main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho The Official Celebration IV Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kasey_Kenobi, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Here is Ron's post about CIV for our information:

From starwars.com

Star Wars Celebration IV in Los Angeles To Mark 30th Anniversary of Saga
    May 26, 2006

To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Gen Con LLC will throw the largest party ever for fans of the saga, taking over the entire Los Angeles Convention Center in May 2007 for five days filled with live entertainment, celebrities from all six movies, special film and video presentations, an exhibit of movie props and costumes, exclusive merchandise sold at a 24-hour-a-day store, pop culture tributes, immersive events, costume contests, and scores of additional activities.
    Star Wars Celebration IV will fill the L.A. Convention Center from Thursday, May 24 to Monday, May 28, 2007. Admission to the first day of the event will be for worldwide members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club, many of whom will help plan and run special programming themselves. The convention will be open to the general public from Friday through Monday, Memorial Day.

"Generations of fans have loved Star Wars, many passing along the 'Star Wars gene' to their children," said Steve Sansweet, Director of Content Management and head of Fan Relations for Lucasfilm. "This is the first chance to celebrate all six movies in the saga-George Lucas' complete story-as well as the vibrant future of Star Wars. If you've ever been to one of our Celebrations-or if you haven't been before-this is the one not to miss."

Celebration III, a four-day event held in Indianapolis in April 2005, attracted more than 34,000 fans from all over the world. "We started getting questions about a possible Celebration IV even while the last convention was running," Sansweet noted. "So we're determined to far outstrip anything we've done before, both in size and scope, as well as introduce many first-time activities and lots of exclusives."

Lucasfilm is also working on other Star Wars-related events in the Los Angeles area just prior to Celebration IV, "so we're expecting Southern California to become 'Destination: Star Wars' from the weekend before through Memorial Day weekend," Sansweet said.

The convention announcement was made jointly by Lucasfilm Ltd. and Gen Con LLC. Gen Con will once again manage the convention on behalf of Lucasfilm and the Official Star Wars Fan Club. The Celebration IV announcement is being made a year in advance to give fans worldwide a chance to plan for a week-long "Destination: Star Wars" blow-out in Los Angeles.

Los Angeles is the ideal site for a 30th Anniversary convention, Sansweet said, since there are many Star Wars roots in the area. It was also the location of the first official Star Wars fan gathering, the 10th Anniversary Convention. Star Wars opened on May 25, 1977, on just 32 theater screens in North America, including Grauman's Chinese Theater on Hollywood Boulevard.

One of the highlights for fans at a Star Wars convention is the chance to buy unique merchandise, including an exclusive, limited-edition action figure. Because this has led to bottlenecks and long lines in the past, the Celebration IV store will be bigger than ever, self-service, well-stocked with merchandise, have plenty of check-out lanes...and be open 24 hours a day from the opening of the show on Thursday until the close on Monday!

"Gen Con is thrilled to be working again with Lucasfilm on this very special event," said Peter Adkison, owner of Gen Con LLC, producer of Gen Con Indy and other Gen Con events. "Together I know that we will produce a convention that will not only meet, but exceed, fans' expectations. With Lucasfilm 100% behind this show, it's going to be the biggest party in the history of the franchise. We are particularly focused on dramatically improving the selection and service in the Celebration store."

Stay tuned to starwars.com as your primary source for updates about programming, guests, activities, entertainment and exclusive merchandise at Celebration IV to be released as they are confirmed closer to the convention.

2. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Just got off the phone with Ron. He got a Super 8 reserved (two rooms). However, I have a theory that the reason why many of the hotels are already booked is because they are being reserved for Fanforce members, like at CIII>
    So it may be possible to get a really nice hotel if this ends up holding true. Everyone should keep there eyes open.
    I'm already excited!

3. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Jedi_Jack_Bauer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 2, 2006
    I am good with whatever is decided.

4. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    This hotel is closer than the one at super 8 also has a pool and is cheaper trust me i will keep my eyes open as i always do. But i do believe this is going to be the best deal so far. or at all.

[image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/fromhoteltoconc4.gif]
    The Room View check it out not to bad. too see our rooms we have booked two in total too keep 2 we will need min of 8 people, for sure going. I have 2 seperate reservations made so no worries there it is 14% tax so the hotel here will cost us only 137.00 each with a min of 4 guest in each room that is for 6 nights. not a bad price as you notice the view of the room we have cable tv
    Fridge and Microwave to make eating cheaper. here are all the amenities,

Amenities
    ? Clean & comfortable accommodations in two floors with 54 meticulously appointed rooms.
    ? Meeting room with 400 sq. Feet of state-of-the art meeting, event and corporate retreat facilities and services for up to 25-30 people .
    ? Complimentary continental breakfast
    ? FREE T1 High Speed Internet access
    ? FREE local phone calls.
    ? Daily tours from hotel to Universal Studios, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and other attractions
    ? Family plan, kids 18 and under free in room with parents.
    ? FREE weekday local paper
    ? Complimentary on-site parking
    ? Safety deposit boxes at front desk
    ? Wake up calls
    ? Wireless hot spot in lobby and breakfast room
    ? Rollaway beds available
    ? Fax machine and copy service at front desk
    ? Electronically controlled room access door locks
    ? Non-smoking rooms available
    ? On call airport shuttle service
    ? In room hairdryers
    ? Newly remodeled bathrooms with granite vanity tops
    ? In-room microwave and refrigerator
    ? In-room coffee maker
    ? Cable or satellite television with movie, sports and news channel
    ? Seasonal outdoor swimming pool Click here to see the 8ft pool at the hotel
    ? Elevators
    ? Exterior corridors

Los Angeles Convention Center Hotel - Area Restaurants

? McDonald's 0.1 mi
    ? Korean Restaurant 0.1 mi
    ? Morton's Steakhouse 2.0 mi
    ? Thai Restaurant 0.1 mi
    ? California Pizza Kitchen 2.0 mi
    ? Taylor's Steakhouse 3.0 mi

5. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    As Vice President I appointed Ron to be the New Boise Order Rep. (Notice your title change).

6. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    cool thanks can you do it this way
    senior pr/nbo c4 rep

7. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    just put the request in for your title change Ron.

8. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    To our RSA.

9. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    that is who I pm'd.

10. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    thanks for getting that done.

Oh on a more fun note. I got the picture pagemore updated take a look and let me know what you all think of the change.Fanforce events pic page

11. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    well travelocity has flights avaible between 317 and up round trip wooo hoo i think i will purchase mine in about a week or so want to talk with some people first about flights.

12. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002

Correction room is 99.99 per night and 14% sales tax to make total for each night per room
    113.99 per night with all taxes included per room.

total for each person if we have four people in a room
    170.99 or 171.00 still not a bad deal for a 6 day room with pool and microwave and fridge, and mile away from con i am still trying to find a closer room but is hard to get cheaper than we already got even if we take a taxi is still cheaper here so far.

13. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
  14. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Ron, when do you need money for this? Anything new yet?

I for one will be making this a much larger endeavor than just CIV. I will be visiting my dad in San Jose, a friend not far from there, going to Disneyland, and CIV.

I want to know if anyone else is interested in doing Disneyland?

Going there as a club would be tight!

15. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    I am down with Disneyland, and Magic Mountain (Josh mentioned it I believe) as well.

16. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    To me, DisneyLand is like my home town!
    DisneyLand is the main reason I want to move back to Southern California, some day!!!

When we go to CIV, I will have a season pass that will not be good on weekends.

Yeah, I'll go to DisneyLand with you guys, and when you go to Magic Mountain, I'll go to DisneyLand.[face_mischief]

17. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Who-hoo! This is going to rock! And its a long ways off...but no time like the present to prepare!

18. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006

WOW! A season pass and you don't even live there. That does make you quite a fan of the place:) !

Even if I can't do Magic Mountain on this trip I guess there are 2 Six Flags within a couple of hours of Austin, TX . Disneyland will be fun though.

19. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002

I would like it by the 1st of the new year that way if i do not have the rooms and cab fares by then we can find a replacement for the room. so be 100% sure you are going or not to be int he room with us so we know if we need replace or not.

20. JediFalcon25

JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    C4 baby!!!

21. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Those planning on also attending Disneyland and possibly Universal Studios, we will be going early to California instead of staying later. This is still in the works but will be in stone by the time Ron collects money for hotels.

If you have any additional thoughts to help this function properly, post them here.

22. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
  23. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Well, I'm going to try my darndest to have $220 to you by January Ron. However, I won't even be in town until the 2nd. I'm going to California the 26th-2nd for Christmas. So can I get you the hotel fee's by the end of January? Or possibly the January meeting?

Thanks. It's going to be a stretch, but I know that it will be worth it. It's going to be fun.

24. jasterpreel

jasterpreel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2005
    I'd like to go to six flags and the Getty Art Museum.

25. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    They have some really cheap flights on Travelocity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.