main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Cad Bane in TCW Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Mar 20, 2009.

1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I wouldn't call it Rise of the Bounty Hunters either.

2. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I'm looking at it as 'Rise of the Characters Who Aren't Jedi or Separatists'. In that sense, you've got everything from Mandalorians, Geonosian brain worms, deserters and the Zillo Beast conveniently filed under 'bounty hunters'. :p

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The zillo wasn't hunting him some bounty?:p

In the unlikely scenario we get a trailer for season 3 tonight, I'm half suspecting them to trump Cad Bane again. Just for kicks.

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Well the finale of Season 1 consisted of Ziro getting sprung from prison by the Hutts (who hired Bane). The whole Jabba vs. Ziro issue that was brought up in the TCW film has remained unresolved as the events of Hostage Crisis were swept under the rug for the duration of Season 2. I hope those events are built upon in Season 3, otherwise I'd fear TCW moving too far along that the issue would just be forgotten about and never followed up on.

Bane of course then could resume working for the Hutts.

5. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I was really hoping ol' Cad would make a cameo in the finale. Alas.

Nice to see him in the season 3 preview, though.

I might argue the other way, seeing as they accounted for at least seven of the 22 episodes, netting almost a third of the season.

6. cadbanerocks21

cadbanerocks21 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2010
    Cad Bane sounds more tough in this season. He faces Kenobi and even says "I can do any job, for the right price." He even kidnaps Threepio!

7. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I was just thinking about that scene yesterday...gods, wouldn't it be wild if Ziro would be there and Bane takes off his hat and says that in a way of saying he's loyal to no one, even Ziro and Jabba having that confident look on his face. I could imagine Ziro's chins dropping to the floor.:p

8. cadbanerocks21

cadbanerocks21 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2010
    Well, they both know he is a bounty hunter.

9. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    But they don't know he's completely allianceless.

God I can't wait for this season. Hutts, Mandos, Seperatists Heroes and Victories, Red Shirts and of course: CAD BANE.

I hope they don't over do the whole 'not wearing a hat' thing like in Children of the Force.

10. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Yes, I like him better with the hat on too.

11. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I agree, Bane looks much less menacing without his hat.

12. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    By the way, where does he get his hats?
    He lost the first one in Cargo of Doom (along with rest of his clothes), and then the second one in Children of the Force when he was captured. Has he a closet full of them?

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Tea. Earl Grey. Hot. ;)

14. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    His clothes are Nashtah hide, so I guess when ever he ditches a pair of clothes, he just kills another one.

That would be awesome in TCW :eek:

15. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    Bane killing a Nashtah for his clothes? That would be neat and man, I wonder who his tailor is?:p

16. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    Probably Todo :p

I was watching Holocron Heist, and Bane retorted to Todo's "not being a butler" by saying: "Damn it Todo, you are what I say you are!" That made me explode in laughter. [face_laugh]

17. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    I thought he said "Can it Todo, you are what I say you are!"[face_thinking]

18. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I've always heard it as 'damn it', but admittedly it could easily be 'can'. Personally I prefer the former for Bane.

19. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    It's cool that even in a children's show, Cad Bane will curse. :D

20. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I always heard "can it, TODO", but I coul be wrong.

21. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    you could be, and in the anti FCCFCW (FCC for clone wars) of which I seceretly take place but actually don't because its not real you ARE. heheheh [face_mischief]

22. Ludo_Kressh

Jun 30, 2005
    I've always heard him say 'Can it, TODO!' and I did think it was weird.(but then again, he called Robonino 'bubblebrain' in 'Hostage Crisis' so...) But yeah, him saying 'damn it, TODO!' would be funny and cool at the same time.

23. Orvakki

Orvakki Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2010
    Just when I was hoping that Cad Bane would finally sling his hook.

24. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I really like the new footage of him joyously Lightsaber dueling Obi Wan pulling off some dirty tricks such as the gauntlet chain and the flame thrower.

25. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    In the CV trailer it shows Cad in front of a Hutt when Cad says "for the right price..." or whatever the line was. Do we know who that Hutt is? There was a rumor the Hutts would be more involved in season three (yay!) and that we would get an explanation as to who exactly broke out Ziro and why.

Another thing that bothers me is... how is Todo 360 back? I guess Cad could have kept his memory/personality on a computer file somewhere and then just re-downloaded it into another Todo-style droid... but at the same time doesn't that seem a little sentimental for a cold-hearted bounty hunter such as Bane?

EDIT: looks like 3P0 and Todo will square off. Kick his butt 3P0!