main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho The Official Celebration IV Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kasey_Kenobi, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Its cheaper if you're going down for longer like to do Disneyland. The flight prices drop a bunch.

Eric and I dropped in on Russ at Suncoast in Karcher Mall to tell him he'd been given the lifetime membership. He excepted and told us he's going to CIV! So is James and Russ's brother. They are interested in the hotel also! Russ said he'd get back to me after the weekend to let me know if he's interested in the room. Ron, I'm going to try my best to have the money to you by the 1st. Here's hoping.

2. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    Well this is something we can all consider to do to save some money also to take a cab to the airport is 42.00 and to take it from the airport it is 45.00 before tips. we can take the bus.

lax transit bus #42
    to king figuron get off take metro 200 west on king, Get off at alvarado and olympic walk to the hotel about .33 of a mile

should be no more than 5.00 a person 3.00 for the ticket and i do not know how much a transfer is. prob a 1.00 or a little more. can also reverse this back to the airport to save some money. I am also looking at busses to the con each day might be cheaper to take a cab though with four of us to a cab.

to take the cab to the con each day would be like no more than 20.00 both ways. to take the bus would be around 10 takes about 15-20 mins to take the bus it is about 1.25 each person.

so bus sounds like the best way to go.

so this could save us some money on the overall cost should bring up at the meeting.

http://www.metro.net/default.asp

can also get a
    Day Pass

Try the Metro Day Pass - The convenient way to ride all day.

Our Day Pass makes it easier than ever to go Metro! You can ride any Metro bus or rail line all day long for just $3. If you board three or more times, you?ll save money over the single-fare price.

Buy your Day Pass on board any Metro Bus or at any Metro Rail station. You?ll get all of LA for 3 bucks a day!

specially if we plan to take the bus back to the hotel may want to come back and take a nap and then go back to the con get a day pass after the third trip it paid for it self.

3. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Viceroy_Of_Alderaan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2006
    http://www.manntheaters.com/chinese/index.php

Here is the Mann's Chinese Theater Information.

4. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Preston purchased my television. I'm going to CIV. Ron, I will pay you the $175 tonight at Magic Dragon with a check dated for Wednesday. See you tonight.

5. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Ron, there has been some concern about taking the buses. What is the cost difference between taxi and bus? Is there any advantage to using taxi instead of bus, or vice versa?

6. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    I understand the concerns but the simple matter is the bus is cheap to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel is 42.00 plus 2.50 for airport pick up. then to take a taxi to the airport from the hotel is another 42.00.

to take a taxi to the con could be 10.00 one way then back to hotel is another 10.00 so it is more afordable to take the bus 3.00 for a bus pass and no more than 6.00 to the hotel and back. a person 6 times 4 is better than 42.00.

also if the concerns are being on the bus as a tourist being a group of people makes you less likely to be a target.

7. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Yeah, and with all the fans in the area during the time of the Con, I'm not worried about that. Well, I guess a bus pass it is then.
    How late does the bus run though?

8. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    I believe the bus runs till like 1-2 am

day passes end at 9pm i beleive also but if going to the movies and other things around town the day pass is usefull.

just a reminder also kasey, please try to get a final word from Russ and his group so we can collect the money at the meeting i have an agrement for him to sign when he pays for the room.

700.00 total that is the same as 175.00 divided by 4

9. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Ron, Russ called me and left a voicemail that he and James WILL be making it to CIV and want to stay in the room you have reserved. He's not sure though if he can make the Feb 3rd date. I text messaged your phone number and e-mail address to him. He said he'd be in touch with you about it. He said he'd be willing to sign a contract or whatever just so you know that he's good for the money. So it looks like we're all set for the hotel.

10. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Well I'm only going to give Russ or James till the meeting to contact me if no contact I'm going to allow the 501st of idaho the hotel room. Ondiv already told me they want it also and will fill the room.

11. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Program Details

Coupons to be sold at $10ea. ( same as Celebration III )

Some celebrities will be one coupon, others two and three.

Fast path system to return!

Autograph Program to be held in Halls H&J at the LACC.

Halls H&J both equal 76,785 sq. ft. (157,570 sq. ft total compared to the 48,000 used at Celebration III.)

Date & Times

Thursday, May 24: Noon --8:00 PM -- open only to members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, May 25-27: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Open to all CIV attendees.

Monday, May 28: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Open to all CIV attendees.
    To see what celeberties will be at CIV doing autographs check here http://www.officialpix.com/OPX/Celebrities.html

12. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    got a reply from russ says he no longer needs the room so I offered it to the 501st and if they turn it down I will cancel the reservation.

13. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    This just in from the latest edition of the Star Wars Homing Beacon:

"STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV UPDATE

Members of Hyperspace: The Official Star Wars Fan Club, and members of other official Star Wars Fan Clubs worldwide, will enjoy their very own exclusive benefits at Star Wars Celebration IV this May.

Scheduled for May 24-28, 2007, the 30th anniversary weekend of the Star Wars saga, Celebration IV will bring days of fun, events, entertainment, and exhibits to the Los Angeles Convention Center -- and members of the Fan Clubs can enjoy one extra free day of exclusive access on Thursday, May 24!

Fan Club members who purchase a four-day, full show pass will be allowed entry one day before the rest of the general public is admitted to the show, at no extra cost. Here's what's in store for Members on Thursday, May 24:

Exclusive, First Access to the Celebration Store:

The Celebration Store will feature a great selection of cool merchandise created just for Celebration IV, including a yet-to-be-revealed exclusive action figure. Fan Club members can start shopping in West Hall A of the Convention Center at noon on Thursday, May 24. The store will be open just for them until 10:00 AM on Friday, May 25, when it will open for other show attendees.

First Access to the Celebration Exhibit Hall:

Fan Club members will get to have the first look at what's new in Star Wars collectibles, toys, and merchandise from licensees and dealers in the Exhibit Hall. Open from 12 noon to 8:00 PM on May 24 just for members, the exhibit hall will feature great displays, shopping, and planned Celebration IV exclusives from licensees.

First Access to Autograph Celebrities:

Official Pix will be returning to Celebration IV, and anticipate an even larger guest list of celebrities for fans to meet. The show's location in Los Angeles opens the door to many potential new guests as well. The Celebration Autograph Hall will be open just for Fan Club members on Thursday, May 24 from 12 noon to 8:00 PM.

Celebration IV Art Show:

Star Wars artists will offer spectacular, original lithographs created for Celebration IV, and Fan Club members will be the first to have the option to shop at the Art Show. Scheduled hours are 12 noon to 8:00 PM on Thursday, May 24 for Fan Club members only, and then for all attendees the rest of the weekend.

First Access to the Fan Fair Hall:

Once again, Star Wars fans will be a great part of the entertainment for Celebration IV. The Fan Fair Exhibit Hall, scheduled for Hall G in the Los Angeles Convention Center, will be sparkling with exhibits, activities, and stages dedicated to the love of Star Wars. Members of the official Fan Clubs will get a chance to wander through and enjoy the displays before anyone else, from 12 noon until 8:00 PM on Thursday, May 24.

First Viewing of the Star Wars Celebration Archive Exhibit:

Lucasfilm will produce an exhibit of props and costumes from the movie archives especially for Celebration IV, that will look back on 30 years of Star Wars magic. Members of the Fan Club have one extra day to take in this wonderful exhibit, from 12 Noon to 6:00 PM on May 24.

Two Special Celebration IV Film Tracks:

Members of the Fan Club can sit back and relax from the busy pace of Members-Only day in one of two soon-to-be-announced film tracks. The tracks will be open for continuous viewing from 12 noon on Thursday, May 24 until midnight just for Fan Club members, and then for everyone attending the show the rest of the weekend.

Join the Fan Club Now and Register for Celebration IV!:

To enjoy a the Members-Only day at Celebration IV, first join the Official Star Wars Fan Club. Then, register for a 4-day pass for Star Wars Celebration IV. Only Fan Club members with 4-day passes will be allowed in on the exclusive Fan Club day. Members of other official Star Wars Fan Clubs worldwide should sign up for their fan clubs (United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Spain), and then register for Celebration IV.

Q: How will I prove that I'm a Fan Club member at Celebration?

14. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Viceroy_Of_Alderaan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2006
    I am not sure at this time. I can make the down payment, but I don't want to lose that money because I cannot afford the rest of the trip. I will let you know after Monday.

15. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    First CIV Guest has been confirmed David Prowse (Darth Vader) from episodes IV V VI

16. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    well the second room has been resolved since Russ turned it Down Ondiv from the local 501st offered to take it and get it filled.

ondiv wrote:
    *JUMPS ON THE PM*

mine mine mine mine!!!

Sorry bud, I've been away the past couple of days finishing up shoots for the garrison DVD. It's been a crazy past couple of days. I'll take the room and fill it for you

17. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Just to let everyone know I have already postponed the pay day by a month and still no one has paid for the room.

I am only giving untill February 18th at the Gamenight and if no one pays then. The room will be closed.

That gives an extra 18 days to just pay for the room. just about half a year to come up with those funds.

18. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Hello everyone! I just discovered this forum and though I live in Utah, I have many friends in Idaho who are Star Wars fans and many of us are going to CIV! I would love to meet everyone here who is attending. See you all there!

19. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Thanks for the PM! Love to hook up at CIV. Let us know.

20. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Official Pix is now looking for volunteers to help out with the huge autograph program now under way for Celebration IV. If you think you've got what it takes and want to help out, then please follow the link and sign up today!

http://www.officialpixvolunteers.com/

21. obi-wan_fett

obi-wan_fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2007
    Just want to let you guys know that they are going to be offering an exclusive mini-bust of Darth Malak at C4.

22. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    So who's driving and who's flying? I'm driving down there, myself. The Alpine Garrison is looking at chartering a bus and stuffing as many as we can. If anybody here is planning on driving, you're welcome to join us in our planning efforts. Might save a buck or two.

23. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    thanks yes i heard about the bus From Ondiv as well. I know i will be flying and if i had heard about the bus before I purchased my plane tickets i would be all for that.

24. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Hmmmm, I might be up for that. In fact, Dan might as well. I'll let you know on that.

25. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    This is just a reminder for every one who is planning on staying in the room it is the last day to make a payment for the room. I wanted to post this so for those who may not be at the game night to pay understand this as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.