufficient training, out fitting, and the all important prep-time. It dose diminish the specialness of the settings superpeople.

The StarWars univere's superpeople are Jedi, now I am by no means advocating the notion that Jedi should be invonurable because the story would suck if they were. However I do feel that no one not a force-secetive or in someway super should be able to beet a jedi in a fair fight.

Example no.1 General Grievous a highly accomplished military leader even before becoming a cyborg. And after becoming a cyborg he gained physical abilities on par with and probably exceeding the empowerment that the Force grants the average Jedi Knight.

no.2 Durge the bounty-hunter is at least a thousand years old, and has spent much of that time going from one battlefield to the next! Durge's vast biological superiority over the majority of sentient species in the galaxy, combined with having more combat experience than Grandmaster Yoda. Let's Durge out perform even exceptional Jedi Knights!

Armed with nothing more than there connection to the Force, a weaponized plasma cutter ,and a homespun robe Jedi Knights not Masters, knights routinely march ware the baddest badsss normals of the Star Wars universe, the Mandolorian Super-commandos; fear to tread!

There is no such thing as an overpowered character only inappropriate and underpowered challenges.

I will admit to being more than a little biased, when I was little I never truly identified with the Mighty Barbarian, the Clever Thief, and the Skilled Warrior!

I wanted to be the guy, that knew secrets thought lost to the ages! I wanted to be the guy that learned truths that would shatter the mind and possibly souls of weaker beings. I wanted to be the guy that studied things, that some weak wild fool believed that mankind was not ready for!

I wanted to be the guy that through devotion to lost secrets, unknowable truths, and forbidden knowledge. Learned to reshape them world around!

I wanted To The The Wizard!

16. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Well, then I guess we agree on disagreeing...you have your thing and I have mine and that's cool by me.[face_peace]

17. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Almost all of the Jedi get killed in RotS by clones. Jedi are already seen as not all-powerful in this show, and I think Jedi should definitely get beat by non-Force villains. Maybe not all the time, but there should be a feild of different challenges other than just Sith and Sith-wannabees.

18. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Heh - you know what I was thinking?

I rewatched Hostage Crisis, and while it was a particularly badass episode, I realized: Bane shouldn't have set off the bombs at the end - all that tells any future negotiators is that he can't be trusted, even if he gets what he wants - and so I expect future organizations would refuse to give in to his ransom demands.

19. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I agree; I tought that was a very "unprofessional" thing to do. It would make it really hard for him to pull a similar stunt to what he did in that episode. Then again, maybe not - what are people going to say, "Oh, sorry, we aren't going to try to negotiate with Bane to save your lives, since he's just going to kill you anyway."?

20. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Well... yeah. They are going to risk a dangerous operation to neutralize Bane instead of obeying his demands. Since they can't trust him to keep his words, they might as well send in a team of commandos and see of anyone manages to survive the chaos.

21. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    I can't believe he was the face of Season 2, yet was only in three episodes.

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Good to see this thread again. :p

23. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, think of it this way: He got THREE episodes where he was a major character in one season. That's more than most 'supporting' characters can boast, and they had to wait for season 2 to even up the score. :p

24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I wouldn't call Cad Bane a major character. In total, he's been in four episodes. Mentioned and shown in a few webcomics, young reader books. If they would have shown in him and developed him a lot more during season two, he would have been a good/fleshed out character.

25. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Season 2 is titled "Rise of the Bounty Hunters"; not "Rise of Cad Bane, the Bounty Hunter".
    Additionaly, the operative word is "rise" as in "a beginning"...as opposed to "The Golden Age of the Bounty Hunters."

That being said, Cad Bane is a great character and the few episodes we saw him in only leaves us wanting more (like Ventress).